'Vampire Diaries' Casting News: Former 'One Tree Hill' Star Michaela McManus Is Heading To Mystic Falls!

Thu, November 4, 2010 6:25pm EDT by 6 Comments

Does Elena want to publish her diary? Is Damon about to be left at the altar? Find out what Tree Hill’s resident book editor/runaway bride is doing in Mystic Falls!

I always geek out when an actor from one of my favorite shows crosses over to another — so imagine the dopey grin on my face when I first read that One Tree Hill‘s Michaela McManus is joining the cast of The Vampire Diaries! Michaela’s character Jules will arrive in Mystic Falls in December, and according to the all-knowing Michael Ausiello (via Movieline), she’s out for blood. Mason Lockwood‘s blood specifically, as she’ll be playing a friend of the late werewolf (I’m still in mourning.)

I know I can’t be the only person excited about this. I’ve been a huge fan of Michaela’s ever since her days on Tree Hill, as her character, Lindsey, was the one person who said what everyone else was thinking — and that includes calling Peyton (Hilarie Burton) a bitch. Which she was.

Here’s hoping she doesn’t end up as vamp food!

— Andy Swift

Craving more Vampire Diaries? Click here to follow Andy on Twitter!

brenda

Posted at 5:50 PM on November 7, 2010

CANT WAIT 4 Michaela McManus 2b on vampire diaries I LOV HER I WAS A HUGE FAN ON ONE TREE HILL when she left i LEFT THE SHOW 2

lorna

Posted at 5:17 PM on November 5, 2010

well lucas was immature by dumping peyton when she wasn’t ready for an engagement. team peyton all the way. haley was a bitch to peyton in s5.

L

Posted at 4:45 PM on November 7, 2010

I agree on what you said about Peyton. She backstabbed her best friend, and puts her own problems before others all the time.

Patrick

Posted at 2:36 PM on November 5, 2010

Not excited at all, hated her since the day she arrived on One Tree Hill, plus- Peyton isn’t, or wasn’t a bitch, and I and many other people did not think that so… :/

Andy

Posted at 6:11 PM on November 10, 2010

Haha, hey, I love Peyton … but she was still super emo and she totally stole Lucas from Brooke.

…Just saying. haha

sana

Posted at 4:48 PM on November 21, 2010

The same! I’m so disappointed they’re bringing her to my favorite show!!