Tiger Woods Talks About His Affairs: 'I Can Never Truly Repair The Damage I’ve Done!'

Wed, November 17, 2010 11:08am EDT by 7 Comments
Getty Images, Inset: Fame Pictures

Getty Images, Inset: Fame Pictures

The golfer apologizes for the pain he has caused his family in an article he wrote for ‘Newsweek’ — should he be forgiven?

Tiger Woods is finally addressing his numerous affairs and infidelity in an article he has written for Newsweek and apologizing for the horrible times he has put his family through over this past year. Tiger writes, “I can never truly repair the damage I’ve done, especially to my family. But I can keep trying.”

The golfer also notes, “Giving my son, Charlie, a bath, for example, beats chipping another bucket of balls. Making mac and cheese for him and his sister, Sam, is better than dining in any restaurant. Sharing a laugh watching cartoons or reading a book beats channel-surfing alone. Some nights now, it’s just me and the kids, an experience that’s both trying and rewarding.”

Tiger and former wife Elin Nordegren divorced earlier this year, with Tiger paying her an estimated $110 million. Elin is now auctioning off the $2.5 million worth of jewelry Tiger gifted her during their relationship.

Tiger ultimately notes, “The physical pain from that car accident has long healed. But the pain in my soul is more complex and unsettling; it has been far more difficult to ease—and to understand. But this much is obvious now: my life was out of balance, and my priorities were out of order. I made terrible choices and repeated mistakes. I hurt the people whom I loved the most.”

What do you think about Tiger’s emotional article? Do you forgive him?

Tiger Wood’s Ex-Wife, Elin, Wants To Have More Kids — But Not With Him!

Rachel Uchitel Has Tiger On The Floor Of Her Apartment!

super games

Posted at 3:33 AM on June 12, 2012

Somebody essentially help to make seriously posts I might state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I amazed with the research you made to make this particular submit incredible. Magnificent task!

marie

Posted at 10:03 AM on November 18, 2010

I also lost respect for him long ago. He was not honest and dont believe he’s changed…only his PR tacticts. Im sure his team also keeps a much stronger eye on preventing anyone from leaking information in the future with iron clad non-disclousre agreements before any woman or person gets near him. I feel for the kids who didnt ask for this and are caught in the middle.

lou

Posted at 3:33 AM on November 18, 2010

I lost respect for Tiger Woods. He needs to do more then a PR statement to earn peoples respect back.

cara

Posted at 9:14 PM on November 17, 2010

PR. SEriously, what a load of garbage. Straight PR, this guy is like a machine, he’s not even human.

harold

Posted at 5:01 PM on November 17, 2010

Carmen,
Tiger is no longer married and it is time for you to move on. He is rebuilding his life and why don’t you do the same.
You are delusional.

Carmen

Posted at 8:17 PM on November 20, 2010

Harold, why are you so angry at me for telling what is true!!!You are the one who is delusional, fanatic, dumb. blind and deaf to understand that Tiger will have to pay for all he did because no one can escape KARMA!!!

Carmen

Posted at 12:44 PM on November 17, 2010

Tiger Woods had his opportunity and he misused it in a very big way! Tiger destroyed his marriage, the family unit, his brand, the trust of the public and everything he worked hard to acheived for something totally worthless!!! Everyone now knows who and what Tiger is and what he has done!!! Tiger tarnished his reputation and his name will be forever linked to one of the biggest sex scandal in the history of sports!!! I hope that Tiger can amend his life and live it constructively so he don’t bring any more shame and hurt to his innocent children!!!