EXCLUSIVE! Inside 'Sister Wives' Divorce! Robyn REALLY Likes Victoria's Secret!

Fri, October 22, 2010 5:29pm EDT by 38 Comments

The break-out star from the TLC show ‘Sister Wives’ got divorced back in 2008, and we have the details, including a large debt to the nation’s number one lingerie chain!

HollywoodLife.com dug up the divorce document for Robyn Brown (Kody Brown’s newest (fourth) wife on TLC’s Sister Wives) and looks like Robyn loves lacy underthings!  According to the filing, in Ravalli County in Montana, Robyn had serious money issues up until the divorce to David Preston Jessop back in 1999, including owing almost $1,000 to Victoria’s Secret!  We’re guessing the unmentionables may have helped her snatch up the desirable Kody Brown.

The divorce document breaks down the separate debts of Robyn & David.  Robyn had a mound of debt that was awarded to her in the divorce.  Besides the unusually high Victoria’s Secret bill, she also owed thousands to Target and Sears. The total debt awarded to her was… $32,400!

But she didn’t leave the marriage empty-handed — according to the docs she got to keep the Sanyo VCR (a VCR in 2007?) and a Kirby vacuum cleaner.

David didn’t go away light either; he got to keep the 1974 Academy Mobile Home!

Robyn was married to David Preston Jessop back in 1999; the couple had three children together over the duration of their marriage; David, Aurora & Brennan.  They filed for divorce in 2007, citing irreconcilable differences.

–Jessica Finn

Lamonica Verhines

Posted at 10:05 AM on June 11, 2012

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

liz

Posted at 11:14 PM on May 7, 2012

Christen needs to move on she causes to much drema and cries to much when she does not get her way.

Fan of wife Robyn wife 4

Posted at 7:06 PM on May 2, 2012

I Love the show sister wives, but I only like 2 of the wives I like Meri and I Love Robyn she is my most favorite wife and her kids Dayton,Aroura,Brieanna and new baby Solomon by watching the show I learn that they might have the same rule for what Robyn’s 3 oldest Dayton,Aroura and Brieanna and Baby Soloman.

Fan of wife Robyn wife 4

Posted at 7:04 PM on May 2, 2012

Water Treatment Process

Posted at 9:23 PM on April 24, 2012

Hi there, just was aware of your weblog via Google, and located that it’s truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful for those who proceed this in future. A lot of other folks might be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

DEBBIE P.

Posted at 8:52 AM on December 30, 2011

We are not to judge. I LOVE every one of the sister wives. Althrough I do not believe in their marriages I have learned a great deal. I have never missed one show. If I wouldn’t be claimed as a stalker I would love to be close friends with all of them. I relate to them on so many levels. When I see Cody looking into the eyes of each wife the love is beautiful. Being very picky about who I hang with or associate with, I have cried, laughed, been scared for them, all the emotions a person could have and I’d be honored if I could be friend with this family. Anyone who has neg. comments should set back and really listen to what each of them has to say, you will learn. God bless this family always. They are in my daily prayers. Sincerely, Debbie P.

lots of fun

Posted at 1:15 PM on October 31, 2011

Um Robin is hot!!!

Just thinking about her sauteed up in her trailer…WOW!!!

Woody!!!!!

Sara

Posted at 9:57 PM on October 16, 2011

Uhhh her kids names are Dayton, Aurora and Breanna. If you cnt get her kids naes right I dunno how much else I will believe….

gossip26

Posted at 1:48 AM on August 28, 2014

Sara her son from a previous marriage was originally named David, named after his father. When Robyn married Kody, she changed the boys name to Dayton because she did not want the name David as a reminder of her husband – some say Kody asked for the change in name. So now he is called Dayton and I am sure the poor kid is so confused!

sheila

Posted at 10:48 PM on October 9, 2011

The other name for polygamy is…ADULTERY. This guy Kody is the epitoe of NARCISISM.

MD

Posted at 5:41 PM on September 27, 2011

I don’t agree with this life style for MYSELF. I am very jealous, and my man, is my man. My kids are MY kids… No one else gets any right to either.

