CHRIS SAYS : Forget The Singing & Dancing, This Was One Of The Best Episodes Of 'Glee' Yet!

Tue, October 5, 2010 9:08pm EDT by 11 Comments
Loading video...

It turns out ‘Glee’ can be just as great without the song and dance! If anything, those portions were the worst parts of the ‘Grilled Cheesus’ episode!

Before we get too far, I must start by saying that perhaps the best scene in Glee‘s one and barely a quarter seasons is Kurt (Chris Colfer) singing “I Want To Hold Your Hand” by The Beatles to his father in flashbacks. Beyond that, however, I would have much rather seen more amazing acting from Chris, Mike O’Malley, Jayma Mays, and, above all else, Jane Lynch, than meaningless songs from Lea Michele, Cory Monteith and the rest of the glee club on the at times lackluster, Oct. 5 episode!

So where to begin? Mike O’Malley has always been the MVP of Glee (way to screw that one up Emmy voters), even if he only shows up every few episodes. His first scene with his son Kurt was amazing and poignant and, as always, one of the few moments that based the show in some sort of reality. This set up the religious theme nicely — far better than the stupid and ridiculous “Grilled Cheesus” premise — and when Kurt sat down with Sue Sylvester, I got angry the show was making a joke of everything. But boy, was I wrong!

Seeing the scene between Jayma and Jane in Sue’s office was one of the highlight’s of the episode. It showed us that Jayma does have an ability to do more than speak in a helium voice and appear removed — and most importantly, it finally, FINALLY, gave us a chance to see Sue Sylvester reveal herself to someone!

The one major problem I do have with the episode is that it still seemed to send home the idea that believing in a higher power is better than NOT believing in a higher power. However, for a show that has worked so hard, and so effectively, at helping teens be themselves through the characters it presents, it would have been nice to let Kurt simply be someone who just didn’t believe in God.

What did you think of last night’s episode, HollywoodLifers? And also, how much have you missed Amber Riley‘s insane voice? No one has anything on that girl’s version of “Bridge Over Troubled Water!”

-Chris Spargo

P.S. — If Mike O’Malley is indeed dead, it is the absolute worst decision the producers and everyone involved in this show has ever made. I’m just sayin’….

P.P.S. — Where is Charice? Was she one episode and gone?

Mariana

Posted at 2:14 AM on October 8, 2010

Chris Colfer absolutely owned this episode! His “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” was heart-stopping!

I think this might be THE best episode yet.

jinXT

Posted at 12:43 AM on October 8, 2010

according to EW, Charice will be reappearing on the 7th episode and she’s rumoured to be singing a couple of Celine Dion songs =)

“BREAKING GLEE NEWS: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Charice will reappear in episode 7!”

and David Foster (Charice’s mentor and producer) mentioned on an interview that:

“She’s set to explode now that she’s appearing on Glee. She is coming into her own now at 18. She’s a star, and you know when she’s in or out of the room. She will sing two Celine Dion songs. One is ‘To Love You More,’ and I guarantee our audience will have chills it’s so emotional.”

i’m not sure though if David Foster was talking about Glee or his upcoming ‘David Foster and Friends’ Concert @ Mandalay Bay this coming October 15th where Charice is part of a star-studded line-up that includes: Ne-Yo, Seal, Martina McBride, Earth Wind & Fire, Kenny Loggins, Michael Bolton, Ruben Studdard, Donna Summer, Chaka Khan and Natalie Cole.

licaro

Posted at 11:10 AM on October 6, 2010

I love the episode and i cried a lot…

PS: Charice sucks!

MarinaDelRey

Posted at 12:18 PM on October 6, 2010

Licaro — you are officially a heartless Charice hater and a crab! She’s not in episode 3 and everyone knows she rocked episode 1, and yet you’ve got the nerve to leave a negative comment for her. #Stop bullying global Chasters are watching you.

Guest 101

Posted at 12:32 PM on October 9, 2010

Nope. For us, Charice rocks!

Jen Vitug

Posted at 11:45 PM on December 9, 2010

no you suck.. haha

cardcrusher

Posted at 6:55 AM on November 22, 2010

Licaro, I agree. She has nothing to offer the show.

Jen Vitug

Posted at 11:46 PM on December 9, 2010

whatta a sucker you are bro… hahahaha

bette

Posted at 2:39 AM on October 6, 2010

Of course for Glee fanatics, every and each episodes are the best for them. Honestly, I forced myself to watch it because only for Charice. Nice songs anyway but I´m not getting any goosebump. I stayed late to watch the 1st and 2nd episodes. But I went to bed early last night. I just watched the tape an hour ago. Well, what can I say………

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 1:07 AM on October 6, 2010

Chris, you know I love you, but this episode was absolutely NOT one of the best yet. In fact, it sucked.

Hanna

Posted at 10:47 PM on October 5, 2010

If you thought Lea Michele’s “Papa Can You Hear Me” was meaningless then I’m not sure what show you were watching. It was both poignant and beautifully sung and shot.