Bonnie Says: Sarah Palin Told Us She Loves “Being Free” In Alaska But Her First Episode Adventures Cost $12,250!

Mon, November 15, 2010 5:29pm EST by 66 Comments

Courtesy of TLC

Sarah you’ve got gumption to climb Mt. McKinley, but you’ve also got a loaded pocketbook!

Listen, I loved watching your new show, Sarah Palin’s Alaska, and my nine-year-old, Sasha was mesmerized too BUT you described your family as “normal, average Americans” and THAT is NOT reality.

When you and husband Todd took your daughter Piper and a niece on a salmon fishing expedition, you all boarded a private bush plane to fly into a wilderness lake, and you said repeatedly that Alaskans use planes to get around, as if it’s an everyday thing.

I was buying that explanation until I found out that your family fishing trip cost  at least $1000 per person, according to Brad (wouldn’t give me last name) from Alaska’s Boardwalk Lodge Adventure Tours, which provides flying and guiding fishing trips into the area that Sarah took her family.

Then, there’s Sarah and Todd’s mountain climbing expedition to Mt. McKinley. Sarah enthusiastically announced that the family would pile into the family RV — something “very popular” in Alaska — but the RV turned out to be a full motor coach. The cost on that is $975, for a one -way trip plus $150 for fuel, according to Alaska Transportation, a local company.

As for the guided climbing, which included another private air flight up to Ruth Glacier on Mt. McKinley — that invigorating outdoor activity — which also scared the bejeezus out of Sarah — would have cost the Palins $1000 each, according to Mark Gunlogson, President of Mountain Madness climbing which leads guided tours up McKinley.

So Sarah — the “epic landscape,” was epic as you described. your wardrobe of bright pink and green fleeces, was adorable and relateable. You talked a good we’re a “down home” family game, but your adventures are anything but down home for the average American family. Not every Alaskan family or for that sake American family can foot a $12,250 bill, for two days of adventures in the great outdoors.

Sarah, no matter how much you protest that you are misperceived, YOU need to face reality, you are not “normal,” nor “average” but you ARE entertaining! And this series is no doubt the BIGGEST privately-funded 21012 Presidential campaign TV add ever! Congrats on that too! I’m sure it will work.

–Bonnie Fuller

Bailey

Posted at 11:05 PM on November 16, 2010

Yeah every average working family with 5 kids can afford this kind of adventure every week…get real Sarah!!!!

oh lordy

Posted at 9:33 PM on November 16, 2010

“Listen, I loved watching your new show”

hahahahaha i doubt she will be “listening” or reading this. i love how you always address your victims in your rants, at least youre making it really personal.
are you aware that your “articles” make you look like a cyber bully?
what more could one ask of an “editor”? [where is the eye rolling smiley when you need it?]

Allie

Posted at 7:52 PM on November 16, 2010

I loved the opportunity to get to see the Palin family without the MEDIA. They were and STILL ARE talking bad about this family. Guest was right, we don’t hear anything negative from the MEDIA when Mrs. Obama and girls travel.
Or when Nancy Pelosi travels with her family on our dime all the time!!

Erica

Posted at 12:58 PM on November 16, 2010

Well, I live in Alaska and have done these activities all my life. Yes, They went the expensive route, but these are extremely common activities for people who enjoy the outdoors. My family lives on a teacher’s salary.

LoanstarATX

Posted at 11:41 AM on November 16, 2010

Many thanks to Sarah Palin for sharing her perspective of the most fascinating state in the US. Who could have a broader knowledge of AK than its former Governor who is at home in the outdoors. And how much better perspective could the viewer receive than to see a family involvement while they are enjoying it.

Many thanks to the liberals and their comments. We didn’t learn much about Sarah or Alaska from them, but we sure learned enough about liberals.

guest

Posted at 10:46 AM on November 16, 2010

Did we see a similar article when Michelle Obama, her daughters and friends went to Spain on THE TAX PAYERS DIME!!! Nope!!

vlb

Posted at 7:20 PM on November 16, 2010

Was that a reality TV show. No, of course not,.

