Andy's 'Vampire Diaries' Afterthoughts: Bonnie & Damon Are Getting Closer, And I Like It! Oh, And Someone Died! Find Out Who…

Thu, October 21, 2010 9:47pm EDT by 14 Comments

The Oct. 21 episode was curveball after curveball! Katherine is pissed and she’s WINNING!

Warning! If you haven’t watched “Plan B,” stop reading. There be spoilers ahead… OK, let’s do this: It really wasn’t a great night for Team Stelena. In a desperate attempt to keep Katherine (Nina Dobrev) from ruining their lives any further, Nina decided she needed to break up with Stefan (Paul Wesley.) I may drink the Delena Kool-Aid myself, but I still feel your pain. And speaking of pain, the break-up was triggered by Katherine forcing Aunt Jenna (Sara Canning) to stab herself with a kitchen knife! But was she one who died?…

…Nope! That would be Mason (Taylor Kinney.) Damon (Ian Somerhalder) kidnapped and tortured him for info. on the Moonstone, and when he knew he wasn’t getting anywhere, he literally RIPPED Mason’s heart out of his chest! Yeah, my jaw is still in pain from how hard it hit the floor.

Needless to say… Katherine. Is. PISSED! So pissed, in fact, that she’s compelling Matt (Zach Roerig) to provoke Tyler (Michael Trevino) until he kills him! Yeah, that’s coming…

And now, for some of my thoughts. Let me know if you agree:

1. It was nice to see Bonnie (Katerina Graham) and Damon work together to subdue Mason (via one of Bonnie’s “witchy-juju” headaches.) I’m starting to see some potential there. Maybe a friendship? Maybe more? Who knows.
  2. I think it’s safe to say Nina Dobrev is one of the hardest working girls on TV: Not only does she have to double up on characters, but she also has to endure hooking up with two different guys! Seriously, that scene at the beginning where it kept cutting from Elena and Stefan to Katherine and Mason was out of control. I guess tonight’s episode wasn’t a TOTAL bust for Stelena fans.
  3. I sort of kind of hate Caroline’s mom less now. And I don’t know how I feel about Caroline compelling her into forgetting she’s a vampire. They were finally making progress.

Sometimes it shocks me how good this show is.

— Andy Swift

Craving more Vampire Diaries? Click here to follow Andy on Twitter!

Dakota

Posted at 5:12 PM on October 26, 2010

Oh!!!! Katherine compelled Matt not Tyler!!!!!

Mishy

Posted at 11:13 AM on October 24, 2010

I freaked out when Jenna stabbed herself and when Stefan and Elena broke up. So many shocking moments!

Bonnie and Damon have some SERIOUS chemistry going on. Just kiss already!!!! lol

AngelGirl

Posted at 2:48 PM on October 23, 2010

I enjoyed the Bamon moments the most. Really. I just feel like you don’t need to be a bamon fan to enjoy their banter. They where freaking adorable :D

Kat

Posted at 2:06 AM on October 23, 2010

yeah the bonnie and damon scenes were easily my favorite last night. they have chemistry and also damon is still fun and sarcastic with her. its cute!

the most shocking scene though was definitely the jenna one, i mean i didnt think she would die but just seeing her lift the knife is was scarryyyy. this show is definitely not for little kids

Bamon101

Posted at 11:36 PM on October 22, 2010

YES THIS BY FAR WAS THE BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON!
BONNIE AND DAMON=BAMON! I FEEL SOO SORRY FOR POOR STEFAN… DAMON IS RUTHLESS AS ALWAYS!
KATHERINE IS A BADASS STRAIGHT UP POOR JENNA GOT CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE NEXT WEEK IS GONNA BE AWESOME I WOULDN’T MISS IT EVEN IF THE WORLD WAS COMING TO A END!

nsk

Posted at 4:22 PM on October 22, 2010

for once i agree with u about bonnie and damon
there is a LOT of potential and everyone who knows the relationship between buffy and spike will know what i mean…
bamon are really entertaining and so fun to watch

Madison

Posted at 11:12 AM on October 22, 2010

Andy, it was Matt who was compelled by Katherine. in your poll you have Tyler.

Abby

Posted at 11:11 AM on October 22, 2010

Geez Andy, you’re so bipolar. A few weeks ago you said Bamon didn’t even exsist, and now you like them. Lol.

luana

Posted at 1:22 AM on October 22, 2010

i love so much Bonnie and damon interaction!!!! Paul w. he did a great job in the last scene.

Amanda

Posted at 10:40 PM on October 21, 2010

Andy! You got that wrong! It was Damon who ripped Mason’s heart out. You wrote Stefan in your poll choices. How hot was Damon tonight? Loved him as usual! Boohoo my heart is breaking for Stelena..NOT! Serves them right for trying to fool Kat. She’s too smart for them and they should have known better! She warned Stefan if he didn’t break up with Elena she’ll start killing her family one by one. And she keeps her word. Stefan is stupid and selfish. I liked Bamon tonight also. Somebody hold me. I don’t know what’s happening to me :O

jenny

Posted at 10:38 PM on October 21, 2010

yes yes sparks and hattte between damon and bonnie I love it, sad very sad for stefan and elena they love so much and there is angst and everything.

Damon was awesome even at the end when he realizes that he is not smart as Katherine, and he ruined everything for elena

Katherine wow, she is so amazing and bad please Damon is a baby nexto to her…

Amanda

Posted at 10:43 PM on October 21, 2010

Damon didn’t ruin anything, even though he thought he was to blame. He didn’t know Kat gave Stefan an ultimatum and asked Stelena to break up. He kept asking Stefan why they were fake fighting and Stefan didn’t share with Damon the reason. Kat found out from Jenna about the pretend break up and that’s why she made Jenna stab herself. It has nothing to do with Damon.

Andy

Posted at 11:05 PM on October 21, 2010

Haha, my bad. I guess I still hadn’t recovered from all the SHOCKS :)

scarlett

Posted at 10:00 PM on October 21, 2010

Best episode by far. But the best villains have some redeeming qualities and Katherine has none! She just needs to be staked ASAP. Sad to see hottie Mason go, but then it makes it easier for me to focus all of my attention on Damon and Jeremy. Damon is obviously teaching Jeremy how to smolder! Yummy!