OMG! Selena Gomez Reportedly Put Out A Statement To Her Frenemy, Demi Lovato!

Thu, November 4, 2010 4:43pm EDT by 13 Comments
AP, Getty Images

AP, Getty Images

A recent quote making its way around the Internet has “Delena” fans going crazy — but we have to ask, is the statement REALLY from Selena?

Those who know their Disney gossip are well aware of the fact that former BFFs Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato have not been on the best of terms since their fallout. And while both girls have kept cordial when talking about each other, Selena may have broken the silence with an emotional statement about Demi’s recent decision to get help.

The quote supposedly made by Selena, 18, insists that she and Demi, 18, are still best friends. She even talks about recently visiting her troubled friend. The complete statement reads:

“Demi is my best friend and I don’t care what has happened recently in the past. I feel like a horrible friend for not being there for her or acting like I haven’t been there. I recently visited with her and I’m glad she is seeking help and I hope that it gets better for her. I knew this time was going to come, but I didn’t think it would happen this way. I love Demi with my heart and wish her the best of luck and I definitely am standing by her side no matter what happens.”

If this is a genuine quote from Selena and she did indeed visit her, we have to give props to her for coming to Demi’s side so quickly.

–Jenna Mullins & Kirstin Benson

MORE: Demi Lovato’s Victim Alex ‘Shorty’ Welch Speaks Out! 42 Pics!

Click Here: Sources Close To Demi Lovato Say She’s Had An Eating Disorder & Cutting Issues For A Long Time

amy

Posted at 5:53 PM on November 15, 2010

i support demi lovato one million percent. just like i do for nick jonas. but what happened to her at the airport. i understand her, i mean me and her have alot of common with each other and would love to be best friends with her. and i really hope that she’s does get better. and i totally hate ashley greene.

Kenzie

Posted at 5:32 PM on April 3, 2011

I think that it’s Joe’s fault, ultimately. I think he flaunts Ashley tons and was trying to make Demi jealous. I see where you’re coming from, so to an extent: I agree.

Lindsey/selena fan ever

Posted at 5:54 PM on November 13, 2010

GO DEMI AND SELENA!!! you haters are full of crap.

GraceBieber

Posted at 3:58 PM on March 6, 2011

stfu!

sierra

Posted at 3:24 PM on November 13, 2010

how would u guys know anything about whos friends and whos not /// miley could be there for her as much as possible but miley is going through things on her own and how would u guys no anyways wat r ya stalking them or soemhting… who cares this is all old news who cares who friends and whos not in holywood and it no one buisness

Kevin Samanta

Posted at 1:50 AM on November 8, 2010

Everyone in Hollywood needs to be put in rehab!

LA LA LAND

Posted at 12:17 AM on November 5, 2010

I put “no, it doesn’t sound like Selena” because she says “i knew this time was gonna come” harsh much? Idk…but I don’t really like Sel, but I’m sure she’s nicer than that. And she’s not that straight forward…she would usually say something like “Yes, she has always be one of my best friends, and I wish her the best.” Maybe it’s just me…

tei710111

Posted at 9:21 PM on November 4, 2010

i feel like both miley and selena are fighting for demi’s attention and frienship…..but i like demi and selena to bff again

I Support Demi

Posted at 8:22 PM on November 4, 2010

Totally doesn’t surprise me. Selena is possibly the classiest actress of her generation. I know she and Demi have had their problems, but there seems to be a deep bond between them that is much stronger than the B/S press lets on. For Selena NOT to show up would have been a surprise for me. I have never seen or heard of Selena having anything less than a heart of gold. That is why Selena is my favorite of them all. I KNEW she would come through to be there for her friend. Way to go Selenita! Get well soon Demi.

HeyHeyHeys

Posted at 8:18 PM on November 4, 2010

@mandy. stfu. miley stole selena’s bestie. and is miley doing ANYTHING about this incident right now? NO. so much for being besties.

kendyl

Posted at 12:34 AM on March 19, 2011

actually okay so Selena was totally ignoring Demi, whenever she had to choose between Taylor and Demi she would just choose Taylor and treat Demi like trash. Demi and Miley became closer after that. So no one stole anyone… technically. And what is Miley supposed to say? No ones directly asked her about it probably.

mandy

Posted at 8:04 PM on November 4, 2010

here we go again. trying to steal miley’s bestie. well selena, just one more reason for me to hate u more even if ur speaking nicely.

julie

Posted at 5:18 PM on November 4, 2010

thats very very touching that even through their struggles they can put those aside and be there for one another. demi needs to be around the people in her life that, just like selena, will support her and love her and be there for her no matter what happens. and its really nice to see that for the most part she has recieved undying support and love from her family and friends and fans, saying how strong she is. demi had a lot of courage to admit that she needed help, and I pray that she is getting the support that she needs right now.