KIRSTIN SAYS: 'DWTS' Has Turned Into 'Sophie's Choice!' Kurt Warner & Bristallion Are Neck And Neck, But I Don't Want ANYONE To Leave!

Mon, November 8, 2010 11:46pm EST by 9 Comments

Can we just keep every contestant on Dancing with the Stars? Seriously, the top three are obvious, but don’t make me choose between Bristol the Pistol and Kurt!

Dancing with the Stars has turned into my own personal Sophie’s Choice! After their incredible performances Nov. 8, Brandy, Jennifer Grey and Kyle Massey must make it to the top three. The other two, Bristol Palin and Kurt Warner, are equally painful dancers, but they’re each charismatic in their own ways — don’t make me choose!

Also, note to the producers: Keep the Instant Dance forever and always! Watching the contestants prep an entire number in 20 minutes was beyond entertaining! Whoever dreamed up that idea should get a raise…

• The judges said Jennifer Grey‘s rehearsed dance was “flawless” and “vintage Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers,” and I couldn’t agree more. However, I’m still sick to death of hearing about her injuries and low self-confidence. Listen, Jen: You’re good. You’re loved. Get over it!
  • Brandy has grown so much since this competition started two months ago. I’m amazed at her work now and so are the judges — they gave her 57/60, which made her tied for first place with the diva (see above). At the end of her second dance, I loved how her partner, Maksim, stood up to the judges in her honor!
  • Wild card alert: Kyle Massey is my pick to win the whole thing. I wouldn’t place bets on it happening, but if we lived in a perfect world where shopping sprees were given out like parking tickets and calories were actually air, Kyle would win this season. He has the most fun on stage and is a true entertainer. I wish he could have gotten 60/60 instead of 56/60!
  • Kurt “Ken Doll for Mature People” Warner‘s seven children are too cute for words! The segment where they came to judge him during rehearsal was my favorite. Although he resembled a clumsy dancing giant, Kurt’s second dance had me LOLZ-ing for days — his facial expressions were HUGE and he was trying so, so hard! Too bad his score didn’t reflect his lovable qualities — he got a 48/60.
  • Last, but certainly not least, we have “Bristol the Pistol” Palin (or Bristallion, as our readers have deemed her). Here is my ode: Oh, Bristol — I fear this is good bye, old friend. Your first dance was unmemorable (I can’t even remember what you did!) and your second performance was entertaining, but not in the right way. You shook your body in ways I never, ever expected. And although your shimmying has come a long way from Week 1, you’re just not cutting the mustard compared to your competition. Hopefully, your mom garners some votes for you this week. It was an excellent campaign strategy to include her in your segment! Well played, Bristallion!
  • Mark my words, Jamie Lee Curtis will be a contestant on DWTS Season 11! Did you see how much screen time she got tonight? She was in every audience shot, beaming from ear to ear. Seems like she’s really putting in the face time with ABC…
  • What did you guys think? Will the Republicans vote in full force again to keep Bristol on the show? Will NFL fans cast their votes to keep Kurt — or will a total wild card get the boot?

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Andy

Posted at 9:11 AM on November 9, 2010

I’m so dumbfounded that Kyle Massey is still in the competition. Granted, I haven’t watched at all this season… but when the cast was first announced he just seemed like that random former Disney Channel star who no one would vote for. I guess I was wrong.

Tamara

Posted at 2:00 PM on November 9, 2010

I kind of think you’re right, Andy. Not sure his demographics are the people voting…he might go home.

LittleMo

Posted at 7:59 AM on November 9, 2010

Rick and Audrina go home and Bristol stays? I never agreed with Maks about too much but his comment about how this season proves the judges are irrelevant and that needs to change is dead on right. Rick was wonderful but Bristol doesnt’ deserve to be there.

scarla

Posted at 10:04 AM on November 9, 2010

The judges keep giving Bristol inflated scores which does contribute to her hanging around. The Pailins are in the 24/7 gossip news cycle. The producers like that.

Tamara

Posted at 2:02 PM on November 9, 2010

Back to the demographics of this show…Audrina would have gotten the younger vote – but I don’t think younger people vote on DWTS, hence she’s out.

scarla

Posted at 7:59 AM on November 9, 2010

Good crit Kirsten….I’m mostly with you, but since Kurt and Bristol won’t be condemned to death, I’ll beg to differ on the “Sophie’s Choice” thing…..although I really can’t stand Maks and Brandy even though their waltz was all lovely and white, so maybe my “Sophie’s Choice” goes to them for their horrid personalities !

***** 5 Stars for Kyle and Lacey. You had to love Kyle for just flat out killing (in a good way) that Jerry Lee Lewis tune! He’s got my vote.
    **** 4 votes for Jennifer. She’s no doubt the best technically, but she’s certainly not channeling Patrick Swayzee with her age-neck-and-bad knee whining !

Bristol’s got to go….she can’t dance…she doesn’t feel the music…her walk during her tango should have been a walk to the exit.

LittleMo

Posted at 8:09 AM on November 9, 2010

Jennifer wasn’t my personal favorite this year (was rooting for Ric and Cheryl) but her neck issues are far more serious than whining. Jennifer has a titanium plate in her neck from a bad car accident in 1987. Then before this season started, she was having severe pain in her neck and went to see the same doctor Karina Smirnoff sees. That man found that the ligaments in her neck wer torn and even a MINOR FALL could paralyze her. To compound the issue, during that exam this doctor found a lump also in her neck that turned out to be cancerous. It was removed with no spread but Jennifer’s medical issues go far beyond “whining.”

scarla

Posted at 10:07 AM on November 9, 2010

I’m a big fan of “Dirty Dancing”…Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey and I was aware of her injuries. She doesn’t need the old and injured sympathy vote…get ‘back in the corner Baby’ if you can’t dance and quit your whining!

Tamara

Posted at 1:59 PM on November 9, 2010

Given Jen’s medical conditions, she should have backed out of even participating in DWTS.