'Vampire Diaries' News! 'Supernatural' Actress Lauren Cohan Is Damon's New Love Interest, Rose! Vote: Is She Better For Him Than Elena?

Thu, October 14, 2010 4:55pm EDT by 48 Comments

Speak up, Delena fans! Tell us who YOU think Damon belongs with: Elena or newcomer Rose?

As much as I want to see Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) end up with Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) on The Vampire Diaries, it sounds like my dream couple will have to wait. Zap2it’s Carina MacKenzie just revealed that Supernatural actress Lauren Cohan is joining the Diaries as a love interest for — wait for it — Damon! Lauren will play Rose, a vampire who’s 500+ years old and a “tough girl,” according to a source. “Maybe there’s some humanity left in her — have fun finding it.”

The source says Rose will arrive in Mystic Falls on the eighth episode this season, aptly titled “Rose” — and I, for one, am totally dreading that day. Damon and Elena’s sexual tension is undeniable and we do NOT need this Rose chick flying in and messing that up!

But what do YOU think? Does Damon need a hot vamp like Rose to get over Katherine… or is Elena all the woman he’ll ever need? Vote below, and drop me your thoughts in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

bamonlover

Posted at 5:01 PM on November 8, 2010

Sorry he belongs with bonnie he doesnt need to be with someon who love his brother and him to not again but kat never loved him only stefan so that different with the Kat thing.

ika

Posted at 6:41 PM on November 5, 2010

I love DELENA and I really want them together.. They are for me best couple in the world.. But I love Damon and he is sad, because Elena does not want him, so if he will be happier with someone else, I hold him in. By the way – Rose seems nice.. And finally that between Elena and Damon still entangled. Because.. What would the series be about? :) Elena begins to discover why she has a necklace and.. I think we will have a lot of fun with this love triangle (or square – if I assume Kat too) =D

youdontneedtoknow

Posted at 6:19 PM on October 30, 2010

ELENA ND DAMON ARE FRIKEN MENT TO BEEE!

Nata

Posted at 2:01 PM on October 20, 2010

Katelin1208, you’re wrong! chemistry is always about eye sex and attractiveness! Chemistry is always about passion. All those boring things like similarities are good for quiet family life. I don’t think that quiet family life is the exact thing a girl of 17 needs))) At this age she needs emotions, passion, sex with a REAL man)))
Delena always!!!!

Katelin1208

Posted at 11:39 AM on October 21, 2010

@Nata

LOL Your post made me laugh. Sorry hun, but chemistry really is NOT all about eye sex and attractiveness. That wouild be physical chemsistry. Relationships are about emotional chemistry.

Similarities are important for any relationship, not just quite family life.
Elena has emotions and passion with Stefan. Some of their moments have been epic! they are completely in love and when they touch, I can feel both the physical and emotional connection.

Your post is really immature, and just proves my point. Once you grow up and experience love, maybe youwill understand.

Samantha

Posted at 5:24 PM on October 23, 2010

I love your comment :D

Katelin1208

Posted at 12:50 PM on October 16, 2010

Ugh. I am so sick of Delena Delena Delena… There is nothing to indicate that they will be endgame. I’m not saynig it can’t happen, but I am sick to death of everyone justifying Damon’s outrageous, horrific behaviour, just because sometimes he does good things (mostly when it benefits him). Damon is NOT the right choice for Elena, Elena values human lief and humanity, Damon does not. Elena wants to live a human life, Damon embraces his vampire nature… Clearly Stefan is right for Elean, they share the same values and morals, they both are compassionate, caring people who try to protect those they love.

Delena is popular because Ian is sexy, and the ‘bad boy’ image is attractive to some girls and women (Why, I couldnt even begin to explain). Chemistry is not just about eye sex and attractiveness, it is about similarities in personality, valuing the same things, connecting on a deeper level than just physical….

Stelena Always!

Sierra

Posted at 6:56 PM on October 21, 2010

YES!!!! You said it all.

Theangelgirl1992

Posted at 6:46 AM on October 16, 2010

Even though I want him with Bonnie, I don´t mind some Damon and Rose. Who knows maybe I will ship then FOR A WHILE

Oksana

Posted at 5:31 AM on October 16, 2010

Delena, Delena and Delena

Secret Lover

Posted at 10:46 PM on October 15, 2010

He belongs with no one except ME!!! Kidding. :) If I had to choose, it would be all for DELENA. Caroline and Stefan seem good together too. There was this episode like from 2-3 weeks ago where they hung out. Caroline finally brought the fun, smiling side of him more…instead of Elena giving him forehead wrinkles. Stefan needs to have fun a bit more!

Rose

Posted at 2:52 PM on October 15, 2010

Yes! I want Damon and Rose! Yes!

ElenaG

Posted at 2:08 PM on October 15, 2010

Delena all the way.

Stephanie

Posted at 1:43 PM on October 15, 2010

Pshh…Rose would just be a lustful quick lay at most…and to possibly make Elena jealous a bit? ;) we’ll see. But Rose should be nothing more than that.

