KIRSTIN SAYS: Bristol Palin FINALLY Cracked A Joke & Jennifer Grey Scored This Season's First 2 Perfect 10s On 'DWTS!'

Tue, October 12, 2010 3:42am EDT by 11 Comments

Courtesy of ABC

After three painful weeks, Bristol The Pistol turned on the charm — especially when she was filming the segment at home with her little boy, Tripp! She even cracked a joke! Plus, Jennifer Grey tore up the dance floor out dancing the much younger contestants!

Bristol Palin seems like a sweet enough girl, but for a “Pistol,” she certainly lacks heat! Throughout the last three weeks, the 19-year-old “advocate” has bored me to tears with her lackluster dances and one word interviews — but she finally made some headway Oct. 11 during the pre-taped segment! Filmed at her house with her toddler, Tripp, and her professional dance partner, Mark Ballas, Bristol was laid back and witty, and for the first time, I actually LIKED her!

Yep. I admitted it. Without further ado, check out the Bristol moment – plus my five other favs including Jennifer Grey‘s incredible moves on the dance floor earning her two perfect 10s — below:

• Bristol cracked me up when she was discussing dancing with her partner, Mark, in her living room to show her 21-month-old boy, Tripp. “Tripp really loved it,” she said to the camera. “I just wish he was old enough to vote.” Lol! Too bad her dance wasn’t as entertaining as her segment.
  • Jennifer and Derek Hough‘s rumba was practically flawless. I loved the whole thing, and so did the judges, who gave her 56/60 and the season’s first two perfect 10s. I still can’t believe she’s 50-years-old — it’s freaky! She definitely out danced her much younger opponents!

• Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino pulled at my heart strings yet again. Sure, his dance was painful, but he’s just so gosh darn earnest. “That’s definitely a situation, I’ll be honest,” he said after finishing his horrendous dance, which was the lowest scoring performance of the night with 28/60. “I had fun out there and was training hard. And as long as Karina’s in one piece, that’s all that matters.”
  • Florence Henderson needs to stop trying to push the envelope and be sexy. Tonight, she practically raped her partner on live television and it might have scarred me (and the rest of America) for life. Judge Carrie Ann Inaba couldn’t have said it better. “What just happened? You’re Mrs. Brady!” she exclaimed. “What was that? I actually got a little uncomfortable.” Agreed.
  • Am I delusional (highly possible) or was Judge Judy in the studio audience?? At one point, I could have sworn the cameras panned to my favorite judge sitting pretty in the front row. If it was really her, that was one of my six top moments. If it wasn’t, then I only have five favs today. Apologies.
  • Even though I thought Brandy was rude when Maksim surprised her with a romantic date (he looked HOT! How dare she be mean?), I LOVED her rumba. The song was beautiful; her lines were beautiful…and for the first time this season, I wanted to vote for her. I would have given them a 54 out of 60, instead of a 48!
  • What did you guys think? Who should stay…and more importantly right now, who should go?

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Bigand Tawl

Posted at 6:26 AM on October 13, 2010

Bristol Palin is fascinating. What a beauty!

mimi tholsted

Posted at 1:05 PM on October 12, 2010

I think “The Situation” should stay a little more, I know he is not the best, but he is so intertaining with his funny funny way,…and feet… keep him a little longer…..let Florence get the boot, she is too embarressing, no classe and not sexy at all, she is a big misunderstanding!!! she went down the wrong way, she is desperate, and thats unconfortable to watch!!!

Cheung

Posted at 12:09 PM on October 12, 2010

Brandy was terrible! She didn’t have the proper hip action or footwork for rumba. Her hands fly around erratically. She looked like Caspar the Ghost.

omg

Posted at 12:39 PM on October 12, 2010

Hahahahahaha

JHuss

Posted at 10:23 AM on October 12, 2010

It was judge judy!! Also one of the middle Brady boy was there too…the one that married the chick from Americas Next Top Model….I think Mike will get the boot this week and if our girl Bristol does not step up with the acting she will be gone next week I have a feeling.

Kay

Posted at 10:01 AM on October 12, 2010

The Situation has bad feet problems, he is so crow footed that he can’t walk a straight line if his life depended on it. As for Florence Henderson acting like she was ready to rape her partner, she needs to act like the granny she is and just dance. I found it disgusting and not entertaining at all.

Barbara

Posted at 5:12 PM on October 12, 2010

The rumba is a very slow dance, and its interpretation can be either romantic (which Florence should have gone with) or sexy-sensual (which Florence and Corky chose and unfortunately came across as sleazy).

Maria

Posted at 9:34 AM on October 12, 2010

Jennifer didn’t Rumba, she did the Argentine Tango w/ Derek.

nicebags

Posted at 9:28 AM on October 12, 2010

Hello,everybody,the good shoping place,In the summer, click in. Let’s facelift bar! www. “N-i-c-e-g-r-a-d-e-b-a-g-s”
    SHOES,$88
    L V,G U C C I ,C H A N E L, HAND-BAGS,
    Free to pay the freight, 100% Free S pping

scarla

Posted at 8:54 AM on October 12, 2010

I wouldn’t got so far as to say that Bristol ‘turned on the charm’….she was like a big-old log laying there on the dance floor.

All charm credit goes to her little guy….he was adorable…poor Bristol has to resort to the ‘cute baby’ to bring out the vote.

Jennifer Gray for the win….just give her the mirror ball trophy now !!

tinamarie

Posted at 8:20 AM on October 12, 2010

Jennifer and Derrick did a Tango..Just saying..