Do 'Sister Wives' Janelle & Christine Brown Want Out Of Their Marriage & Will They Be Forced To Abandon Their Children?

Wed, October 6, 2010 11:48am EST by 44 Comments
Sister Wives Divorce

Courtesy of TLC

Religious law dictates that Janelle and Christine would not be able to see their children following their divorce, but a legal expert tells us that would not be the case at all under the law!

A new and somewhat darker side of the polygamous Brown family is beginning to show according to new reports that claim Kody Brown‘s second and third wives, Janelle and Christine, want out of their marriage but would be forced to leave their children!

Star spoke to a source who said, “[Janelle] told me she and Christine are so sick of how Kody’s desire to be a TV star is pulling the family apart, plus all the attention he lavishes on his new, young wife, Robyn, that they’ve talked about divorce.”

According to the family’s religion, the Apostolic United Bethren, divorce would mean that Janelle and Christine could not take their children with them, or even see them until they were adults!

Janae Thorne-Bird left her polygamous marriage and says, “I was forced by our sect to give my ex-husband full custody of our 10 children and they were raised by … his other wives.”

In extreme cases the sect also believes in blood atonement according to Janae. “I know of husbands in the sect who said they would literally ‘find and gut’ their exes,” she claims.

Santa Monica lawyer Steve Cron told HollywoodLife.com that legally, the only thing that matters in custody cases is the welfare of the children. “These women are in a situation where their religion frowns on divorce obviously but legally they would have the same rights and visitation to their children. A judge would look at the two parents and if they were both deemed fit they would divide visitation 50 – 50.”

If anything, Christine and Janelle could come out ahead if they argued they were trying to get the children off the reality show and that it was against their best interest. “These women would be in the drivers seat if they argued that the reality show was against the best interest of the children and this could lead to more custody and visitation.”

So while the women may not find many rights religiously, the law is certainly on their side.

cpanel vps

Posted at 1:51 AM on August 6, 2013

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My blog has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any methods to help prevent content from being ripped off? I’d really appreciate it.|

testdomain

Posted at 10:43 AM on March 17, 2013

Some genuinely excellent content on this website, thanks for contribution. “A conservative is a man who sits and thinks, mostly sits.” by Woodrow Wilson.

Louie B.

Posted at 1:39 AM on December 23, 2012

You’ve got the pictures tagged wrong. Christine is on the left (in blue) and Janelle is on the right. How can you expect us to believe what you write about them if you can’t even get their names right?
Also, I don’t think their religion, a fundamentalist Mormon sect, believes in blood atonement. Their sect is less radical than the other polygamist sects.

Stormie

Posted at 1:45 PM on December 21, 2012

What does Kody do we never hear what type of job he ha All we know is Janelleis working
As for Christine and Janelle Yes leave and start a new life

Kody you are so self centred you only think about yourself

Meri get over it you have one child be happy ( some people can never have that)

Iris

Posted at 9:55 PM on June 17, 2012

Honestly, Christine needs to stop whining

sasha

Posted at 12:57 AM on June 11, 2012

You have the names on the photos reversed

griffin

Posted at 8:50 PM on May 17, 2012

I think it should be robin and cody you can tell cody is in lovd with robin more than any of them

Michelle

Posted at 12:35 PM on May 13, 2012

I really enjoy watching this show however I am not a fan of Robin’s she came from a marriage of one man and no other woman to this marriage and she just seems fake to me and wants Kody for his fame and money. I really like Christine she stand her ground. Good luck Janelle and Christine if you do leave this lifestyle.

Joanne

Posted at 12:02 PM on May 9, 2012

I’m sick and tired of Christine whining about her situation! She’s not getting all the attention anymore now that Robyn has come into the family, so she takes her jealousy out on her and complains that Cody doesn’t want to be with her anymore. If you want to blame someone, blame wife #1 she set them up!! THIS IS WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR, CHRISTINE!! STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO HANDLE IT WHEN WIFE #5 COMES ALONG? I CAN’T IMAGINE ANYONE FEELING SORRY FOR YOU AT ALL!!

wanda

Posted at 9:34 AM on May 8, 2012

The reason why Kody wants to go back on TV – is due to the fact he needs money $$$$$$. What job does he have? Other than maken babies all the time. I wish Janelle & Christine the best when and if they get out.

Mel

Posted at 1:03 AM on March 12, 2012

You’ve got Janelle and Christine backwards, really makes me wnoder about the rest of your reporting accuracy. :) Just sayin’

Natasha

Posted at 5:59 PM on October 29, 2011

Gee…I mean, I guess it makes sense, but it would be more believable if they NAMES were right. Christine and Janelle are switched on the picture :P