KMT

Posted at 10:15 AM on November 16, 2010

Don’t Buy The Tea you will become a dumb conservative

Chris

Posted at 9:51 AM on November 16, 2010

If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn’t buy one.
If a liberal doesn’t like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn’t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don’t like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it’s a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative reads this, he’ll forward it so his friends to they can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he’s “offended.”

Hank Hollman

Posted at 10:16 AM on November 16, 2010

AMEN brother – this post is 100% ACCURATE. It’s time to take America back from the nonsense of the mooch’s!

Allie

Posted at 10:18 PM on November 17, 2010

That is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Posted at 9:47 AM on November 16, 2010

How stupid are you? My vacation to the Caribbean is $8000 for me and my wife. Who cares. You need to get a life. Dont look at the splinter in someones eye when you have a log hanging out of yours. You want to see pictures?

Ron

Posted at 10:16 AM on November 16, 2010

Right on, what a Ditz tis Bonnie thing is.

sparrow

Posted at 10:51 AM on November 16, 2010

I agree, I know of a friend that paid $7000 for a week at Disney World for 3 people. Sarah’s $12,500 is a good deal for her family. The writer of the article must be a liberal and needs to find fault in something!

Lorree

Posted at 9:19 AM on November 16, 2010

TC,
Just in case you have forgotten, most EVERYONE in the US complains about the Obama’s outings because we are footing the bill on their travels. What does that have to do with any of this anyway? Merely foolish and besides, I don’t think that I would be bringing up O’s name at this time, he is not doing very well!

Excellent points you both made Rick and Samantha, much more so than anything Bonnie writes! I loved the show as did millions of people….take it for what it is people, a tv show…jeez!!

TC

Posted at 9:06 AM on November 16, 2010

Your hypocrisy is so transparent!! Have you complained about the cost of the Obama’s outings? Hmmmm?

gene

Posted at 8:49 AM on November 16, 2010

Bonnie, Sara has a far more interesting job then you! She is self employed and striking it rich! The american dream. YOU JUST A LITTLE JEALOUS MAYBE? Gene.

John

Posted at 8:23 AM on November 16, 2010

The purpose of the trips is to promote Alaskan tourism; Palin is very upfront about this. Going to have to try a little bit harder to put a liberal spin on this one, Bonnie, but I’m confident you will make something up.

jp

Posted at 4:50 AM on November 16, 2010

You sound so stupid hatin’ on the business that pays YOU!

Jim Kidd

Posted at 4:30 AM on November 16, 2010

Jim Says…
Bonnie needs to worry more about her life and less about Sarah Palin’s…The fact is she can afford to pay what ever it costs her to do things with her husband and family like fishing and mountain climbing. Even assuming your figures are correct did she take the money from you? I doubt it, I bet she earned it just like all the rest of us. My advice to you Ms. Bonnie is stick with stalking the Kardashians and leave the Palins alone.

U.R. Pathetic

Posted at 4:06 AM on November 16, 2010

Bonnie Fuller. What a piece of work. You liberal women will eat your young if they don’t think like you.

Jim

Posted at 3:49 AM on November 16, 2010

Libs…you guys are too much!

Bluus

Posted at 3:08 AM on November 16, 2010

That headline image is photoshopped to hell and back and is so fake looking that it annoys the crap out of me. The lighting is so off!

Who the hell wants to watch Sarah Palin do anything anyway? I’d rather watch a REAL nature documentary. That said, what does it matter how much she spends on anything ever? If she has the money then she should spend it! And at least she’s doing stuff with her family. I may not like her but I can’t fault her for that, just for this show that shouldn’t exist.

I have no desire to watch anyone in politics do random crap, I get enough of that on the news.

gene

Posted at 8:41 AM on November 16, 2010

Did your mouth fall open, and all those word’s just fall out, or did you say all that stupid crap on purpose? And FYI lot’s of people enjoyed the show!

