EXCLUSIVE! Sister Wife Janelle Brown's Business — Food Storage Company Called 'People Pantry'

Fri, October 15, 2010 12:08pm EDT by 29 Comments

Everybody wants to know exactly how the ‘Sister Wives’ make any money — and, at least in Janelle’s case, we know how she does it.

Of the four Sister Wives married to Kody Brown, Janelle — wife #2 — is the definitely the worker bee.

HollywoodLife.com has learned that Janelle is listed as being the sole proprietor for a company called E Z Pantry, which is listed under Janelle Brown & People Pantry Incorporated. It’s located in Midvale, a suburb of Salt Lake City.

Papers we have obtained on the company says it does business “to provide, market, design, sell or trade in the food storage industry.” Food storage — just the kind of thing a two-dozen-strong household needs.

This makes Janelle the only employed woman in the family.  Christine Brown is a homemaker, Meri Brown lost her job after appearing on the show, and Robyn Brown is looking for work.

Husband Kody has had two different businesses under his name alone over the years. He is listed as having a now defunct company called Bricksoft, a custom computer programming company, and Das Hundaus Firearms and Accessories.

The Browns also have a company that encompasses seventeen of its twenty members; that company is called Kody Brown Family Entertainment LLC.

Charlie

Posted at 12:19 PM on September 4, 2013

Janelle you are so strong I hope I can be half the woman you are someday ,and you are doing so well with your weight loss looking good keep up the good work .😃

Dee

Posted at 9:30 PM on October 22, 2012

When are they coming back on?

benitajudith bender

Posted at 3:51 PM on December 30, 2012

It is truly surprising to me and my husband that these lovely women continue to support Kody!! They keep trying to build businesses to help ALL of the family while HE jumps from bed to bed!! Is he independently wealthy or just does he see himself as God’s gift to the opposite sex? Yes, he’d “cute” for an aging man, but, that is not what I or our family deems as a contributor, husband, anyone who truly cares for the well being of not only his ladies (AND I DO MEAN LADIES BECAUSE THEY ALL SEEM TO BE AND ARE GENUINE) and children. There has not been anytime when he appears to be “working!” Just what does he contribute except sperm!?! My heart goes out to all of those lovely women who put up with this garbage! Have as many husbands as you want–just make use you are all on the same page!! Kody IS NOT!! What a ride he has! I have probably stepped on a lot of toes. I TRULY want all of the ladies and those wonderful children to be happy, healthy and well! Judy

Shannon

Posted at 1:47 AM on June 28, 2012

??what?? Grammar please!

Marla McLeod

Posted at 9:37 PM on May 21, 2012

Hey didnt u see the episode about another mega reality show family the Duggars where Michelle swears that over population is a myth..u could fit all the world’s population in some area of FL? You know Michelle, blessed as she is with all that pious living has to be right..I mean they are all sooo well educated…You are right no one should parent that many children but I like the Browns but am disgusted by the Duggars.

leah

Posted at 11:21 PM on May 20, 2012

His car is fifteen yrs old and he got it from a junk ysrd and fixed it up

Kent McMillen

Posted at 10:12 PM on July 8, 2012

It seems to me to be selfish, that Kody, with 16 children, and 4 wives, would drive a car that only seats 2 people!

leah

Posted at 11:15 PM on May 20, 2012

Do your research before bashing these great people janelle has two businesses and kody has three, they have a great income mr. Bob your just jelous because they are happy and support themselves

Kent McMillen

Posted at 10:19 PM on July 8, 2012

If they have 5 businesses, why did they get turned down for a loan, to buy 4 lots, and build 4 houses? Additionally, it seems unlikely that 2 workers coulld support 22 people, and 4 houses.