However, it works for others! Kudos to them!
Why is it ANYONE else’s business??
Gay people, transgender, monogamous, polygamous,etc.
Why do people care?
If you actually do read the bible. MANY of the men in the bible have MANY MANY wives.
It wasn’t wrong then. Why now?

Another thing… the whole investigation with the state of utah… What the hell??! Why is it illegal for a man, to love multiple women, get them pregnant, and take CARE of them in their home with their Wife? BUT it’s perfectly ok, for a man to cheat on his wife, get other women pregnant, and have nothing to do with them or the kids….. Makes ZERO sense!
This is just like having an OPEN marriage, which AGAIN is NOT illegal!
Come on people………

Heather

Posted at 11:52 AM on November 2, 2011

I totally agree with you MD. I feel the same way,I do not share my kids or husband. However,my husband cheated on me and did it behind my back and this destroyed my respect and trust in him not to mention our marriage. Honesty in a relationship is key to unity. As long as all these woman know what’s they are up against it’s their choice how they live their marriage and lives. Because of the open aspect and accepting ways they live, at least they had a choice unlike me where my husband lied and cheated. And by the way nothing legally was done to my husband! They all seem to be living a happy life, leave them all alone.

irene

Posted at 12:32 AM on November 29, 2011

you are so wrong not only are you sending the wrong message to women you are sending this treat women like dirt to the girls and boys. also harming the economy of the state due to this huge illegal families getting on public funds and food stamps and medical aid, this impacts vry citizen of the community and the state. it wrong it iellgal and needs to be charged and sent to prison to send the right message that this needs to stop now.

Joy

Posted at 1:05 AM on November 3, 2011

The Investigation is probably actually about them all being on food stamps,health care claiming to be single parents

irene

Posted at 12:27 AM on November 29, 2011

what so many people do not understand is that this so called life style impacts the american taxpayers. these so called religous people go have a gazillion kids with one man then go get on public money and food stamps and medical aid these women are not working and the man usually works with the “church” so all moneys go to the “church” so no moneys go to pay back the tax payer for all the money these leechs are doing. I know I worked as a child support officer and finding these people and getting them to cooperate in their cases was impossible so we had to start doing someting to make them cooperate like sanction their money and food stamps if they did not coop after three times the woman was cut off money and food stamps for life. all that does is impact the children and sadly they keep having more kids who they cannot support it is sick. it wrong and it is the business of the community and the state due to the best interest of the children and the state which means its citizens, taxpayers. now do you understand.

debbie p

Posted at 8:56 AM on December 30, 2011

Thank you so much for this post. I have a special place in my heart for this family and would never want anyone to be hurt from hurtful comments. I hope your post is read by everyone who is mean and make remarks about something they know nothing about. Those are the very ones that are hurting their family in some way. Again, thank you for your very true words.

Ronnisue

Posted at 5:49 PM on September 25, 2011

Why do these people not read the real Bible??

MD

Posted at 5:34 PM on September 27, 2011

Actually if YOU read the bible the entire first testament every male has MANY wives.

Tessa

Posted at 5:48 PM on May 25, 2011

This is a surprise. Most “devout” Mormons wear garments. The “Fundamentalists” wear the long sleeved version. I dont recall ever seeing a sister wife in a short sleeved shirt. Research the Mormon Garment. Pretty much voids out the sexiness of any of Victoria’s Secret undies… They are ugly. Really ugly.

Sunny

Posted at 9:04 AM on May 24, 2011

Her children’s names are Dayton (not David) Aurora and Brianna (not Brennon). Get your facts straight people.

Lisa

Posted at 1:38 PM on March 26, 2013

her son’s name IS David. Kody didn’t want to have to hear her exhusbands name all the time so it was changed to Dayton.

gossip26

Posted at 12:40 AM on September 2, 2014

Correct! No one thought to ask the poor kid what he would like to be called!

Janice Metcalfe

Posted at 12:12 PM on May 23, 2011

I watch “Sister Wives”. I have not missed an episode. I find the premise of the show very interesting and entertaining. Last nights episode was more real that any have been thus far. It was the first time I have heard cursing, obvious disagrements and discord amoung the ranks !!
Being a plyg wife is not for me. I do feel that we all have to answer for our own choices in life. It is not up to me to judge anyone else.
I wish the Brown family good luck in the move. I hope they get what they are seeking. From the previews of the next episode, it sounds like there will soon be the pitter patter of another little Browm :)

momstaronstar

Posted at 2:07 AM on May 13, 2011

It doesn’t matter how many “wives” Kody has; he is still just legally married to the first one. The rest are just there to bring up the slack.

