With just two days to go until their Oct. 23 nuptials, Katy Perry and Russell Brand are ready to get their six-day wedding celebration in India underway!
Katy Perry, 25, and Russell Brand, 35, whirlwind romance is like a fairytale! After barely four months of dating, Russell proposed to Katy during a trip to India last New Year’s. Now the two are about to say “I do” in an extravagant celebration in the same country they agreed to be partners forever.
Six days seems like a long time to celebrate a marital union, but Russell and Katy are going all out for their guests and made sure to plan activities to keep them entertained.
Mohan Singh, a tour manager for Rajasthan Tours, who is working on the wedding, told The Huffington Post everything he knows about Hollywood’s most extravagant wedding of the year!
- The couple is getting married at a luxury resort outside the Ranthambhore tiger sanctuary in the Indian state of Rajasthan
- It will be a colorful wedding. Russell and Katy will be attired in Indian wedding attire. Katy has already been spotted sporting an Indian bridal nose ring.
- Bound by Indian law, the wedding reception will begin to wind down close to 10pm as loud music is not permitted after that time.
- The couple have hired 13 vehicles to take some of their 80 or so guests on tours of the wildlife sanctuary in the days after the wedding
- Brand and Perry will be staying in a luxury tent at the Aman-i-Khas resort, just outside the sanctuary, with guests staying at the nearby Vanyavilas and Sher Bagh resorts
The couple has already given rights to their wedding coverage to a London publication and with tight private security hired to oversee the wedding, it’ll be hard to learn anything about the big day until it’s over!