'Bachelorette' Star Julien Hug's Suicide Note Released, Says Life Was 'Not Enjoyable.'

Sat, November 13, 2010 10:44am EDT by 11 Comments

julien hug, julien hug suicide note, the bachelorette

The handwritten note explains his reasons for his actions while also apologizing for the hurt he has caused his parents.

The suicide note of former Bachelorette contestant Julien Hug was read at his funeral Nov. 12 and detailed the extreme pain the 35-year-old was feeling. Radar Online reports that the handwritten note, left for his parents Denise and Bertrand, read, “I’ve suffered from severe depression for years. I feel awful and don’t know how to cope. If life’s not enjoyable, why stick around?”

The restaurateur also apologized to his parents for his actions saying, “This will hurt you. I’m sorry to have to do this to you. I love you both tremendously. You two are the best parents. You both are 99.999999999 better than most. You guys did it right.”

Julien’s body was found Nov. 3 off the highway in Riverseide County, about 90 miles east of Los Angeles. His full note is below.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I’m sorry to do this. I feel terribly about the grief I’ve caused. The phantom stomach aches that I have hurts me tremendously. I’ve suffered from severe depression for years. I feel awful and don’t know how to cope. If life’s not enjoyable, why stick around? This will hurt you. I’m sorry to have to do this to you. I love you both tremendously. You two are the best parents. You both are 99.999999999 better than most. You guys did it right.

I am so sorry to do this to you. I feel only love for you mom and dad. But I’m terribly sad everyday. I hurt. People will think I took the easy way out. I say I took the smart way out.

Tell everyone I love them. Make sure everyone knows that I just want to be in peace. I love everyone. I’m so sorry to have to do this.

It’s the only way I know how.

Julien.

JJJ3

Posted at 5:56 PM on November 14, 2010

I’m so glad you guys are profiting from a dead man’s suicide note!!
How awesome for Hollywoodlife.com for this guy to die so that you could get a new article to post for your vapid soulless readers!!

Here’s to hoping more pseudo-celebs kill themselves and leave notes meant for their friends and family for you to post to the world without any consideration for other human beings!

I’m sure you have no problem looking at yourself in the mirror in the mornings, I mean, you would have to have a soul to feel bad for what you guys do for a living, and we all know you all have none!!! Woo hoo celeb gossip rules!!

Don Ameche

Posted at 10:54 AM on December 11, 2010

Why are u wasting your time reading this stuff………
You are as bad as or worse since this exists because morons like you actually waste their time reading this bunk…………

John

Posted at 11:37 AM on December 12, 2010

Don Ameche….why are you criticizing her/him for voicing their opinion? In case you havent noticed, you’re here too doing the exact same thing, so STFU and leave people alone.

saftgek

Posted at 11:52 AM on November 14, 2010

This is an excellent example of how so-called “reality TV” is destroying our society! All of the trashy programming (Bachelorette, Survivor, So You Think You Can Dance, ad nauseum) draws only the grossly dysfunctional “performers” and viewers. No right-thinking, adjusted person would have anything to do with such tripe.

The individual in question, by his own admission, took neither the “easy” way nor the “smart” way “out.” He took the cowardly way out – totally selfish and self-absorbed. This is true, of course – validated by the very fact he participated in arguably one of the silliest and most mind-numbing programs in recent TV history.

Suicide is never the answer. It is a selfish act, sending a strong message to loved ones: “I don’t care about you or the impact my selfish act will cause – it’s all about me!” Because this young man was unwilling to focus on creating a solid, stable life, he deemed life to be “not enjoyable.”

Numerous public and private resources are available to those who are in need. Of course, it requires a partnership. Since mental health professionals are not mind-readers, one must reach out and ask for assistance. Sadly, the individual in question was so self-absorbed and narcissistic he was focused only on himself.

If only the entertainment pimps and who*es would take note of this tragedy, we could experience a sea change in broadcast media. Pitifully, that will not happen – because all those caught up in the trash that is “reality TV” make it all about them, respectively!

RIP

Posted at 8:32 AM on November 14, 2010

RIP Julien,

I came from there and I know what it is.

RIP

Rommel

Posted at 9:31 PM on November 13, 2010

Depression is an amazingly cunning and baffling disease which in the END hurts an entire family and community! The Brain is complex that the slightest short circuit or misfire and thought process is still not understood today by the smartest minds in the world. Suicide is the ultimate and most prolific way of the chemical imbalance in some brains of ending the endless pain and suffering in some wonderful people young or old! I hope some day their is a cure or remedy to save these victims of Depression that kills, it is a DISEASE as serious as cancer.

Selene

Posted at 9:07 PM on November 13, 2010

I can sympathize with him. He was old enough to make his decision and understand the consequences. Some people out there will understand, many will not.

stevie

Posted at 7:48 PM on November 13, 2010

I just don’t understand the mindset of people like him. Young, famous, handsome–the world was his oyster.

stacie

Posted at 10:58 AM on November 14, 2010

that has nothing to do with it. you can have everything you ever wanted, great kids, spouse, family. but the pain of depression gets so bad you just want it to stop. and if you cant get medical help, you have to do it yourself. rip

Samantha

Posted at 11:58 AM on November 14, 2010

@ Stevie-please understand that the superficial virtues you’ve mentioned have *nothing* to do with depression. It is, as Rommel has stated, a serious illness. Someday, I hope that society will understand that a brain disease does not respond to money, fame, social status. . .. It’s like telling someone they can’t possible be dying of cancer because they’re attractive or wealthy.
There really is no one to blame here. I’m sad for this young man that the only way he saw was out. It can get that bad. I hope he is at peace now.
Perhaps this is the time that we can wonder why science has come so far in some areas, but where mental illness is concerned-we are stuck in a bygone era.

JJJ3

Posted at 5:58 PM on November 14, 2010

He reads Hollywoodlife.com, he obviously only places importance on those superficial things.
All of you people need to get a life and stop being so interested in celebrities.