BFF ALERT! Demi Lovato Says: 'I'll Defend Miley For The Rest Of My Life!'

Fri, October 15, 2010 1:35pm EDT by 13 Comments
Getty Images
Loading video...

Disney darling Demi Lovato is on the defense when it comes to the backlash her BFF, Miley Cyrus, is receiving for her new racy ways.

It’s no secret that 17-year-old Miley Cyrus has been taking a radical new route with her image. Her revealing outfits, sexy videos and older boyfriends have raised eyebrows with parents who used to encourage their little girls to emulate her once squeaky-clean image.

Amid all the controversy, Demi Lovato, 18, is standing up for Miley and making sure the media doesn’t trash talk her former frenemy turned BFF.

When Access Hollywood caught up with Demi at the American Music Award nomination announcement ceremony, she warned reporter Laura Saltman to tread carefully when talking about Miley.

“She’s my best friend so you better watch out,” she told Laura when asked about Miley’s new image. “I think she looks stunning and I will defend her 100% for the rest of my life.”

Demi says change is inevitable especially when you are living life in the spotlight.

“I feel as you get older you change your image anyway,” she said. “My hair is somewhat blonde now. I just like change. That’s the exciting thing about the industry. You can change your music, you can change your image, you can do whatever you want.

Demi has noticeably taken on a more grown-up appearance, but she says it doesn’t mean she’ll be ditching her mouse ears anytime soon.

“For me it’s not necessarily breaking away from anything. I want to stay with Disney Channel for as long as possible because they’ve been amazing to me and the fans are incredible. I just want to have music now that older people can like too.”

It’s nice to see best friends sticking up for one another! Do YOU think Demi is right to defend Miley?

Aimee Curran

Joe Jonas's Girl

Posted at 6:39 PM on October 20, 2010

Demi shouldn’t defend Miley h*e Cyrus. They both have no talent.

shelsea

Posted at 8:18 PM on October 17, 2010

she is growing up wether you like it or not and if people stoped following her arond all the time they might not find things aout her much disturbing

Heeeyyohhh

Posted at 2:55 PM on October 17, 2010

That was extremely awkwaard.
Buut i’m really glaad she did it becaause its truee . Miley is a good person soo people really need to hop off her saackk .

Amy

Posted at 3:39 PM on October 16, 2010

AWKWARD. She comes off as snob…and I’m sure she’s not friends with Taylor. Someone as sweet as Taylor would never be friends with someone as high-maintenance as Demi Lovato. Taylor is friends with Selena.

LA LA LAND

Posted at 10:06 PM on October 18, 2010

How is she high maintenance? And how do you know her personality, when you don’t know her, Selena, OR Taylor personally? No. Demi and Taylor could be friends right now…you don’t know that..and if defending a friend being a snob, well, no offense intended, but you need to grow up.

Edgar

Posted at 10:19 AM on October 16, 2010

To me….. what can I say? I HATE Miley, but as long as Demi is happy with being buds with her then I’m okay with who she is friends with!! I don’t even know if Demi should even stick with Disney anymore. Why? Because she’s making music that not only kids can enjoy, but parents as well.. Demi is taking the more classy and powerful route than where Miley is going (the sexual route, which I don’t even like at all), and I STRONGLY feel that once she gets out of Disney, she will be an even BIGGER hit than ANYONE in the Disney Co. Please, Demi, STOP WORRYING ABOUT EVERYBODY ELSE, AND STAY STRONG AT WHAT YOU DO BEST, WHICH IS MAKING GOOD MUSIC!!!

Fail.

Posted at 5:40 AM on October 16, 2010

What happened to Selena? -_-

Avalen

Posted at 6:22 PM on October 15, 2010

Demi, an advice to you my dear. Don´t rush making this statement, wait until you both fighting over with the same man!

Warren

Posted at 5:28 PM on October 15, 2010

I’ll defend Miley for the rest of my life too, as long as the worst thing she does is be sexy, which as a guy that loves Miley, sexy is a good thing! Miley’s voice is sexy too. Miley is beautiful!

Whatever!

Posted at 1:46 PM on October 15, 2010

Why doesn’t this site mention that Miley donated TEN bags of clothes to a homeless shelter a few days ago?! Oh wait they only report they “HORRIBLE” behavior Miley does.

SHOCKER!!

Davis

Posted at 4:48 PM on October 15, 2010

and its not even that horrible

Allie

Posted at 5:13 AM on October 16, 2010

I agree with you there!

ashley

Posted at 4:46 AM on October 17, 2010

yea u r absolutely right. maybe miley is going a bit far,that dosent mean she is not good at heart.
and all people just want to bring miley down.they want to ruin her life just like britney spears.
these people dont mention the good things miley has done.
sick people!