EXCLUSIVE! Elisabeth Rohm Wants Her 'Son', Taylor Lautner, To Date A Lawyer — NOT A Hollywood Starlet!

Thu, September 30, 2010 12:57pm EST by 12 Comments
Getty Images (2)

Mother knows best! Elisabeth, who plays Taylor’s mom in the upcoming action flick, Abduction, says he needs to stay away from the party girls of Tinseltown! Do you agree?

Thus far, Taylor Lautner has kept his playboy tendencies in check (re: he’s no Mark Salling), dating only his high school sweetheart, Sara Hicks, and country crooner Taylor Swift. But Elisabeth Rohm, who plays the 18-year-old Twilight star’s mom in the upcoming action film Abduction, says she hopes it stays that way — and that he should stay away from Hollywood hotties!

“I have a new film coming out called Abduction; John Singleton directed it. Taylor is the lead in it and I play his mother,” the 37-year-old actress told HollywoodLife.com exclusively at the ARCADE Boutique event to benefit CII in LA Sept. 29, adding, “I think I would choose a young lawyer out of Harvard, instead of a hottie in LA that’s just going to break his heart!”

We’re with you, Elisabeth! We don’t want to see Taylor heartbroken, either, especially after you’ve revealed, “[Filming with him] was awesome and I think he’s great!”

Laura Schreffler & Sarah Rose Attman

justcheckingin

Posted at 1:56 PM on October 20, 2013

Turns out Maria Bello played his mom in Abduction. Shoulda kept your mouth shut Liz!

Nessie Bella Nasci

Posted at 10:40 AM on October 2, 2010

I love him & he can do whatever he wants… Team Taylor. I can’t wait 4 Abduction!!!! XOXO from Argentina. Can’t wait 2 see Mia Maestro in Breaking Dawn

Jess

Posted at 10:20 AM on October 2, 2010

Wait, so a Harvard grad won’t break his heart but a hollywood hottie will ? PLEASE thats a semi stupid statement. Anyone woman can break his heart regardless of her status. Dating can get your heart broken many times :'(.

Don’t get me wrong I think its great she wants him to be with education women but she shouldn’t say only hollywood women will break his heart.

The dating scene is tough. Best of luck to Taylor!!! <3

Bradin James

Posted at 8:14 PM on October 1, 2010

UNTIL U CAN PROVE THAT HE IS DATING SOMEONE ELSE…..THEN IT STANDS THAT HE IS DATING SARA HICKS….SHE IS A NORMAL GIRL….SO UNLESS U HAVE PICTURES THAT HE ISNT DATING SARA HICKS THEN SHUT UP

Leelou

Posted at 5:06 PM on October 1, 2010

He can date who he wants, its his life. I just personally hope he does stay away from the partying drama queens in hollywood. He seems like such a nice guy and I hate to see it wasted (or corrupted) by some flighty woman in hollywood. I just hope he stays a good guy and not affected by hollywood. Lose so many good ones that way. lol

Bradin James

Posted at 8:15 PM on September 30, 2010

alright first of all Taylor is already dating a normal girl, his high school sweetheat Sara Hicks it was confirmed July 14 2010… I dont think its any of Elisabeth Rohm business any way because she is dating or married to a Hollywood Hottie so she is just talkin outta both sides of her mouth. Second its his decision any way and it looks like he made it and her name is Sara so…Hollywood Life.com i think its time to write stories people give a damn about.

Shaunna

Posted at 7:04 PM on September 30, 2010

He can date whoever he wantz to, itz his life he can date a Hollywood actress or a normal girl if he want, I wudn’t mind dating him myself cause he seemz like such a funny, smart and caring fella:)

Diana

Posted at 6:52 PM on September 30, 2010

I agree =] Taylor is such a sweetheart..he should a girl that is going to appreciate him for who he is..someone smart..not some Hollywood actress that can just use him only because he’s being succesful right now..He’s amazing n I was an extra on his movie =]

Shamontiel

Posted at 6:14 PM on September 30, 2010

If he dated a lawyer, he’d probably never get to see her unless he was in her city. A celebrity might be able to understand and tolerate his lifestyle much more. I dunno about this one. I am surprised that Rohm is 37 though.

chip

Posted at 6:11 PM on September 30, 2010

if taylor lautner wants to date a hollywood hottie he can. its his choice not yours, he can date who ever he wants. he is smart he pick the girl for himself. Hollywood hottie or a regular girl he’ll pick for himself, that makes him happy and not to placse other. even if they pick he a nice girl he might not be happy with that.

Janice

Posted at 4:51 PM on September 30, 2010

She is one hot Mama! I agree with her. Taylor should date a regular girl with brains. Not some Hollyweird star with issues. Someone who will take good care of him and not worry about her looks all the time.

Tessy

Posted at 2:44 PM on September 30, 2010

I totally agree. But I also say, let the guy have some fun for now. He’s only 18! But there are plenty of beautiful, smart women out there. It would be great to see Taylor with a cute, regular girl who can travel with him when he’s filming, who doesn’t have her own movies to do. Maybe even date a fan! (Yo, Taylor. I’m totally available if you want to give it a try!) lol!