Jivey (@sjivey)

Posted at 7:47 PM on November 19, 2012

I think you should research that for yourself honey. That pantry company that they both are vice presidents at has no information about it what so ever not even a website i looked it found a few other pantry food Co. Janelle Brown & People Pantry Incorporated. look it up see what you get
Cody owns this Kody Brown Family Entertainment LLC his reality show that’s it. I know you want to think these people are so great an all but they have no jobs but the reality show. last season they was trying to be real estate sales people every season something new. All I heard for jobs was sisters closet all that is Drop shipped merchandise. or its cheap stuff they have no money to buy inventory look at the website its cheap no advertising

sd

Posted at 10:29 PM on February 6, 2014

u have a point.

leah

Posted at 11:11 PM on May 20, 2012

I think their family is awsome and I look forward to every episode I’m not mormon but I would be if I could find someone as great as kody

Kent McMillen

Posted at 10:22 PM on July 8, 2012

Can you honestly say you would willingly ‘share” your husband with other women? I am a retired victim advocate, and have never encountered a woman that did not object to her husbands philandering.

Houston Lady

Posted at 8:47 PM on December 30, 2012

I’d share Adam M. Any day (guy in Houston).

Bob

Posted at 2:41 AM on November 15, 2011

First, it’s very well known that polygamists believe the welfare system was created just for them. That’s been documented on numerous TV shows and in books about the religion.
But, beyond that, let’s do a little math. They presently reside in four houses in the suburbs of Las Vegas that are large enough to accomodate (now) 17 people. You’ve got to figure each place rents for at least $2,000 per month plus utilities. Figure utilities at least $200 per month each. We’re already at $8,800 per month just for housing.
Add to that the cost of feeding and clothing 17 people. That’s got to add about $100.00 per month per person (that’s only $3.50 per day per person)or an additional $1,700. So now we’re at $10,500 per month. Medical insurance, even if they qualified for a group policy, I couldn’t even begin to imagine. Then there’s the cost of, at least, three cars, two of which are large, the fancy watches and clothing, then the trips and entertainment.
The cost of providing for that “family” has to be in the neighborhood of $150,000 per year. There’s no way in hell that Kody is working to earn that much money because with the family and the TV show, he couldn’t possibly have time.
So, either TLC is paying them a lot of money or it’s coming from you and I, folks! Either way, I’m feeling ripped off!

Shaun

Posted at 10:30 PM on October 29, 2011

I guarantee that three of the women are getting food stamps, probably around 2000.00 a month total for the household. Thats enough money to buy groceries if they clip coupons. All of the children receive medicaid if they want it as every child in America is entitled to free healthcare until age 18. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had gotten 50 thousand per show for the first season and now that it is a hit I would guess they receive around 200 thousand per show now. Add in interviews both foreign and domestic and I’m sure the network picks up the tab for some of the trips like the cabin trip, restaurants etc. as business expenses. They are doing just fine and I can see a book deal or two in the future, I like them alot.

SUZANNE BLACK

Posted at 7:13 PM on October 23, 2011

No one, I repeat, no one should father almost 20 kids on this poor, overburdened earth. Kody and family seem like nice people, but they have too many children. It’s interesting that Robin is younger and slimmer than the other three. Personally, I feel this “religion” was invented my MEN who wanted unlimited sexual access to a number of different women.

lynnravena

Posted at 12:41 AM on May 2, 2011

Welfare benefits, really people. Just because you are not married to someone and you have kids with them does not mean you cannot put the kid on your health insurance. They say that they do not get welfare. I am quite sure that someone would not lie about that on national t.v., they are not stupid. The individual wives that are not legally married to him probably have their own individual policy. That is not that expensive. And as far as food I can feed a family that size with coupons and penny penching very easy. Janelle and Kody both have really good jobs. The house is nice but really is just a tri-family.(nothing to fancy)

Anonymous

Posted at 9:19 PM on May 23, 2011

Christine Brown filed bankruptcy and indicated she received food stamps in 2010 and 2009. So she lied. Also, Kody filed bankruptcy in 2005 and he lied about how many kids he had. He lied to a federal judge and committed a federal crime, so you really think he won’t lie on national TV?