Mary

Posted at 1:43 PM on October 15, 2010

I think Damon will be with Elena.

Лера

Posted at 12:56 PM on January 4, 2011

Да!!!!!!!!!!!!Дэймон должен быть с Еленой!!!!!!1

brenda

Posted at 1:33 PM on October 15, 2010

DELENA
BUT THEN I WANT ROSE TO MAKE ELENA JEALOUS OF DAMON

CANT WAIT

Katie

Posted at 10:27 AM on October 15, 2010

Delena all the way.

Rose is going to be Damon’s lust partner and she’s not going to be there long anyway, she’s hardly a threat, same goes for Bonnie.

Shannyn

Posted at 9:40 AM on October 15, 2010

Well I can’t wait to see Lauren on tv again, yay for her!! I’m really excited.
I don’t watch Vampire Diaries…so I am not gonna say who belongs w/ who,etc. All I know is Lauren is gonna be great, as she always is. The poll is stupid, of course fans of the show are not going to pick Rose…I felt the same way about several of the shows I watched. Of course you want your main characters to be together. But these things get dragged out…so in the meantime enjoy the amazing Lauren Cohan coming to the show. I know I will.

Yasmin

Posted at 8:01 PM on October 28, 2010

Here here! I loved Lauren in Supernatural.She had great chemistry with Jensen Ackles and I hope the same applies with Ian. Either way, I am looking forward to watching Lauren – She is a talented and amazing actress.

Lil

Posted at 9:49 PM on October 14, 2010

It’s always going to be Damon and Elena. <3

And I gotta say, I'm getting tired of these polls. lol. There have been 3 in the past 2 weeks.

Elena and Damon. Damon and Elena. They are where it's at.

Sunny Days Ahead

Posted at 8:48 PM on October 14, 2010

Don’t be ridiculous. Rose has not even appeared on the show yet. The arrival of Rose is just another hurtle to jump before victory is achieved. Damon and Elena will be together, count on it.

delena

Posted at 8:31 PM on October 14, 2010

Elena and Damon are soo cute just like ian and nina
And all you people who are dissing the dalena fans, can be quiet because they’re not even following the book very much. Its still a mystery who elena will end up with.
HOPEFULLY ITS DAMON!

Who cares

Posted at 7:05 PM on October 14, 2010

How can you even do a poll without seeing how the two interact? This is definitely a one-sided deal here. That’s why in the title it says “Speak up Delena fans.” Apparently their opinions are the only ones that matters, please. In the books Elena never really is with Damon she even always thinks of Stefan and calls him her soul mate. Damon needs his own first love and stop trying to be a relationship third wheeler.

Andy

Posted at 10:54 PM on October 14, 2010

If by one-sided, you mean I’m a shameless Elena/Damon shipper, then yeah… guilty.

Sam

Posted at 12:24 AM on October 17, 2010

Are you kidding? The books are not finished!!! And at L.J. Smith blog and on August 7th she posted:
Okay, one more thing: Delena fans, you are depressing me. Read my lips. You have NO REASON to think that Stefan will win the girl. But this is a series, and with three new books coming you can understand that I can’t have Elena choose one of the boys just yet. There wouldn’t be much of a love triangle left if I did.

And Elena calls each other (D/E) Twin Flames.
About Soulmates, hasn’t it been told that you can have more than one Soulmate in life? The whole Twin Flame theory is very strong & difficult to find in life. Just cuz Stelena may be Soulmates doesn’t mean they will end up together.

Also, when Elena had that dream about Damon in Shadow Souls, she called him her Soul Eternal Mate, which sounds stronger IMO

Anything can happen…

Silvia

Posted at 6:39 PM on October 14, 2010

This is to add more sex to the show, and hey Damon needs some lovin’! We haven’t seen him do ANYTHING like that since Katherine in the beginning of the season, we need more Damon scenes like that. Even though Elena is definitely the one for him, him getting some action with Rose isn’t going to change that. Hey, it might even work to our advantage! What if it makes Elena jealous?? :D that’d be good, eh??

Anna

Posted at 6:36 PM on October 14, 2010

ELENA AND DAMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that girl isn’t going to be anything special….just sex! :D

jenny

Posted at 6:14 PM on October 14, 2010

well, yeah we need another girl this delena fans are crazy it seems they want write the show, and that it is so awful and boring…

I miss the time when a history in tv show was full of surprises now the fans are so crazy that the historys are so predictible and depends of the crazy fans…

Yeah

Posted at 6:59 PM on October 14, 2010

seriesly?

Andy

Posted at 10:56 PM on October 14, 2010

Haha, hey, in our defense, we still love the show.

Elizabeth

Posted at 5:48 PM on October 14, 2010

I think this will be good to occupy Damon for a little while. What’s better then the female version of Damon. This could be interesting. I can’t wait to see where this leads. Love TVD!

klio

Posted at 5:36 PM on October 14, 2010

Elena will always be Damons great love , nothing will change that!

K

Posted at 5:08 PM on October 14, 2010

He’s just gonna get laid. Him and Rose are nothing.