Should Bristol Be A 'DWTS' Finalist? Brandy, Karina, Tony Dovolani & Johnny Weir Give Us Their Thoughts! Exclusive!

Mon, November 22, 2010 11:10am EDT by 20 Comments
Courtesy of ABC

Courtesy of ABC

HollywoodLife.com grilled the celebs Nov. 21 at the American Music Awards for their thoughts on Dancing with the Stars finalist, Bristol the Pistol!

Former Dancing with the Stars cast mates showed their support for teen mom Bristol Palin, despite her being heavily scrutinized for being a poor dancer. No matter how good Jennifer Grey, Kyle Massey and Bristol perform, the choice is ultimately up to the viewers. Will they vote for the best dancer, or the person they can relate to the most?

Here’s what celebs said about Bristol:

Dancer Tony Dovolani:

• On Bristol making it to the finals: “She has nothing to be ashamed about.”
  • His personal pick: “I want Kyle to win. He’s been showing the most enthusiasm and having the most fun out there.”

Dancer Karina Smirnoff:

• “Everyone has been really harsh with Bristol, and they’ve said she doesn’t deserve to be in the final. When we had Evan [Lysacek] and Nicole [Scherzinger] last year, people said it wasn’t fair because they were dancers. Now we have a non-dancer, and maybe there were better dancers, but the show has never just been a dance competition. It’s a popularity and personality contest, so I think this season’s finalists are completely different from each other, we have the graceful Jennifer. We have Kyle who is Mr. Personality, he is always happy. Then we have Bristol who has had the best journey and the best story. It will all depend who does the best freestyle, that will be the best performance of the night. They all have something different.

Skating with the Stars judge & Olympic gold medalist Johnny Weir:

• His personal pick: “I’m going to leave it in America’s hands. I love Jennifer Grey. I love Dirty Dancing. I want her to win. I think she’s the best. She’s so classy. I love her.”

And we saved the best for last: Brandy! When we asked her for her thoughts on the Bristol controversy, she gave the most shocking answer of all: total silence! I think that speaks for itself.

— Jenn Murray

how to diet effectively

Posted at 9:59 AM on March 25, 2013

I have to say, youve got 1 with the ideal blogs Ive seen in a long time. What I wouldnt give to have the ability to produce a blog thats as fascinating as this. I guess Ill just have to maintain reading yours and hope that one day I can write on a topic with as substantially information as youve got on this 1!

adam

Posted at 10:30 PM on November 23, 2010

If Bristol wins there is no reason to support dancing with the stars ever again. Because it was a scam, set-up and phone calls to vote did not count. Obviously, if the producers are Republicans and ‘UNCOORDINATED Bristol’ wins then DO NOT SUPPORT DANCING WITH THE STARS.
Brisol is one of the MOST uncoordinated, two-left feet, no rhythm, obese dancers I have ever seen. All that ‘fat’ shaking all over the place looks like ‘jelly’ cause jam don’t shake that way.
Definitely Jennifer is the ‘only professional dancer’ who really deserves to win. Jennifer should be on “so you think you can dance.” These people are way below Jennifer’s standard when it comes to dancing, technique, style and professionalism. I have spoken the TRUTH.

Annesah Bullock

Posted at 9:00 PM on November 22, 2010

Bristol have the nerve to call people haters, haters of what? She is stiff and as far as I am concerned should be dubbed as they did Michael Bolton. I agree with JoeBloww, she is no star and should have been booted off instead of Brandy. Brandy danced with style and grace. Bristol has no style or grace. Her free style was a bust she even said she felt she should not have been there and that the truth. She also said she felt defeated and she was by Brandy, yet saved by politics. Haters hump…hate her dancing. If she win, it is a sin and a shame. Every woman dancer on this episode danced way better than she did, plus when they tried to be sexy, they were. Did you see her trying to be sexy, she looked like she was in pain.

Gina Nicoleti

Posted at 9:18 PM on November 22, 2010

Obviously, your opinion is purely based on the “black thing”

adam

Posted at 10:58 PM on November 23, 2010

Too bad you can’t see past that…..use your mind, not what you think. Talk what you know, not what you sprew out of your A$$.

adam

Posted at 11:00 PM on November 23, 2010

Learn something, use your MIND…..Jennifer won, that’s who is suppose to win….I have spoken the TRUTH….

