Decoding Taylor Swift! Does She Want Taylor Lautner Back?

Thu, November 11, 2010 5:35pm EDT by 24 Comments

Getty Images (2)

Judging from her new song “Back to December” (plus her recent interviews), we think the answer is yes!

If we loved again I swear I’d love you right. Those are a sampling of lyrics from Taylor Swift’s single, “Back to December,” the apology song she wrote for ex-love Taylor Lautner. And after her emotional CMA performance, we can’t help but wonder if Swifty is thinking of rekindling the flame with the Twilight hunk!

The 20-year-old country star has never been coy about who has hurt her and what the meanings are behind her songs — and she’s been less than subtle about the inspiration behind “Back to December.” The lines “your tan skin” and “your sweet smile” point right to Lautner. And if that’s not enough, the secret message in her album booklet spelling out “TAY” is more than enough proof.

Plus, her choice to perform the song publicly at the awards, especially with the lyrics’ regretful undertones, lead us to believe she might want to give Taylor Squared another go. Sure, she’s with a new hunk and he’s been linked with his co-star, Lily Collin — but when describing the meaning behind “Back to December” in an interview with E!, our favorite blonde record-breaker said this:

“’Back to December’ is a song that addresses a first for me, in that I’ve never apologized to someone in a song before. This is about a person who was incredible to me, just perfect to me in a relationship, and I was really careless with him. So this is a song full of words that I would say to him.”

If you loved him so much and you were so sorry to see him go, why not give it another go, Swifty? You said you’d go back to December to “turn around and make it all right.” Maybe it’s time to do that!

–Jenna Mullins

mizzy

Posted at 5:09 AM on August 9, 2014

they shd get back together…

MR'S LAUTNER

Posted at 2:38 AM on April 21, 2013

I don’t think they should get back together cuz taylor swift would ditch him again.So it’s better for lautner to date somone like me.And we will look really awesome together.Love u lautner

taylor swift hater girl

Posted at 1:46 PM on June 30, 2013

you are crazy

Happilyeverafter

Posted at 7:06 PM on January 31, 2013

Time goes slow erasing you….all of Swifts problems stem from the fact that this relationship never had a chance to grow. It was sabatoged by an older Lothario and then timing has been off. Now is the right time to see if it really was a true love. Swift says kiss was life-changing, her crush will always be him and every picture of them together shows joy and lautner’s intense feelings. Their friends really need to help them make it happen, everybody loved them together! Besides Flynn Rider has been climbing Rapunzel’s tower long enough, she needs to learn to trust in his love.

caligirl2017

Posted at 3:14 PM on August 23, 2012

first 2012 person!!

Jessica

Posted at 6:32 PM on November 23, 2011

your dont know what you got til its gone!! :(

April

Posted at 2:41 PM on June 3, 2011

ewww taylor hurt him so i do not think they should be together plus taylor swift can not sing!!!

FANS

Posted at 8:07 AM on July 6, 2011

She’s can’t sing?? if she can’t sing she will never got many awards!!

taylor swift hater girl

Posted at 1:48 PM on June 30, 2013

she can sing she sounds beautiful but she is ugly and has a hideous personality

Randomz

Posted at 3:18 PM on March 30, 2011

After a whole year of snubbing and akward moments I doubt Lautner will go back to Swift. I love Swift Im a huge fan but I’m one of Lautner too. Lautner isn’t the type that waits around on someone after breaking his heart. Don’t worry crazy fan girls there’s a 12% chance that he would take her back. Infact they had no chemistry whatsoever, they just didn’t match. And if the post about Taylor Lautner having 13 letters and that’s why Swift went to him is true, then I worry about her. She has to start making her own destiny and not end up with co-stars, 13 related letter count in names and if they have a HOT CAR.

April

Posted at 2:43 PM on June 3, 2011

that is so true plus taylor can not keep one bf!! :P

candace

Posted at 8:45 PM on March 23, 2011

I think Taylor Swift did not see him as her type in the beginning.

angel

Posted at 8:46 AM on November 20, 2010

I think they should totally get back to back together. They made a great couple and I could tell that taylor lautner was always happy when he was with her. In all of the pictures he was smiling.I was routing for them. I love love taylor swift and I love love taylor lautner. I think she wants to rekindle the flame. Why else would she get emotional while singing at the cma’s

sibel

Posted at 9:06 AM on November 17, 2010

worthy of me taylor lautner

bubbles

Posted at 9:51 AM on November 13, 2010

Maybe i am just an old romantic, but I sense in my spirit that lautner and swift are still in love with each other and both are on the rebound. My fear is Swift could hurt lautner again if they get back together at this time. I think they both need some space. However, i find it interesting that Swifts favorite number is 13 and of all the guys she has dated including Jake, currently, only Taylor Lautner (s) name has 13 letters–do the math–go figure. I think they will love again.

YASHMA NAUFAL

Posted at 9:13 AM on November 12, 2010

I hate taylor swift!but i lovvvvvvvvvvvvve taylor lautner he is soooooo……. dreamy,cute,gorgeous and everything else!!both of the taylors shud NOT get back 2gether!!!!!

cryolite201

Posted at 4:32 AM on April 15, 2011

crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy u !

danile

Posted at 8:01 PM on November 11, 2010

unfortunately he will not return because he would want to go back to something that
only did it suffer!

yaz

Posted at 7:53 PM on November 11, 2010

i don’t think she wants him back…she wrote it because she felt bad for breaking up with him…an apology song, written very well…

meaghan

Posted at 12:58 PM on December 2, 2010

The song says ‘If we loved again I swear I’d love you right’. She does want him back. And to everyone who says she’s gonna hurt him again – don’t assume you know everything. Its their relationship, people should just leave them alone.

kellie

Posted at 7:27 PM on November 11, 2010

She’s asking for him back in front of the whole world. He should say no, she will hurt him again. He needs to date a nonfamous girl, just a normal girl who doesn’t care about the limelight

YASHMA NAUFAL

Posted at 9:17 AM on November 12, 2010

your sooo right!if lautner gets back with swift shez goin 2 hurt him again bsides who cares bout fame if he wantz to have a normal life(not gettin dumped by girls who just care bout fame!!)he shud totally date someone nt so FAMOUS!!!

sibel

Posted at 9:04 AM on November 17, 2010

If you ask me to each other uymuyorlar

Randomz

Posted at 3:19 PM on March 30, 2011

in other words he should date you? :L