EXCLUSIVE! Nick Lachey Is Coming Back To Reality TV — He's Filming A New Show For VH1!

Wed, September 29, 2010 11:11am EST by 9 Comments
Getty Images

Just when you thought you’d heard the last of the former 98 degrees front man, think again! It turns out cameras will follow Nick’s journey back into the music industry.

Have you been wondering what Nick Lachey has been doing for the past FIVE years? You’re about to find out, as the 36-year-old singer, and former hubby to Jessica Simpson, is returning to reality TV. A source close to the singer tells HollywoodLife.com that Nick has signed on to do a reality show set to air on VH1.

“It will follow his life and mainly focus on his music career,” says our source.”The show will show him getting back into the music industry and feature his former 98 Degrees band mates.”

You’re probably thinking this sounds very similar to his original MTV reality show Newlyweds, which followed his marriage to Jessica from 2003-2005. But our source tells us Nick’s girlfriend of four years, Vanessa Minnillo, won’t be a big part of the show.

“Vanessa will be on it some, but it’s not going to be about their relationship … at all,” the source says.

HollywoodLife.com reached out to VH1 who had “no comment.”

We’re excited to see what Nick has been up to after all of these years, and if Jessica cringing a bit too!

— Chloe Melas

BrobeBabborce

Posted at 4:55 AM on June 29, 2012

[url=

Julie

Posted at 11:10 AM on October 4, 2010

NICK Is a amazing singer. His last album got me through some tough times. I played it so much I had to get a another one! And I’m a middle (42) aged mom! But divorced! He is my dream guy. Love love love him!! Welcome back cutie. You made my day about this great news. I will be watching.

Julie

Posted at 11:05 AM on October 4, 2010

I LOVE NICK. Thank VH1 I’ll be watching!!!!!

sue

Posted at 8:40 AM on October 4, 2010

I personally think Nick is a superstar before JSimpson. I liked their reality show. I like both of these individuals and now VMinnilo. We all gotta work to survive and this guy can sing. I love his voice and songs!

Keep on struttin man, you still got it.

Love you all.

Jenn

Posted at 9:10 PM on October 1, 2010

Why are you guys so mean? Give the guy a break geez.

Kim K.

Posted at 9:58 PM on September 29, 2010

Nick is a has-been. He is desperately clinging to his 15 minutes that ended 4 years ago. Maybe he should do “Celebrity Rehab” with Vanessa being they both turned into unemployed drunks.

What a Loser!

Posted at 9:32 PM on September 29, 2010

Poor Nick, after crying a reality show ruined his marriage is jumping back into one. Doesn’t he get nobody cares about him, his music or his wh@re girlfriend?

Jimmy J

Posted at 3:32 PM on September 29, 2010

Grow a set of balls Nick and walk away. Your time in Hollywood is finished and you need to start over again elsewhere. Get out gracefully and stop all this reality show crap

larry