Is Teen Mom Farrah Neglecting Her Baby Girl, Sophia?

Wed, November 10, 2010 12:19pm EDT by 10 Comments

Courtesy of FacebookFilthy clothes, dirty diapers and no crib? Is Farrah Abraham’s behavior putting her daughter, Sophia, at risk? Babysitters say yes!

Babysitters who have looked after Teen Mom‘s Farrah Abraham‘s little girl, Sophia, are claiming that she’s neglecting her daughter and threatening her well-being! “The first time I met Farrah, she showed me the diaper bag and went out the door,” one sitter tells Ok! magazine. Brittney Scheer, a licensed childcare provider who watched over 22-month-old Sophia for nine months, tells Ok! that “Farrah tended to leave Sophia with strangers a lot.” And what’s worse is that the sitters are claiming that Farrah neglects her child, forgetting to pick her up, and that there are dirty diapers sitting all over her house!

Sophia’s grandmother says Farrah doesn’t deserve the baby!

The state offers Farrah, 19, free childcare while she attends class and works at a restaurant, but Brittney says now the mom hardly sees her baby girl! “I’d have Sophia virtually all day, every day,” Brittney says. “Farrah left the baby with me to run errands and shoot MTV — and sometimes she’d forget to come get her.”

What’s worse is that Farrah is apparently raising her daughter in terrible living conditions. “I reported to the state that Sophia wore filthy clothes, and that when I’d visit her at home, there’d be dirty diapers everywhere and no crib,” Brittney, who quit because of her frustration with Farrah, says. “Whenever I addressed her parenting skills, she’d get mad and say she’s a great mom.”

Are Teen Mom’s Amber and Gary back together?

The babysitters are also worried that Sophia’s development has been affected by her mother’s behavior. “She wouldn’t play or engage with other kids,” Brittney explains. “She’d cry and hyperventilate if I put her down. She could stand, but she couldn’t walk. My own child is about the same age and he’s running around.” Another caregiver adds, “I haven’t heard her say one word!” Child psychologist Dr. Michelle Borba tells Ok! that Sophia’s developmental delays are “red flags” and that Farrah should “get the advice of a trained professional — ASAP.”

–Leigh Blickley

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

Mackenzie

Posted at 10:55 AM on July 27, 2011

Brittany Scheerer is simply using Farrah and Sophia’s name and in NO way babysits Sophia. This is a SCAM. And Stormie sees Sophia now so I doubt she would say that kind of thing. So this is extremely FALSE. Brittany just wanted to get a little $$ from the tabloids.

amber

Posted at 1:42 AM on July 27, 2011

wow I know farrah is by no means the best mother but she was a teen mom who had to give up a lot to become a mother. she could have easily given her daughter up for adoption or had an abortion But she chose to be a mom. Everyone at her age is going to make mistakes & maybe she makes more mistakes than some would at her age But some of the harsh things you people say about someone you don’t even know is horrible. This story could have been fabricated to look much worse than it actually is & yea maybe she has left her daughter unattended at times & made herself look bad for doing that But I do think she is trying her best & will become a better mother because of her mistakes. She will grow & learn so stop putting people down to be heard or feel like what you say matters. It’s her life let her live it. But the only thing I do agree with is maybe she could take better care of her child’s appearance because she does put a lot of time in her own.

kam

Posted at 1:44 AM on July 20, 2011

Take the pacifier out of that childs mouth once in a while. That child looks solemn and scared all the time. I wouldnt doubt that there is neglect.

Natalie

Posted at 12:10 PM on April 29, 2011

Lmao! Farrah is a nightmare! She Obviously got pregnant to be on the show! Her friends on FB have admitted that! She is Trash and No one likes her in her home towm! She will fail at everything she tries to accomplish bcuz God doesn’t like ugly! She is “supposedly” a church going person? Wth? Obviously Not! Derek is looking down on her watching Farrah keep Sophia away from his family bcuz she’s a disaster! She is using Sopia for everything! All she sees in Sophia is $$$$$. She’s a money hungry beeotcH!! Her mom abuses her! What a” loving” family…..Her mom Debra is an ugly alcoholic that thinks she’s Einstein. CPS should have taken Sophia away from those Freaks a long time ago. Farrah is a Fake! All she does is Lie Lie Lie! Everyone will soon see all of her true colors!!! h

leenellasmummy

Posted at 4:20 PM on December 14, 2010

she needs to focus more on sophia ive witnessed it by watching teen mom when shes left sophia on her own n when she walked out on sophia n left her in the bedroom on the bed n she fell off n she ain’t got enough paitence for her either i’m a mother of 2 n i had my first wen i just turned 18 n i knew you should never leave a young child unattened and also make sure that your home is clean and tidy its totally about commom sense x

;) Truth BlOwWs

Posted at 10:37 PM on November 24, 2010

WHAT I HATE IS PARENTS WHO TAKE MORE TIME ON THEM SELFS TO IMPRESS PEOPLE WHILE LEAVEING YOUR CHILD LOOKING A HOT MESS. . And i think she crys victim to much Ahh no one cares about me blah blah blah step it up your a mom ITS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU KNOW MORE… She has a pretty daughter she needs to try be nicer to her mom poor little lady and her dad you want respect but your not giving it to anyone…Silly girl . . then she expects the world to stop because she needs something done ;) HA grow up!!!!. . .she needs to take parenting classes. . ASAP ! ! !

Carol

Posted at 5:29 PM on November 10, 2010

Well, Brittaey maybe instead of blabbing to the tabloids you should be talking to the authorities?
Oh, wait Child Services won’t pay you for your story. I bet Bonnie does.

anilise

Posted at 5:20 PM on November 10, 2010

If you have seen the show than you know of how many horrible thing Farrah has done that has been caught on tape. That should be enough evidence.

guest

Posted at 11:53 AM on November 22, 2010

You are absolutely correct! Everyone focuses on Amber hitting Gary but Farrah has left Sophia in a kitchen sink (bath) unattended. Sophia turned on the hot water and burned herself. Farrah came over from across the room and turned the water off (she had a notebook in her hand) and then LEFT her there again. Then there’s the time Farrah left Sophia ALONE in the bedroom on top of the bed. Of course, Sophia fell off the bed! If I hear Farrah cry or whine one more !@#$ time about how hard her life is, I am going to break my computer! Farrah has a lot of growing up to do and without her daughter if necessary. (BTW,I am the mother of three- 19 yrs, 3 yrs, and 10 mos. so I know what I am talking about and I have been assited by CPS which saved both me and my oldest daughter.)

The one that knows

Posted at 1:01 AM on December 21, 2010

Those baby sitters and the other grand mom have never told the truth. They were friends working against Farrah and her Abraham and Danielson family that have from day one assisted Farrah and Sophia. The others “sold” their story for money without facts”……I know I was there when both Farrah and Sophia was born”……get the picture