KIRSTIN SAYS: Oh, No! Taylor Swift Wants Another Girl's Groom In Her New Single, 'Speak Now' — Is She The New Home Wrecker?

Tue, October 12, 2010 10:39am EDT by 6 Comments
Loading video...

Oy vey! Taylor Swift has come a long way from lusting after other girls’ boyfriends! In her new single, “Speak Now,” she actually sings about taking someone’s fiance!

My girl, Taylor Swift, isn’t a teenager anymore –and boy, oh boy have the stakes been raised! In one of her most popular hits from her last album, “You Belong With Me,” the country music crooner chided her crush for being with the wrong girlfriend — but now the 20-year-old pop star has released her new single, “Speak Now,” about stopping a guy as he walks down the aisle! Is good girl Taylor Swift a home wrecker now? Sounds like it!

Check out these lyrics:

I am not the kind of girl
Who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion
But you are not the kind of boy
Who should be marrying the wrong girl

Don’t say yes, run away now
I’ll meet you when you’re out of the church at the backdoor
Don’t wait or say a single vow
You need to hear me out and they said speak now

This is where it really gets dicey:

She floats down the aisle like a pageant queen
But I know you wish it was me, you wish it was me
Don’t you?

Yikes! I don’t know who in the world Taylor is talking about, but let’s hope she’s just thinking these thoughts and not actually acting on them!

That said, I have to admit I LOVE the new song, which was released Oct. 5. If Imogen Heap and Lily Allen were to have a country baby, it would sound like this. Plus, as a die-hard Taylor Swift fan, it’s nice to hear her growing up and evolving into a more mature artist. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t had the same thoughts she’s singing about in “Speak Now” — it’s brutal watching people say vows when you know in your heart they aren’t made for each other.

Taylor’s much-anticipated album, Speak Now, drops Oct. 25…are YOU excited?

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Check out more from our BFFs at Glamour.com!

1. The Dos and Don’ts of Smoky Eye Makeup
  2. Celebrity Fitness Tips: the Exact Workout Moves to Get the Star Body You Want
  3. The DOs and DON’Ts of Being Single