KIRSTIN SAYS: Don't Take Away My Favorite Lesbians From 'Grey's Anatomy!'

Fri, October 29, 2010 3:06am EDT by 11 Comments

Courtesy of ABC

At first, the most upsetting part about Grey’s Anatomy Oct. 28 was the documentary-style shooting — then they tried to write out Arizona and Callie and I’m officially distraught!

Grey’s Anatomy took a very random turn Oct. 28 — for some strange reason, the writers thought we’d enjoy watching The Office meets Law and Order in a hospital. However, contrary to their beliefs, I didn’t enjoy the whole documentary feel. The so-called “documentary creators” focused on the shooting incident from last season’s finale, while tying it into this season’s surgeries. Ultimately, I missed the fancy edits and alternative music from the usual episodes…but mostly, I was upset by the new storyline at the end of the episode: WHERE ARE THEY TAKING ARIZONA AND CALLIE?

Here are my six gut reactions to tonight’s episode:

• When I found out Arizona’s (Jessica Capshaw) fancy grant is going to take her to AFRICA and away from Callie (Sara Ramirez), I freaked out. Did I miss this caveat last episode? Then, when Callie says at the end of the episode she’s going to Africa with Arizona, I weeped. What are they doing to me? I don’t deserve this abuse.
  • Seeing the patients (ie: Mandy Moore‘s character) outside of the hospital was freaky. I came to the sudden realization the doctors are more interesting than the patients. By a long shot.
  • However, the arm people are AWESOME! When the arm transplant patient finds out he is going to get arms with a tattoo (something that throws off most patients in the same situation), both his wife and he react with the coolest attitude. “I love the name Nicole,” the arm needer said after finding out his new arm says, “Nicole.” His wife agreed, “I will change my name to Nicole.” These people are the SWEETEST patients EVER.
  • How funny is it that Little Grey (Chyler Leigh) can’t get into the hospital because of the new intense security system? (Although I wanted to punch her when she risked a patient’s life by setting the security system off and locking doors to the intensive care unit.)
  • Does Mandy Moore ALWAYS play a sick person? Although her story line wasn’t as touching as the kid who needs a trachea, Mandy reminded me of her character in the most important flick of my sophomore year, A Walk To Remember. SIDE NOTE: I love seeing Mandy on the small screen!
  • Cristina (Sandra Oh) needs to pull it freaking together! After last week’s episode, I was positive she was back to normal. Boy, was I wrong. The only redeeming trait of her character in tonight’s episode was the ending…and even that was dark and twisted. “[I'm] blessed to be here. Blessed to saving lives…every day,” she said, before adding, “Being a hero has it’s price…”What did YOU think of tonight’s “documentary” episode? Will Arizona and Callie ACTUALLY go to Africa? Will Cristina be back to her old self? Sound off below!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

ghkjhk

Posted at 11:24 AM on October 30, 2010

love” my==========diount=========bag ” on goo-g le,sells High qu-alit-y luˇxu-ry L-V ,cha˙ne1

louise77

Posted at 5:21 PM on October 29, 2010

The Christina storyline is old and boring. I thought they were bringing her out of her funk the last couple of episodes but guess not. I thought Lexie not getting into the hospital was funny. Alex always had a heart, especially the last 3 or 4 years. I liked how he kept saying he’s in peds because it’s so hardcore and exclusive yet he’s willing to make a fool of himself to help a little girl.

Elizabeth

Posted at 4:41 PM on October 29, 2010

I’ve been a die hard fan fron the beginning despite the slow storylines. Just rewatched the show. I like the twist of a camera crew following the survivors. Really like how they have been fleshing out the core characters ,especially Korev. Agree with other’s thoughts regarding Mark and Lexie. Bring it for goodness sake! They just work. As for Derrick and Meredith, pregnancy could work into several well written episodes.

Kayleen

Posted at 3:17 PM on October 29, 2010

okay, first: I’m not at all down with the lesbian thing. So i’m not at all sad to see that go.
    second, i actually really liked the documentary style. it was a nice twist that was just completely different from what i was used to, was wierd seeing how the world would view Seattle hospital’s drama…i just liked it :)
    I really wanna see Cristina get back into the OR! She’s a phenomenal character and I definately want to see her succeed.
    That they had Mandy’s character die from such a simple surgery was just sad :'(
    GREAT EPISODE :D

Tamara

Posted at 1:59 PM on October 29, 2010

I agree that Cristina needs to get back to being her tough self. Even when she was tough she had a vulnerability that shone through. She’s a great actress – they need to fix her storyline NOW. It’s getting old seeing her as a wimp.

LittleMo

Posted at 1:22 PM on October 29, 2010

Shonda Rhimes said in an interview and on Twitter for Mark and Lexie fans to hang in there – its comin!! I WANT MARK AND LEXIE!!!!

Marilyn

Posted at 11:29 AM on October 29, 2010

Grey’s Anatomy has been on for some time, so I thought the documentary style show was interesting. They did something like that on ER back in the day. The only thing I agree with that you said is about Christina. I don’t think it would be good for her to go back to being so cold, but they have to get her back to wanting to do surgeries again. I don’t like the character very much anymore. I wish they would find something to do with Mark Sloan. Alex has all of a sudden grown a heart. He was one of the meanest characters on the show, but not anymore. I am interested what they are going to do with DR. Avery though. He is so hot.

val

Posted at 9:22 AM on October 29, 2010

kirstin, if you like that, you’re gross!

Amanda

Posted at 8:53 AM on October 29, 2010

They’re only writing Callie and Arizona out because Jessica Capshaw (Arizona) is pregnant in real life.

nicebags

Posted at 7:27 AM on October 29, 2010

I like the lux”ury ba”g as a gift to my friend, I found
    ~~~~nice~~~grade~~~b~a~g~s~~~~ is the best si”te bu”y lux”ury ba”gs

Kristin

Posted at 6:44 AM on October 29, 2010

OH MY GOSH!! I completly agree with 100% of what you said. I called my friend directly after the show and we ranted about the show for half an hour. We were seriously upset with a lot, they should have called us!! I will be SOOOOO mad if Callie and Arizona leave the show, and I did want to punch Lexie, though it was a little neat seeing Avery freak out. CHRISTINA needs to get OVER HERSELF, pronto, I’m sick of this story line!!!! And I was sooo mad when Mandy died, though I figured something like that would happen, Bailey is never given a break on the show, so whenever she is happy, something must go wrong, sadly in this case, Mandy had to die. I HATED the documentary feel, absolutly HATED it!! I hope they bring thier A Game next week!!