Pop-singing sensation Sasha has been a huge hit in Russia since she was 18-years-old, and is now setting her sights on conquering the United States!
Sasha is not only a hit singer, but she’s also a model, a choreographer, and a TV and video producer. Her parents’ love of music was what inspired her to start singing, and her early influences included such stars as Michael Jackson and Madonna. She’s already released two albums, 11 music videos, and has starred in her own hit reality show called Girl Power on MTV Russia. She has been on the cover of magazines like Cosmopolitan, Vogue and even Playboy! Sasha has recently finished up recording of her first US album, and we’re sure that it will cause a stir! Here are six things you should know about Sasha while you wait to hear her music!
- She sold out arenas in Russia and Post Soviet Union prior to embarking on her US career.
- Her departure from Russia was turned into a reality series on MTV Russia, which highlighted her journey of leaving the country and putting together a sold-out stadium performance.
- She designs all her own stage costumes and dresses her musicians and dancers on her taste as well. “I also try to dress my management, but they reject.”
- She was born into a military family of professional pilots. Growing up, her parents brought her music from all over the world which she would later go on to use in her career as influences to revolutionize the music market place in Russia.
- She does head-stands before all recording sessions and performances.
- She was a professional figure skater growing up.