Alisa

Posted at 11:46 AM on March 31, 2011

Lets face it its not are besny how they take cair of the kids so culm down if some one poke there noise in my life I would be mad and all you guy would to

abcme

Posted at 12:06 PM on October 20, 2010

In addition to the vacation, cars, home, there is also a hospital birth. Health insurance is expensive. There also was the wedding and all of thoses costs. He also offered his first wife, invitro as an anniversary gift. A second home for his fourth wife and all of her expenses. All of the restaurant trips, dates. There is alot of money being spent. I don’t particularly care about the personal part of their marriage but if they are receiving any sort of assistance, even if its just healthcare, then it makes it wrong. Then their choice becomes our business.

inquestion

Posted at 4:58 PM on October 19, 2010

this guy wears nice clothes, has several nice watches, I believe I saw him wearing a Rolex, and a nice car. The vacation he took his real wife to in MX was not cheap, am sure. The place he took her to dinner was not chap, am sure. Where does he get all this money from?

gldnbrown

Posted at 1:48 PM on November 9, 2010

Even prior to receiving a salary from TLC, how were all of these children fed, clothed and housed. The 3 additional wives are not considered married so they can collect welfare assistance, such as food stamps and medical cards, because their mothers are single parents. Robyn is not working and residing in a separate residence. Who is payin the rent on that house? If Kody were to die today, only Meri and her daughter would have control over Kody’s estate. Don’t these other wives get this? Welfare recipients are very common amongst polygamy. This was verified through Dateline or 20/20 years ago.

Melu

Posted at 12:20 PM on October 15, 2010

Since they don’t seem to have employment I’m wonder exactly how are they making ends meet? TLC probably doesn’t pay them enough to cover all the bills, food, medical expenses, clothes, toiletries, etc. Welfare fraud much?

Betty

Posted at 9:54 PM on October 30, 2011

Cody stated that he cashed in his retirement in order to move the family and afford housing.

DON

Posted at 7:09 PM on October 31, 2011

I WOULDN’T BE SO OFFENDED IF PAPPA CODY WERE DRIVING A HUNDAI OR TOYOTA , BUT HE’S DRIVING A LEXUS SPORTS CAR THAT IS VERY IMPRACTICAL IN HIS SITUATION (17 KIDS). I’ve got two kids and don’t drive an $80,000 car. THE WHOLE THING IS A JOKE. I HAVE A HARD TIME WATCHING KNOWING THAT SOCIETY IS PAYING FOR THIS SELF CENTERED PERVERT. IT’S SHAMEFUL. I HOPE THAT ONE OF THE FINAL EPISODES OF THE SHOW IS HIM IN HANDCUFF ON HIS WAY TO JAIL.

Deb

Posted at 9:09 AM on January 2, 2012

I so agree. I am watching this stupid show on TLC today, marathon no less, and they are all full of it! Please buying all those homes and furnishing them with the best furniture and then out to dinner to present a ring they bought? Seriously, and not one of them breaks a sweat thinking about the bills that will come in from these expenses.

Angelbane

Posted at 9:39 AM on May 30, 2012

I am sick to death of complaints of welfare fraud. There is much more open and blatant fraud in other demographics actually most welfare recipients are committing fraud but no one is up in arms about that. Additionally it could only be fraud because they aren’t allowed to married in the manner that their religion allows which honestly is their constitutional right

Janet

Posted at 3:04 PM on June 30, 2014

there are tons of men with one legal wife and multiple women on the side – the only difference is that meri is ok with it. it’s the poly wives that allow and perpetuate plural marriage. people like Meri who allow their husband to take bring their girlfriends to live with them. What guy wouldn’t want to have sex with multiple women – most i would bet – but they don’t get to have their way because mono woman won’t put up with it.
what’s with the herpes – this family seems to always have scabs around their mouths