Faith

Posted at 10:06 PM on November 22, 2010

Kate Gosselin was no star either. Bristol is doing her best and has no say over who votes her. Brandy was arrogant and cocky and thought she was a shoe in. Didn’t like her personality at all. Obviously she didn’t have enough fans to keep her in. Jennifer also has an attitude not to mention her constant complaining. Kyle should win. He’s the one who has improved the most and has great showmanship. I hope he wins.

adam

Posted at 11:02 PM on November 23, 2010

YOU’RE NOT TOO SMART…..SAY WHAT YOU WANT, IT MEANS NOTHING…JENNIFER IS THE WINNER AND I’M PROUD, SHE IS THE PROFESSIONAL REPRESENTING US THE PROFESSIONAL/CHOREGRAPHERS.

adam

Posted at 10:45 PM on November 23, 2010

I agree w/you 100%. I know Bristol and the way she dances is the same way she looks when she rides a horse. She’s working her partner like he’s a ‘horse, well trained,’ but she’s still trying to stay on the saddle. She has not tranformed into a dancer, she’s transformed into an obese idiot flopping all over the stage spooling the extra belly fat across the stage. As you can see her partner can’t pick her up off the floor, like the other partners have done. She’s too heavy and he’ll get a hernia. I know he wants it to be OVER SOONER THAN WE THINK. Like I said before if Bristol wins then you know it was already predetermined who was going to win from the start of the program and it proves ‘votes do not count.’ Bristol also stops dancing while her partners works his tail off. Also watch how mix-up Bristol’s feet flies across the floor. This season is a total diaster. The Brady bunch mother and Bristol are on the same level of dancing, which is: “so we know you can’t dance and have no style or rhythm show and the audience knows too.’

leo king

Posted at 8:38 PM on November 22, 2010

Brandy did not lose on DWTS….it was her big mouthed,
monsterously egoed partner who cost her the competition …pity!

adam

Posted at 10:50 PM on November 23, 2010

You must mean Brandy’s partner (mouth) NOT Brandy. Brandy is graciful and respectible. It was already predetermined who would win….don’t you get it. Brandy had to be sacrificial lamb so fraudulent Bristol can stay in the competition. I don’t believe Bristol will win, they are just keeping her in the competition as a publicity stunt.

JoeBloww

Posted at 5:17 PM on November 22, 2010

The real reason why people are so pissed off at Bristol, is the fact that she should not have been on the show in the first place! She is not a star! My next door neighbor is a teen mom… what chances do you think she could have gotten on the show. DWTS did it for the controversy it would cause, and for the ratings.
They knew Sarah Palin would be on and in the audience etc. People are outraged that politics has invaded our favorite show. I say no more politicians, and their bad attitude non dancing kids on the show. And if you think that the right wing and T-party is not padding the votes… then I got a bridge I can sell you!

JT

Posted at 1:04 PM on November 22, 2010

Bristle shouldn’t even be there. She dances like a malfunctioning robot. What a joke! This year would have been extra exciting if Brandy and Jennifer would have be going against each other for the trophy. What a terrible and disappointing outcome!

msnetgate

Posted at 12:21 PM on November 22, 2010

Why don’t we wait and see how they dance first.

R. Peper

Posted at 5:56 PM on November 22, 2010

Bristol might have improved through the weeks but definately did not deserve to win over Brandy!! I get the distinct feeling your viewers are voting more for politics rather than who truly deserves the prize. What a disappointing outcome for the season.

Annesah Bullock

Posted at 9:08 PM on November 22, 2010

We already know how Bristol dance , terribly. Anyone with eyes can see that, and that is who we are talking about, so what are you talking about; wait and see, wait and see what?

Annesah Bullock

Posted at 9:12 PM on November 22, 2010

She needed to stay in that cage

Gina Nicoleti

Posted at 9:24 PM on November 22, 2010

Lol… for Pete’s sake, relax. Your deep rooted racist issues are showing.

adam

Posted at 10:51 PM on November 23, 2010

I’m a choreopher and I’ve seen enough embarassment for all professional dancers.

adam

Posted at 10:54 PM on November 23, 2010

I’m so mad at that Bristol I misspelled the word Choregrapher….watching that fool Bristol come in 3rd place…thank the stars or I would have thrown my TV out the window and start a riot here in Alaska.