Taylor Momsen Blames Her Parents For Miserable Childhood & Says She Was Forced To Work — Do You Agree?

Sat, November 13, 2010 12:06pm EDT by 12 Comments

She may seem angry and angst ridden all the time, but Taylor has a good excuse — her parents made her start working at 2-years-old!

Most 17-year-old girls have a part time job at a restaurant or maybe a local store, but Taylor Momsen is the star of the hugely popular Gossip Girl and lead singer for The Pretty Reckless — and she’s been at it for 15 years! Taylor told the December issue of Revolver, “”Everyone’s like, ‘Wow, why is she upset, and why is she so miserable about things?’ … My parents signed me up with Ford [Modeling Agency] at the age of 2. No 2-year-old wants to be working, but I had no choice.” She makes a good point!

Taylor goes on to say, “”My whole life, I was in and out of school … I didn’t have friends. I was working constantly and I didn’t have a real life.”

Many teen stars come to their parents defense when questioned over their motives, but not Taylor! No matter how angry and miserable she may seem though, there is no doubt this is one incredibly hard working young woman!

What do you think about Taylor’s comments? Are you glad a teen star finally placed some blame on their parents?

jerseygirldv

Posted at 11:34 AM on November 15, 2010

Boo fricken hoo! Blame your parents for setting you up with the amazing acting/singing career you have now. Your an idiot! You should be working a 9-5 in this drab economy like me and you’d really be miserable you spoiled brat! You should be kissing your parents A$$es!

iTellItLikeItIs

Posted at 1:40 AM on November 15, 2010

yeah Taylor, blame your parents for giving u the chance of a life time while other kids would kill to be where u are in the acting business. And I thought u said u were grateful of ur job? Bitch please! Cry me a river

NoName

Posted at 9:35 PM on November 14, 2010

I have to question any parent who makes money off their children. We work the majority of our lives. Give kids some time to experience a normal secure and worry free childhood if at all possible.

Yvonne Taylor

Posted at 3:57 PM on November 26, 2010

They did not make money off Taylor! Her father is a successful businessman in his own right and was very protective of Taylor’s money.

Antoinette

Posted at 6:15 PM on November 16, 2013

Money was not the issue…Children have the right to a carefree childhood, it doesn’t last long

just my opinion

Posted at 4:25 PM on November 14, 2010

Well Duh! This girl is waaaay to young to have gotten as messed up as she is all by her self.if she was like 25…then it would be like, yeah yeah, you hate your parents, grow up and move on. But she is still a kid. And her PARENTS she still be looking out for her best interest..which, clearly just by the sight of her in this picture, they are not.

just my opinion

Posted at 4:26 PM on November 14, 2010

sorry, thats *should* be looking out for her best interest. my bad.

Janie

Posted at 8:26 PM on November 13, 2010

if she’s so miserable then why doesn’t she quit and have her normal life? she’s at an age now to decided for herself.

iTellItLikeItIs

Posted at 1:53 AM on November 15, 2010

MTE

Cynthia

Posted at 4:07 PM on November 13, 2010

I’m glad Taylor vented why she’s the way she is…Has anybody ever seen her Shake and Bake commercial, she was 2 or 3 years old!! She looks sooo adorable!!

bangee

Posted at 1:25 PM on November 13, 2010

I want to thank he parents for turning her into a hot mess of a dirty looking teenage slut so i have something to masturbate about. ooh it’s good to be fifty.

Gggggg