Bonnie Fuller

Posted at 10:18 AM on November 16, 2010

Geez Gene, you don’t have to be rude just because you disagree with me. BUT, I did like the show- I said that and I don’t dislike Sarah Palin. But like lots of celebs, Sarah is reaping the benefits of fame- she has a tv show, she had a hugely successful book – but she does need to accept that there are downsides, like having reporters be interested in you.
My main point however, was simply that she’s not average and with today’s tough economy most average families can’t afford $12,000 for 2 afternoon outings. It’s great tv but it’s not average. That’s all I was pointing out. Reality shows are not reality. And I do think this is terrific publicity for Sarah.

Mike Hunt

Posted at 12:59 AM on November 16, 2010

Bonnie, You are a liberal fool!
Mike

Rick

Posted at 12:02 AM on November 16, 2010

Can I ask you people one thing ? Why are you worried about what it cost to see a part of OUR country , that without this show you would never see ?? And then ask yourself – what did it cost me to see this , then make your comments.
The way I see it , if your sitting in your big warm house, in front of your big screen tv ,and complaining about what your watching and what they spent to show it to you ,you need to get in touch with life. Do you complain that people next to you on the freeway driving to work are driving a Caddy , or a Benz , and your not ?? No your just complaining that you watched a tv show and saw a part of this great country we live in , and did so on your tv . That is whats wrong with this country , to much complaining , and not enough going out and doing .

Samantha

Posted at 11:20 PM on November 15, 2010

Um let me fill you in on something…come closer. OK, being free is not FREE baby! I thought we learned that a long time ago. Of course I am free to do anything, work anywhere, fail miserably, or make millions. I would love to be free of closer neighbors, thus I need to make more money. Free is relative.
Next subject, I am from Alaska, and what costs lower 48’ers to fish does not cost the regular Alaskan. I fished at Homer and flew to Seldovia all for a few hundred dollars. I also have taken the train to Denali and took a flight back all for a few hundred dollars. Not the thousands that you are saying.
Third, why don’t you go attack other reality stars like the Kardasians for putting fake gonads on the dog after the neuter. How about botox on a young woman just for fun? I could go on. It’s all entertaining right? Why is Sara always attacked for spending money on being with her husband and kids?! You are a bit see thru its scary.

Rick

Posted at 12:08 AM on November 16, 2010

Amen to that Samantha

Danerno1

Posted at 12:03 PM on November 16, 2010

Right on Sam!!!! You are correct in everything you said. When Sara spends her own money, or a TV company spends their money on her, the panicked liberal/socialists try to defame and deface her. But when the Marxist/Muslim in the White House spends $200,000,000+ of our taxpayer money dragging 3000 people on a trip to India, it’s all okay. What filthy hypocrites!!! Like you, I too am from Alaska. I went halibut fishing out of Seldovia many times. Once I flew Raven Air out of Anchorage directly to the gravel strip in Seldovia. Not very expensive to go that way. But for even less money, we usually drove around Turnagain Arm to the Homer Spit and took the hydrofoil boat across part of Katchemak Bay. Super fun and inexpensive. We either stayed at Annie MacKenzies Boardwalk Hotel, or at the skipper’s own bed-and-breakfast. You stirred some great memories in me Samantha. God bless you.

vlb

Posted at 7:27 PM on November 16, 2010

ah, that $200,000.00 your are referring to was not American dollars. It is
the amount in whatever money India uses but was picked up without
fact check by media. All media made the corrected except FoxNews,they
dropped it but did not correct it. The actual cost was no where even near
that. Google is a friend to those who actually want facts.

Mark

Posted at 10:52 PM on November 15, 2010

You can’t be down home and have money at the same time? You have created a false dichotomy.

Bill Walt

Posted at 10:18 PM on November 15, 2010

Holy crap. Your grammar and spelling is horrible, you shouldn’t blog. Let me help you…

“Sarah, no matter how much you protest that you are misperceived, YOU need to face reality, you are not “normal,” or “average” but you ARE entertaining! And this series is no doubt the BIGGEST privately-funded 21012 Presidential campaign TV add ever! Congrats on that too!”

