If you know Erika Jayne from the club music scene, you’ll be happy to know that on Nov. 16, her second album, One Hot Pleasure, will be released!
Erika Jayne, a dance-pop singer and dancer, was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. Her first released track in 2007, called “Rollercoaster,” went to Number 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Party chart. She followed that up with two more singles, “Stars” and “Give You Everything,” that also went to number 1 on the Hot Dance Club Party chart. She passed The Pussycat Dolls and even Lady Gaga! In August 2009, she released her debut album, Pretty Mess, a hit that had her being compared to Madonna, Britney Spears, and Kylie Mingoue! One Hot Pleasure is sure to produce the same catchy songs that you just need to dance to – be sure to check it out on Nov. 16.
Six things you never knew about Erika Jayne!
- She has her own record label: “I’m independent. I own my own record label. I wanted to be in control, be able to put out what I want to, make the stuff that you like.”
- On her ideal guy: “Tall, dark, handsome, educated, super sexy.”
- Her favorite TV show: “True Blood is on my DVR, because it’s fantasy and escape. That’s the theme of my stuff too. I find it intriguing.”
- On her favorite artists: “Right now, it’s more about songs then artists. I can’t get that Far East Movement song out of my head, “Like a G6” But my friend Bret Elridge is probably my new favorite person out there.”
- Being from the South: “I”m a Southern belle. I love being from the South, it has a great sense of romance. The old customs are very cool.”
- Her fears: “I’m afraid of the dark. I think monsters are going to get me. I like to watch paranormal movies on A&E, celebrity ghost stories. But I definitely get afraid at the same time, I’m a big scaredy cat.”