Katy and Russell have just embarked on their 6-day wedding extravaganza, complete with camels, elephants, and 85 guests!
Katy Perry and Russell Brand are just days away from tying the knot! The happy couple flew from London’s Heathrow Airport to Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Oct. 20, where they are set to walk down the aisle on Saturday Oct. 23.
Katy, 25, and Russell, 35, kept a very low profile when they arrived in India. Katy opted for a black ensemble and kept her coat over her head while walking through the airport. But we did manage to get a glimpse of Katy wearing a beautiful Indian bridal nose ring. The couple are having their ceremony at Rambagh Palace, the same place where Russell proposed to Katy on New Year’s Eve of last year.
The six-day event is filled with unbelievable activities for their guests. Not only will guests enjoy safaris at nearby Ranthambore Park, they each get their own luxurious personal tents!
Keep reading to find out all the details on Katy & Russell’s upcoming I’dos.
- Their wedding is a traditional Indian celebration which is lasting for six days.
- The celeb-studded event includes Rihanna as Katy’s maid of honor, Jonathan Ross and Jane Goldman, David Walliams, Lara Stone and P Diddy, who is also expected to perform.
- There will be five different parties, and guests get to enjoy safaris at Ranthambore National Park.
- Russell is expected to arrive to the ceremony on a white horse, surrounded by camels, and elephants says Us Weekly.
- Katy will have a “rotating bridal wardrobe” from designers Zuhair Murad, and Donna Mizani says Us Weekly.
- Katy and Russell spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to fly their 85 guests to India.
- Katy is expected to be decorated in henna tattoos. Despite the very Indian ceremony, Katy and Russell will still have a traditional first dance.
- During the ceremony a sacred fire will be lit and the couple will walk around the fire seven times and then be showered with rose petals.
- Russell will give Katy a box of red wedding bangles and wash them each in milk before placing them on Katy’s wrists.
- The wedding party will enjoy a band and fireworks after the wedding.
- Katy is reportedly so stressed that she is breaking out and has started smoking.