Taylor Swift Opens Up On Her Awkward Encounter With Ex Taylor Lautner — Just Weeks After Their Split!'

Mon, October 11, 2010 1:56pm EDT by 24 Comments
Getty Images (2)

Getty Images (2)

What’s it like to sit six seats away from your hot celebrity ex- boyfriend at a big public event? Taylor Swift tell you here!

Taylor Swift has never been one to hide her feelings, pouring her emotions into everything from bad break-ups to her infamous run-in with Kanye West at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. Now, the superstar singer is talking about her break-up with Twilight star Taylor Lautner — and having to see him at an awards show just a few weeks later!

Taylor sat down with New York Magazine and said of the incident, “It was at an awards show and there had been this falling-out between me and this guy. I think both of us had so much that we wanted to say, but we’re sitting six seats away from each other, just fighting this silent war of ‘I don’t care that you’re here.’ I remember getting home and sitting at the kitchen table and saying to my mom, ‘It was like I was standing alone in a crowded room.’ That’s when my eyes glazed over and I got distracted and walked away to write. My mom is used to me doing that.”

That song became “The Story of Us,” and, while it should be said no one is 100% sure this story is about Taylor, does anyone else fit the bill?

What do you think of Taylor’s admission HollywoodLifers?

Vea

Posted at 9:28 PM on August 17, 2013

I wish taylor swift will come here in philippines because taylor lautner is here in philippines

I'mbalatong16

Posted at 9:22 PM on August 17, 2013

I want u guys will back 2gether because you 2 are the perfect couple and i’m the #1 fan of your relationship

>fight for your love…
>back 2gether
I expected

Christine

Posted at 2:39 AM on June 13, 2013

I don’t think the song waz ’bout taylor lautner.i guess u still have feelings 4 taylor.l n i guess he feels the same 4 u. I wish u guys were together. caz u guys are great couples.i will always be u’r fans t & t

abby

Posted at 11:08 PM on April 10, 2012

if anyone knows the email please give it to me selena gomez
thanks

Toria

Posted at 8:29 PM on February 5, 2012

Well ya does anyone stick with me plz comment me back
^_^

Rebbeka

Posted at 9:45 PM on February 5, 2012

Ya I agree with you

Toria

Posted at 8:30 PM on February 4, 2012

Well..honestly I think it’s great you guys Broke up i’m srry Taylor and Taylor I’m huge fans of both of you and I’m 10 and I think Taylor laughtner is hot and i’m kina jeoulese of you Taylor swift and that’s why I’m glad u guys Broke up:)
well ya BYE!! :)

Rebecca

Posted at 11:38 PM on October 18, 2010

I think Story of Us is about Joe Jonas. It just makes the most sense.

a girl

Posted at 11:42 PM on October 15, 2010

no i dont think that song is about him.

Hilda

Posted at 11:27 AM on October 12, 2010

POR K NO PUEDE VER ALGUIEN K ESCRIBA EN ESPAÑOL CREO K SOY LA UNICA SI XK NO LES ENTIENDO PERO BUENO
PERO K TIENE CONTAL DE TODABIA CONOCER A JUSTIN BIEBER ESTOY FELIZ
Y LOVE YOU JUSTIN BIEBER…♥♥♥

Locke

Posted at 10:11 AM on October 12, 2010

How have you guys not picked up the fact that she used to hook up with John Mayer on the down low? The answer is always John Mayer. Even that song she performed at the VMAs was about him!!

anna

Posted at 11:56 AM on May 28, 2011

….no it wasn’t….dear john was about john mayer, innocent is about kanye west.

heather

Posted at 6:38 PM on October 11, 2010

‘back to december’ is about lautner obviously. i think ‘the story of us’ is about joe bec. there have been a fallout between them and remember AMA 2008, they both there. talking about awkward. can’t wait for the cd!!! omg! going to buy the regular and the deluxe one!!!! omg!!!!

Judy

Posted at 6:28 PM on October 11, 2010

I dont think this is about Taylor L. because ‘Back to December’ is definitly about him and she wouldn’t write two completely different kind of songs about the same person

Anisha

Posted at 6:38 PM on October 11, 2010

I think both songs are about Taylor L. This song is about them at the People’s Choice Awards. She has no problems calling out Joe’s name on a song about him. But she feels guilty about the way she treated Taylor L. because SHE is in the wrong so she doesn’t directly say his name. It’s Taylor L.

debian

Posted at 6:21 PM on October 11, 2010

I would say that song is about Joe, not Lautner. From what I know, the Taylor’s never really had time of awkwardness. They kind of just accepted their differences but with Joe, it was a whole different story. They had a lot unsaid that they probably did not feel comfortable talking about.

mary

Posted at 5:55 PM on October 11, 2010

The original article at nymag.com mentions it was at a recent awards ceremony, so I don’t think the 2008 Grammys qualifies. But who knows, we’ll get a better idea once the song is released. and yes, Back to December is clearly about Lautner.

Amy

Posted at 5:35 PM on October 11, 2010

“Back to December” is clearly about Taylor Lautner as she mentions his tan haha. “The Story of Us” is about Joe Jonas…remember they had just broken up and both performed at the American Music Awards back in 08? They were both sitting in the same place that night.

Gooner

Posted at 4:44 PM on October 11, 2010

The Story Of Us could be about Lautner and it could very well be about Jonas. I’m leaning towards it being about Lautner. Mainly because I don’t see Taylor being upset after an awards show because Joe made her feel like she was “standing alone in a crowded room”. But who knows…

Back To December could also be about Lautner. But it could very well be about someone we don’t know. Who’s to say the song is about a recent relationship??? Sparks Fly is on Speak Now and that song was written YEARS ago.

mary

Posted at 4:20 PM on October 11, 2010

It could definitely be about TL. If you guys remember the People’s Choice Awards, her description fits it perfectly. It was a few weeks after their “breakup”, and her and Lautner were seated on opposite ends of the same row looking quite awkward.

Vanessa

Posted at 2:55 PM on October 11, 2010

joe jonas fits the description. the song about Taylor and Taylor is back to december. one of the lyrics is ” I miss your tan and your sweet. . .”

Deliah

Posted at 3:38 PM on October 11, 2010

your sweet.. what? haha. where did you get the lyrics from? I need to see them!

ALEX

Posted at 11:11 AM on March 2, 2013

your sweet smile …. The song is called “Back to December”

lisa

Posted at 2:31 PM on October 11, 2010

are u sure its about him?? I thought Swift said they were on very good terms after breaking up? she thinks he’s ‘wonderful’ and everything? oh well, i’m lookiing forward to her CD and I love you Taylor L:D he is so awesome