Susannah

Posted at 12:13 AM on March 21, 2011

Hmmmm….she was married to a Jessop? I’m pretty sure she said her exhusband was raised in the lifestyle but they didn’t practice polygamy in their marriage.
I think the Jessops are a ‘big’ family in polygamy circles, right? Carolyn Jessop and Flora Jessop, former sister wives who have both published books speaking against the lifestyle?

Suz

Posted at 2:35 PM on November 21, 2012

That name raised red flags with me too.

Babette

Posted at 1:32 PM on March 16, 2011

It makes me wonder who paid for the house she was living in on the show, when all they could afford was a trailer when she and her husband were married. Also, does the ex have to pay alimony even though she is now “married” to Kody? It sounds like this “religion” is a cover to scam not only the government, but everyone else out of money in addition to some creepy guys with sex addictions get out of paying whores.
I’m not a fan of gays, but I have to say their lifestyle seems a lot less immoral than these “religious” people.

kathy

Posted at 5:19 PM on May 28, 2011

Babette, I can bet my backside that Gay person would not be a fan of your big AZZ either!

kathy

Posted at 5:24 PM on May 28, 2011

babette, I did not proof read before hitting reply, I missed THE A before GAY!

irene

Posted at 12:41 AM on November 29, 2011

kathy what in the world caused you to call babette that name i did not rad her say on slur or nam calling she just xpressd her belief that hse doesnt aprove of gays and in fact i have two of my best buddies who are gay and i tell them straight to their face i do not approve of their life style but i still love them, so why the haterville behavior.
it folks like you that make it hard for gay people to just
live. stop being so rude. i dont like people that smoke
either but i am not going to call them rude names.

elie

Posted at 1:39 AM on June 6, 2011

“It sounds like this “religion” is a cover to scam not only the government, but everyone else out of money…”

So how is Kody Brown scaming the government or anyone else out of money? It is not your business nor anyone else’s if these adult people decide to live a particular type of life style. They work, are educated, maintain their life style without outside help, love,care for and educate their children and seem relatively well balanced.
Some pepople are gay, some are straight, some bisexual or transgendered. Some peole have one partner or have more than one. You have no right to make judgements nor tell another how to live their life. You need to take care of YOUR business and put your energy in to becoming the best person you can be.

Asemelda

Posted at 2:11 PM on March 14, 2011

The fact ya’ll went and looked up her divorce documents is beyond me. However I wonder if I can marry Kody too… I prefer Goodwill brand undies though.

Anne

Posted at 7:51 AM on March 13, 2011

Kody Brown is a selfish SOB….I can’t imagine what the children of this mess ( yes mess..not marriage ) are going thru. Kody Brown is a spoiled brat, not a grown man.What in the blazes did Kody Brown need a 4th wife for when another wife was PG with no# 6 ? Can’t these women see what a jerk Kody is ? Are they that desparate for attention that they have to marry someone like Kody the CREEP ? Get a life women. Take your kids and GET out of that mess

Cash In

Posted at 10:39 PM on October 31, 2010

$32,000 in debt? What’s her cut for the show? I see a “divorce” on the horizon after she settles the debt.

TellmeMore3

Posted at 1:28 AM on October 23, 2010

She likes lingerie??? And shes female! So exclusive!

Opinionated

Posted at 8:29 PM on October 22, 2010

*sigh* This is supposed to be exclusive news?!?! What a shocking revelation… so insightful! Why do I even bother coming back to this site? On to bigger and better things I guess!

Patty cakes

Posted at 3:00 PM on June 18, 2012

We really should not be judging these people,. I just can’t believe anyone is believing a word that Kody Brown says!!! This man is in love with himself and even he can’t believe he’s managed to pull this off for as long as he has.

Georgina

Posted at 3:43 PM on December 30, 2012

What’s saddest is that none of these many, many kids seem to get any one-on-one time with their dad.