OH, NO! Is 'Teen Mom' Amber's New Boyfriend A Registered Sex Offender?

Thu, October 7, 2010 7:11pm EDT by 18 Comments

Amber Portwood seems to get herself into one hot mess after another. The ‘Teen Mom’ hasn’t done much growing up since becoming a mother to baby, Leah. Now she’s really done it by allegedly hooking up with a registered sex offender!

After a public and bitter breakup with her baby’s daddy, Gary Shirley, Amber Portwood, 18, has jumped back in the dating pool. However, her taste in guys hasn’t gotten much better — in fact, it’s downright scary what she’s possibly turned to!

In times of emotional need the average person will turn to dating sites like Match.com or OkCupid.com to find a romantic prospect. But that stuff isn’t for Amber, who met Christopher Glenn Hossman while trolling a Wal-Mart parking lot. Classy.

Details are fuzzy about how the meeting actually happened, but someone better call Child Protective Services because it turns out her latest love interest might be a registered sex offender in Indiana!

But there might be two Christopher Glenn Hossman’s in the town of Anderson, IND! RadarOnline.com is reporting that Christopher, the 27-year-old who was convicted of child molestation in 2005, did NOT go out with Amber — in fact, it was a different Christopher Hossman.

“I watch Teen Mom and I knew that it was not my boyfriend,” say his former girlfriend, Brenda. “We had been dating for over a year and just split-up a few weeks ago. He had been staying at my home with my four kids who are aged between seven and twenty-two.”

The Christoper Brenda dated, was convicted of a Class C felony which in the state of Indiana means:  “A person who, with a child under fourteen (14) years of age, performs or submits to any fondling or touching, of either the child or the older person, with intent to arouse or to satisfy the sexual desires of either the child or the older person, commits child molesting, a Class C felony.”

Brenda tells RadarOnline.com that she and Christopher have hired an attorney and are looking into the matter.

Phew, we just hope this guy really isn’t the one who went out with Amber!

Aimee Curran

Eljah

Posted at 1:11 PM on August 20, 2013

dating a sex offender is just disgusting and you shouldnot do it.

Los Angeles Masonry

Posted at 4:13 PM on June 11, 2012

I just like the helpful info you provide for your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more right here frequently. I am moderately certain I’ll be told many new stuff proper here! Good luck for the next!

charlotte car service|car service in charlotte|charlotte limo

Posted at 2:03 PM on June 10, 2012

Fantastic web site. Plenty of useful information here. I’m sending it to several friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you on your sweat!

hediye

Posted at 3:59 AM on June 6, 2012

This is very fascinating, You are a very professional blogger. I’ve joined your feed and stay up for in the hunt for extra of your wonderful post. Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks

Miranda

Posted at 5:49 PM on October 19, 2010

Actually he is a registered sex offender. Its public record and you can find his picture on the website by googling “Indiana Registered Sex Offenders”. Amber is disgusting…

Jenn

Posted at 4:41 PM on October 13, 2010

Check out family watchdog….he is on there.

michele

Posted at 9:53 PM on October 8, 2010

This is one of the most reprehensible things I have seen published. Teen mother Amber’s behaviors notwithstanding, to post a man’s picture on a gossip web site under the words “Registered Sex Offender” without even confirming that it is indeed the correct person is the height of irresponsible (ahem) “journalism.” The article itself, with its ambiguous corrections, won’t be read by many, or necessarily remembered by many of those. All they will remember is the pearl-clutching phrase “Sex Offender” and this man’s name. This should be removed immediately, of course, but the damage is done.

Lori

Posted at 8:20 PM on October 8, 2010

So my comment pointing out that the article was WRONG has been deleted and the story updated?! Why delete my post just because I pointed out the article was not correct?

Lori

Posted at 8:27 PM on October 8, 2010

Ooops, I apologize. My earlier comment is still there. It was not showing up when I looked before.

Cat

Posted at 7:21 PM on October 8, 2010

Okay, believe me, I am NO fan of Amber, but how irresponsible is it for you to plaster the headline: “OH NO! Is teen mom Amber’s new boyfriend a registered sex offender?” when you admit by the end of the article that you don’t even know whether it’s the same guy??!! Nice! Maybe you’d want to get a definitive answer on that before yelling from the rooftops. If this does turn out to be same guy, then have at him, but if it’s not, all you’ve done is smear some innocent schmo who happens to have the same name, and if he’d dating Amber, he has problems enough.

catherine moreaux

Posted at 8:26 PM on October 8, 2010

Cat, I totally agree with you. Amber has enough problems to begin with, and this just adds fuel to the fire. Does anyone posting this story, which hasn’t even been substantiated, ever think about the child? After all baby Leah has to LIVE with this unbalanced mother, and her myriad of anger issues. The whole article is very cruel and irresponsible!

Lori

Posted at 8:29 PM on October 8, 2010

Cat,
The ORIGINAL article didn’t have all of this information. It has since been edited to add that it’s not the same man, etc. I am also NOT an Amber fan, but to post something without it being a known fact is ridiculous!

maelma

Posted at 4:18 PM on October 8, 2010

What a beautiful babay! So sorry she is growing-up with that loser as a mother.

val

Posted at 3:50 PM on October 8, 2010

what kind of a poll question is this? “Should Amber go out with a sex offender?”….come on Hollywood Life – who in their right ming would answer yes?????

HANNAH

Posted at 12:50 PM on October 8, 2010

She disgusts me.

kaly13

Posted at 11:13 AM on October 8, 2010

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He- is 10 years older than me, lol. We met online at an age gap dating site Age’Min’gle . C’ 0- M—a nice and free place for Younger- Women and Older Men, or Older Women and Younger Men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or- tell your friends

Eduardo

Posted at 7:09 PM on October 8, 2010

really kaly13 it’s one thing if the one you love is older than you. but a registered
sex offender is a whole different story. so do the math kaly13!!!!!!!

Melu

Posted at 2:45 AM on October 8, 2010

Why is she allowed to have custody of that poor baby! CPS better make an emergency visit and remove custody of that baby ASAP!