SO SAD! While Heidi Montag Was Making $1 Million From 'The Hills,' Her Mom Was Working As A Maid!

Thu, October 28, 2010 7:13pm EST by 6 Comments

Heidi’s estranged mom was struggling to pay the bills, while her daughter was living the high life thanks to her MTV reality show!

The drama never ends with this family! Heidi Montag‘s estranged mom, Darlene Egelhoff, opened up to Inside Edition Oct. 28 about her tough financial plight.

Apparently, while her 24-year-old daughter was bringing in at least $65,000 an episode starring on The Hills, she was forced to clean houses to make ends meet. However, the Colorado mom tries to keep an upbeat attitude, and even talked about how it feels when her clients recognize her from her appearances on the reality show.

“That’s very humbling for me and I very much appreciate that experience because I don’t ever want to get full of myself and think I’m too good to do anything,” she said.

Darlene and Heidi stopped talking almost a year ago after Darlene criticized Heidi for getting too much plastic surgery. According to Darlene, she never told Heidi about her financial issues.

–Kirstin Benson

joley

Posted at 11:40 AM on October 30, 2010

Her mom is a grown-up and she can take care of herself.
Heidi paid for all of this with the Couch, don’t kid yourself. Would the mother sell her ass to be on TV. No.
The mom needs to get over herself and stop drinking.

amanda

Posted at 11:39 PM on October 29, 2010

I don’t think her mom could take a dime of that money in good conscience. MTV chewed up and spit out Heidi and revealed her very troubling true colors along the way. Heidi is young enough to rebound from her foolish behavior and grow into a self-assured woman of integrity but as a mom to share in the financial gain of this trainwreck would send the absolute wrong message. I would rather sweat the bills and take a second job as a maid then financially gain from my daughter’s antics. I’m sure most other moms would agree with me.

amanda

Posted at 11:42 PM on October 29, 2010

*than, not then

mimi tholsted

Posted at 11:45 AM on October 29, 2010

it just show the character of Heidi???? I would help my own mother as much as I could???? how can Heidi live with herself?? my God!!!!!….anyway I dont think she has money left with all the plastic she had done????? and no work in the future?

nicebags

Posted at 7:32 AM on October 29, 2010

I like the lux”ury ba”g as a gift to my friend, I found
~~~~nice~~~grade~~~b~a~g~s~~~~ is the best si”te bu”y lux”ury ba”gs

R G Miller

Posted at 7:57 PM on October 28, 2010

No shock here. Narcissism at full throttle.