'Vampire Diaries' Video! Andy Says: Elena & Stefan's Break Up Was The Best Scene Yet! Are You Crushed Or Happy?

Fri, October 22, 2010 3:21pm EDT by 31 Comments
Loading video...

Tears, heartache and one heck of a quivering lip from Paul Wesley — he and Nina Dobrev both deserve a raise!

The Oct. 21 episode of The Vampire Diaries was, as always, full of shocking twists (R.I.P. Mason Lockwood and get-well-soon Aunt Jenna!) but the biggest shock of all was saved until the very end: Elena (Nina Dobrev) called it quits with Stefan (Paul Wesley!) As an out-and-proud Delena shipper, I have to admit I wasn’t totally unhappy with this turn of events, but I still feel all of your pain. While I’m sure it won’t take long for Stefan and Elena to rekindle their eternal flame, their break up will definitely create some interesting drama in the meantime!

— Andy Swift

Craving more Vampire Diaries? Click here to follow Andy on Twitter!

Kim

Posted at 3:25 PM on November 10, 2011

lol

a...

Posted at 4:10 PM on November 21, 2010

well i wasn’t sad . i was so happy!!!
i mean when i saw stefan cry i was like “i don’t really care”
and when elena said ” it’s over” i screamed of hapiness. my mother was like “omg what’s goig on?” and when she saw what i was watching she said “ok. i get it. something beetween damon and elena?” and i said “no!no!no!elena just broke up with stefan!!!” and she said “finally!!!!”lol.and after that scene there was the delena moment!! this episode was just so good!!!
and when i saw my friends i screamed like a psycho “elena broke up with stefan !!!!!!!!!” i know that they will go back together ;that’s just a question of time but i don’t care that was so good!!!!!and i you’re gonna think that i’m a monster because stefan’s cry scene didn’t made me sad but like i sais “i don’t really care (=”

bamonlover

Posted at 4:55 PM on November 8, 2010

Stelena all the way.I almost cryed when i seen stefan cry never seen him cry before.):

Eva

Posted at 5:57 AM on November 5, 2010

Delena rules!!!

Lilya092

Posted at 6:17 PM on November 2, 2010

Delena? – No way! Stelena only!
I believed every Stefan’s tear! It’s the real confirmation of his love.

Eli

Posted at 1:16 PM on November 1, 2010

Totally crushed, somehow it feels right that they have to be together after the love episode of Elena and Stefan in season 1. It’s hard to not see them together.
I like Damon and Elena’s attraction but I see Stefan truly loves Elena and wouldn’t hurt her.

Anna

Posted at 1:22 PM on October 30, 2010

ДА я довольна очень)))))))) Жаль конечно Стефано но я люблю Деймона )))) Elena only for Damon

Jane

Posted at 10:48 AM on October 28, 2010

Elena + Stefan forever!
The last episode only prove that they must be together. Their “breaking up” is only for some time. SteLena will existed forever, they very much love each other and this love is perfect and wonderful. They can’t live without each other. And very soon Elena and Stefan will be together again!

Anna From Russia

Posted at 1:45 AM on October 28, 2010

Ну наконец-то!

Хочу теперь Делену!

DELENA!

Gray

Posted at 3:55 AM on October 26, 2010

Only Stelena!!! I’m for real love!

Nik

Posted at 3:28 AM on October 26, 2010

Elena belongs with Damon.

They have a great connection.

Stefan should be with Caroline. She makes him lighten up a bit.

G

Posted at 8:41 AM on October 26, 2010

The only reason DE appeals to people is because ‘they are so wrong, it is right’.
So, no. They are terrible for each other. They bring the worst out in each other. But, that’s why people ship them.
Stefan/Elena is RIGHT. DE will happen and it will be fireworks and rocket’s red glare but that’s all it will be, it will never be RIGHT.

music

Posted at 9:20 AM on October 26, 2010

ITA!
People always want to have what they can’t have …hence why the massive appeal of DE!

Shelby

Posted at 11:35 AM on October 27, 2010

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!

