Check out the six things you never knew about Glee‘s hottest addition — Kurt’s new mentor, Blaine!
Glee‘s newest cast member is no stranger to the show! Darren Criss, who plays Blaine, Kurt’s openly gay private school mentor, actually auditioned two and a half years ago for the Fox hit before it was even made. Finally, the 23-year-old actor got his break two episodes ago when Kurt considered transferring to an all-boys academy. Now we are just waiting to see if Blaine will be Kurt’s love interest!
Here are six things we didn’t know about Darren:
- He originally auditioned for the role of Finn.
- He graduated from the University of Michigan.
- He’s straight — though growing up, he was into girly things like musical theater.
- He is a San Francisco native.
- His YouTube videos “A Very Potter Musical” and “A Very Potter Sequel” have more than 25 million hits collectively!
- He went to an all-boys high school.
And here’s a Thursday bonus for you: He auditioned for Blaine with an a cappella version of “Baby One More Time.”
Check out Darren’s YouTube video!
A Very Potter Musical