Sarah, no matter how much you protest that you are misperceived YOU need to face reality — you are not “normal” nor “average” but you ARE entertaining! And this series is no doubt the BIGGEST privately-funded 2012 Presidential campaign TV ad ever! Congrats on that too!

val

Posted at 10:30 PM on November 15, 2010

I know, she’s a HORRIBLE speller and even worse at grammar.

Jim Lozanovski

Posted at 7:53 AM on November 16, 2010

She hates Sarah Palin, that is all I can tell & fully agree with: U.R. Pathetic.
She intentionally misspelled 2012 and for that; God help S. Palin run and win, for hers & our sake.

Stephanie

Posted at 6:47 PM on November 15, 2010

I bet it is truly upsetting to you and all of the liberals,progressives,socialists or whatever you are calling yourself these days that her show was successful. I find all of the Sarah Palin bashing ridiculous……If the show was hosted by Pelosi,Clinton or Boxer you would be dubbing it as innovative, informative and a must see show.
I am so sick and tired of conservative accomplished women such as Carla Fiorina,Meg Whitman,Condaleeza Rice getting marginalized by supposed women’s groups such as NOW and women journalists of the the lame stream and entertainment media. How predictable. You and your minions are truly very shallow people!!!!!

vlb

Posted at 7:36 PM on November 16, 2010

Carla and Meg both lost, the majority did not want them. Carla made her company bankrupt so they got rid of her. Meg made money off of firing people. Sarah quit the job she voted in to do. Why is it we should admire them? Because they have a R after their names? No. Ms Rice is the one to admire of those named.

Glenda

Posted at 6:12 PM on November 15, 2010

Her show is as real as Kate Gosselins show. No way anyone could afford Kate and her kids trips either but yet we’re led to believe we can! Same thing

Ralphd

Posted at 11:30 AM on November 16, 2010

Only absolute Morons would approach a mother Grizzly and her cubs. I don’t know who the guide was the Sarah put her children at Risk of being mauled. When you shoot Wolves from a Helicopter you don’t have those risk.. She needs to stick to shooting ma ma Wolves leaving the cubs in the Den to Starve.
Also you can look at the worst dancer on dancing with the Stars staying on each week because of mindless people voting for the Name the the Game..

Danerno1

Posted at 12:42 PM on November 16, 2010

Ralphd. It’s so sad and frightening to think that you may be old enough to vote. We can thank your kind for the “Change” to Marxism. I am from Alaska too. I have fished from a boat in close proximity to bears. It’s inevitable. Like Sara’s guide did, we stayed in deep water with the boat engine idling. We could have easily sped away before a bear could swim the hundred feet or so to get to us. Even though bears rarely show an interest in humans, they know they can’t cross deep water at any speed and attack a boat full of people. Even a mama bear with cubs. Her instinct is to keep her cubs close to her and strike out at a perceived danger when it’s within reach, as the bear did near when another bear came close to the mama bear’s cubs. True morons are vile, jealous people like you who make comments on things they know absolutely nothing about. Oh, and wolves aren’t shot at in the springtime. Wolf hunters WANT the pelts for coats and take care not to shoot Alfa females when they are suckling their young. Wolves are an integral and important part of the Alaska wilderness to cull sick prey and provide the warm clothing needed by Alaska’s indigenous people who don’t live on the coast where seals and walrus are available.

Robert

Posted at 10:16 PM on November 16, 2010

WOW! What a bunch of idiots. Obama is a muslim? I am not a liberal and will NEVER make the repulican party look so moronic. PLEASE don’t say you are republicans. The comments posted are too STUPID! I am just appalled.
I know that my party will NEVER endorse Palin. She almost killed the republican party and needs to GO AWAY.

Sarah Palin and her followers need to move to a different country. I rather deal with democrats.