LAURA'S LOVE LIFE ADVICE: Leann Rimes Says That Falling For A Married Man Is OK — But She Is Totally Wrong!

Thu, November 4, 2010 12:38pm EDT by 10 Comments

Leann is attempting to rationalize cheating on her husband and falling for a married man by saying it “happens every day.” Is she right or totally out of line?

Leann Rimes makes no apologies for not only cheating on her own husband, Dean Sheremet, but also for stealing another woman’s man. In fact, she’s so in love with Eddie Cibrian — who was very married himself to model Brandi Glanville when the two met on the set of the TV movie Northern Lights last year — that she’s trying to convince herself that cheating is not only OK, but normal!

“It happens every day to so many people,” the 28-year-old singer told ABC News’ Robin Roberts. “And if I take away my album sales, my words … you have just another couple. You had two couples whose marriages didn’t work, who really stumbled upon each other and fell in love.”

I’m not disputing the fact that marriages don’t always work. We don’t know what problems Leann and Dean or Eddie and Brandi were having at home. However, there’s a right way and a wrong way to go about ending one relationship and beginning another — and both Leann and Eddie were completely in the wrong by having an affair. What they SHOULD have done is ended their respective marriages before carrying on their own love affair, which would have been more honest.

Although Leann said, “That’s just not me. What happened is not who I am, period. I do know how much I love him. So, I’ve always said I don’t live my life with regret. I can’t,” she SHOULD live with regret. She and Eddie succeeded in destroying two marriages and had little thought or care for the two people they had pledged forever to. She also started off this new “love” in such a backhanded way that I wouldn’t be surprised if it came back to bite her in the long run. Remember, HollywoodLifers, if he cheats once, he’ll do it again — and if you were in Leann’s shoes, I wouldn’t be surprised if YOU were the victim next time.

Have you ever been a victim of cheating or a cheater yourself? How did your situation turn out? Let us know your story below!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Me

Posted at 11:54 AM on November 9, 2010

Very true, you can not help who you fall in love with. But that does not negate your responsibility to your current partner. This is not about ” never doing anything wrong”, this is about caring enough for the people that you CAN hurt, and doing your best to mitigate the damage you may cause. Sneaking around and having an affair that is not the way to handle it.

Me

Posted at 11:55 AM on November 9, 2010

This was in response to Alli.

Journey

Posted at 4:22 PM on November 4, 2010

What Leann and Eddie did says a lot about how they feel about decency and their value system. They a both to blame for destroying their marriages. Granted, there had to have been problems but engaging in this disgusting affair is WRONG. There is much truth to WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND. Eddie Cibrian has a roving eye. I used to think he was attractive but now I look at him differently. Leann, on the other hand is NOT in any way attractive. She has a very manly look to her. They have screwed up several lives with their actions.

Marilyn

Posted at 3:14 PM on November 5, 2010

Fifty two percent of marriages end in divorce. Do you think they are the only ones who have ever cheated? I have been on both sides and we all know both stink, however, I don’t think it’s healthy to treat them like crap. I guess your values and morals have made you perfect in your own life. You have never lied or cheated. Everything you have done would be applauded by everyone, because you have always done what is proper and right. Seriously?

jerseygirldv

Posted at 3:40 PM on November 4, 2010

I don’t have a problem with the fact that they are soooo in love with eachother that they left their spouses to be together. What i DO have a problem with is how LEANN is acting (or should I say tweeting) now that it is over. They should have more sympathy for the people that they hurt and spend less time tweeting about how deleriously happy she is hanging with “her boys” and cooking pancakes for “her family” and “waking up in eddies arms”, etc… She’s clearly rubbing it in Brandi’s face. Imagine how Brandi feels that another woman basically stole her life. LeAnn should do the right thing and keep her private life PRIVATE!

oh lordy

Posted at 3:38 PM on November 4, 2010

this is the only website i know, where the “authors” slam the subjects of their “stories”, as if they are something better. self-righteous little wannabe-journalists! i dare you to throw the first stone!

yeah.. i didnt think so.

Marie

Posted at 1:53 PM on November 4, 2010

The double standards are just unbelievable!!!LeAnn and Eddie both said practically the SAME thing in the interview about falling in love,but people still crucify LeAnn over it and lets Eddie off the hook.I guess Eddie was handcuffed and drugged all those times LeAnn had sex with him,then *rolls eyes*.They both share EQUAL blame.Period!!Also they don’t owe the public anything!Whatever happened is between them and their exes,no one else.

Jake

Posted at 1:48 PM on November 4, 2010

Vile example of Rimes inappropriate daily Tweets:

” “Pile of cute lil and big boys in bed having a ticklefest this morning! About to eat breakfast in bed too. We’re not moving til we have to! ”

How nice for the wife to hear about her toddler and 5 year old in BED with her husband and his mistress.

BEST TWEET:

“Flew home for 5 hrs to see Eddie & the lil one’s and ended up in the ER!” Rimes wrote. “Everybody’s fine, just a minor kiddo accident. Boys will be boys!”

The mother of the small child found out her son was rushed to the hospital ER for stitches via Twitter !

Rimes had time to tweet, but no time to call the mother?? !!!

Fab way to twist the knife in the wife and mother’s heart.

Marilyn

Posted at 1:05 PM on November 4, 2010

That’s not what she said. You totally missed the point. I love people who act like they never did anything wrong. Get over yourself.

Alli

Posted at 1:48 PM on November 4, 2010

agreed. you can’t help who you fall in love with