Mina

Posted at 9:17 PM on October 26, 2010

Sorry but Stefan already rejected Caroline in season one

Caroline to go after Stefan again would be really low and desperate

Stefan and Elena are meant to be together!they have common interests, amazing chemistry, and make me smile!

Megan

Posted at 3:26 AM on October 26, 2010

DAMON AND ELENA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

Madison

Posted at 9:26 PM on October 25, 2010

I completly agree with you @Stacy

Stacy

Posted at 4:16 PM on October 25, 2010

That last scene and the whole episode showed us once and again, the power of their love. And their reunion is just the matter of time. And I hope, that writers will make it even more hotter, then in S1 E10! If they don’t bring them together, this show will be worthless to watch for me, as my foundations and believes will be broken. Yes, I like Caroline, Bonny, and others, but the reason I watch is the magic of Stelena love

sarah

Posted at 3:54 AM on September 15, 2011

stacy i love you for this. Stelena Only.

Jasmine

Posted at 4:15 PM on October 25, 2010

I was sad when they broke up…but I got over it! They’ll be back together soon anyway. I’m just patiently waiting for Damon and Elena…patiently waiting. It’s going to be so epic.

silvia

Posted at 5:59 PM on October 25, 2010

i agree!

it’s not the end of the world that they broke up…they are going to get back together…but when Delena finally happens, i am patiently waiting for this, it will be EPIC!! and AMAZING!!! :))

Elena

Posted at 4:15 AM on October 25, 2010

The whole point of this story is a love Stefan and Elena! And if they do not like each other enough to overcome all this, it means worthless TV series! Because it kakayato soap opera out – Gossip Girl! Only Stella and do differently!

Taylor

Posted at 7:18 PM on October 26, 2010

While I do find your opinion intriguing, and I definitely understand it, I must respectfully disagree. The show, and the book series (and this is a proven fact) is about the love TRIANGLE. So, a triangle only takes it’s shape when the one person loves both of the others equally, so you may have to bear with the break-up, but don’t worry. Although I am DE, and devotedly so, there is no doubt that Elena and Stefan will get back together. So do not fret :)

Abby

Posted at 10:43 PM on October 24, 2010

To quote my twitter, “Give me 5 good reasons why Elena should be with Damon over Stefan, and I’ll give you 50 good reasons why she shouldn’t.”

Taylor

Posted at 7:20 PM on October 26, 2010

hahaha, I actually thought that was very clever! But in all actuality, if we get DE on one side of a room, and SE on the other, reasons and reasons will never stop flooding from our overly obsessive mouths. I would say it’s about equal, in my opinion, but very good post on twitter!

Katelin1208

Posted at 2:45 PM on October 24, 2010

Stefan and Elena re the epic love story that every girl dreams of! He is strong and powerful and could be dominating and crazy but chooses to be softer and sweet. He could control her, but he doesn’t, he chooses to give her the independence she craves and allow her to come to terms with the things that happen around them and to them. Stefan is compassionate, and he cares deeply for Elena and her family and friends. He honours her wishes and protecs those she loves. Plus, he is sexy as hell.

Madison

Posted at 2:38 PM on October 23, 2010

All I can say is that last scene broke my heart into about a million pieces, it was just soooo sad. It just goes to show what amazing actors and actresses this show has. Elena and Stefan will get back together eventually. they will overcome this because their love is simply epic <3

STELENA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AngelGirl

Posted at 12:58 PM on October 23, 2010

NO WAY, man It will be a matter of time when Stefan and Elena are together. They will overcome this. of course. That is what will make them simply epic.

STELENA RULESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elena

Posted at 11:12 AM on October 23, 2010

STEFAN AND ELENA FOREVER! they will definatley be back together, their love is insaneeeee. My heart broke when i watched that scene, but i know we will see them together again. BEST COUPLE EVER!

brenda

Posted at 7:53 PM on October 22, 2010

DAMON N ELENA BABE

reyhaneh

Posted at 11:57 AM on March 8, 2011

DELENA FOR EVER! they are sooooo good for each other they just fit i hope that they happen soon!