'Sister Wives' Star Kody Brown Is Being Shunned By His Home Community In Utah!

Fri, October 8, 2010 10:18am EDT by 8 Comments

We’ve been telling you local Mormons in the Brown’s town of Lehi, Utah are completely divided, but new reports suggest Kody is taking big heat from community leaders.

Kody Brown might be regretting his decision to air his multi-wife lifestyle on a reality TV show. The star of TLC’s Sister Wives is at the center of a polygamy investigation in Lehi, Utah, where he currently resides with his four wives and sixteen children. It turns out Kody approached his Utah church “community leader” before starting to film the seven part documentary series, but TMZ reports Kody did not get his blessing.

We recently told you that HollywoodLife.com spoke with friends close to the Browns, who revealed that they were worried when Kody told them he wanted to do a reality TV show.

“His best friend was worried about him, we were worried about him being prosecuted,” says our source and former teacher of the Brown’s children.

We also spoke with a former polygamist in Utah, John Llewellyn, who echoed the same feelings.

“I think it’s a bad idea for Kody to subject his family to all of this pressure and notoriety,” says John. “Most polygamist you talk to frown on what he’s doing … the thoughts of people in Utah are mixed.”

New reports are also stating what we’ve been telling you all along. There’s a very small chance Kody will be prosecuted for violating polygamy laws. There have only been two cases in the last ten years that have been prosecuted, and they both involved child endangerment.

“In my experience … there has never been a traditional polygamist family charged with the sole crime of bigamy,” Jeff Buhman of the Utah County Attorney’s office tells TMZ.

“I don’t think they are going to be prosecuted,” says our source. “It will open a huge can of worms, it’s more like an unlawful cohabitation …. it will cost Utah millions of dollars.”

— Chloe Melas

Karen J

Posted at 8:32 PM on October 17, 2011

I am a 56 year old Protestant, in a monogamous marriage. I’m sure you are thinking, well here it comes again…another slam. But, I get it. Although I may not understand the whole religious aspect, I do understand the social one and don’t have any issues with the sister-wives concept and if younger might even consider it. It would be comforting to know that someone other than my husband would have my back, would understand me and would love my children as much as I do. Good luck to you and your family.

Troy moser

Posted at 8:11 PM on October 15, 2011

Im not Morman, or religious, I do live in Utah, I’d love
To be in contact with the Brown family as a friend, and support.

Reach out. Would live to just help and listen. Your friend in Utah.

pamela

Posted at 10:47 PM on September 26, 2011

I reviewed the low in Utah and they don’t have a common law stipulation. However, they do have one stating in part that living with a second person under the guis of marriage does violate their law.

With all the issues our taxes are used for, if there is no abuse or child abuse then use the money more constructively.

I do find it odd that another woman would want to share a man. Life is hard enough with one.

Gwyn

Posted at 1:16 AM on May 9, 2011

I wish the state would leave this family alone and focus on the families where spousal and child abuse does exist. Why on earth are they putting these people through this mess?

Kevin

Posted at 10:41 AM on March 20, 2011

If it works for them (and they are consenting adults), then I say more power to them. I don’t want anyone telling me what I can and can’t do and I don’t push my personal opinions on others. People love to push their own personal feelings on others and feel that their way is the only way.

ethelmarshall

Posted at 12:09 AM on October 28, 2010

seem healty and happy

asf2cse13

Posted at 11:16 AM on October 8, 2010

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He- is 10 years older than me, lol. We met online at an age gap dating site Age’Min’gle . C’ 0- M—a nice and free place for Younger- Women and Older Men, or Older Women and Younger Men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or- tell your friends

lynn

Posted at 11:17 PM on March 13, 2011

Trick shut up with that stupid comment