The next big thing in television, the U.S. Version of Simon Cowell’s X Factor, will be out in Fall 2011 and they’ve already landed the show’s first celeb, top choreographer, Brian Friedman!
Brian Friedman, 33, has been a dancer for quite some time. He got the dancing bug at the early age of 11 training under the guidance of Kenny Ortega and Twyla Tharp. His talents as a young dancer allowed him to work with the likes of Michael Jackson, Paula Abdul,Celine Dion, Melissa Etheridge, Salt N Pepa, and Patti LaBelle. He has also been credited in his choreography for films such as Charlie’s Angels and Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle. Now, thanks to Simon Cowell, he will be joining the U.S. Version of X Factor and we can’t wait!
Six things you never knew about Brian Friedman:
1. He has choreographed and directed many music videos and performances, such as Britney Spears‘ Toxic” and “I’m a Slave 4 U”, and *NSYNC‘s “Pop”.
2. Along with working on reality dance shows like Dancing With The Stars and So You think You Can Dance, he has been a important part on Simon Cowell’s other big hit show as a producer and creative director for America’s Got Talent.
3. He once appeared in the singing group, “Blessed With Soul,” along with the late Brittany Murphy — but decided a career in dance was the way to go. He obviously chose wisely!
4. He once co-owned his own dance studio with his mother called The Dance Source. But it closed in 2000 so he could focus on all of his other ventures in TV and dance.
5. Brian has been nominated for four MTV Video Music Awards, two Music Video Production Awards and five American Choreography Awards.
6. Brian lives in London and Los Angeles.
If Simon Cowell thinks Brian is awesome, how can we not agree? We can’t wait to see what he has in store for the US Version of X Factor when it debuts September 2011.