Who Will Be The More Successful Jonas Brother: Nick Or Joe?

Tue, September 28, 2010 5:30pm EDT by 30 Comments

Between their solo music careers and their guest spots on different TV shows, Nick and Joe are going in the same direction –- but separately!

The Jonas Brothers, once a united sibling front, is becoming a thing of the past. Although it hasn’t been announced that the group is disbanding, it appears to be going that way as both Nick and Joe launch rival music and television careers!

Nick, 18, will play a super demanding up-and-coming singer named Eli White on Matthew Perry’s ABC comedy Mr. Sunshine, which focuses on the happenings and misfortunes that take place at a popular sports arena. Meanwhile, his 21-year-old older brother just filmed a guest starring role for a Nov. episode of 90210 where he plays himself as Adrianna’s (Jessica Lowndes) date to a big music magazine launch party.

Additionally, Joe seems to have taken a cue from Nick, who’s released two albums with his band, Nick Jonas and the Administration, and has decided to start a solo career. However, unlike Nick’s alternative rock sound, Joe is hoping to have more of a pop sound, ala Justin Timberlake. Talk about competition!

–Kirstin Benson

fme OD p

Posted at 12:20 PM on October 5, 2010

I think both brothers are great but nick is far better than Joe cos he can actually play guitar, drums, sing, dance, act and play the tamborine!!! joe can only do half of those!

aslfhasdf

Posted at 4:00 AM on October 3, 2010

I USE TO LIKE JOE BUT HE DUMPED DEMI F HIM SHE IS AWESOME AND HE IS JUSS A GAY PLAYA AND NO ONE WIT OUT DEMI SO GOOD LUCK JOE I KNOW ULL NEED IT !

bite

Posted at 6:10 PM on September 30, 2010

NOT A JONAS BROTHERS FAN
but 4 me joe looks hotter than the rest

kJBn

Posted at 7:54 AM on September 30, 2010

I will definitely want to still see them as Jonas Brothers. But if they will go on separate ways,I think both of them will sell but for me Nick is way better. But still, it will be the best if it is Jonas Brothers. I hope they will remain forever as they say.

bette

Posted at 5:20 AM on September 30, 2010

Joe has a bad boy, gigolo image. He has a soft spot for beautiful girls. But seems to me he´s not going to be taller than he is rightnow. Meanwhile Nick has the good image look and still growing. It seems to me he is loyal to anyone, like a one woman man. He reminds me of Jake Gyllenhall. It depends on how the fans will react. But by looking at it. I go for NICK, he has a star quality, very promising. He just needs to get out from being tagged as a Disney kid.

Taurie

Posted at 10:43 PM on September 29, 2010

Well I think both of them are very talented, but Nick is my favorite!!

Rebecca

Posted at 7:04 PM on September 29, 2010

Joe is the frontman of the Jonas Brothers and he has loads of talent! And I still like him for his music and the way he sings and acts, too.

Rebecca

Posted at 7:03 PM on September 29, 2010

Joe is the frontman of the Jonas Brothers and he has loads of talent! And I still like him no matter who he dates.

Linds

Posted at 11:31 AM on October 1, 2010

yeah but it was nick who started the band when he sang solo first. the band all began with nick but when it came time for the band to play together, nick got pushed aside! since joe couldnt play guitar like nick and kevin, he automatically became the lead singer and the one in the middle even though nick should have been in my opinion. NICK ALL THE WAY!!!

honey

Posted at 9:25 AM on October 3, 2010

ho,please.i love nick but you cant say that,joe is really talented and his voice is getting better and better [if u dont believe me listnen to jonas la songs].joe became the front man coz he has THE BEST STAGE PRESANCE THAN 3 OF THEM.i really love nick but he looks sooo awakward on stage.his voice also sounds winy some times.i think nick has a bigger hand in jobros style of music so i really think joe needs to show his own style.joe did NOT GET A GOOD CHANCE OF SHOWING HIS OWN STYLE.so i hope his style is gonna be good and iam sure u guys are gonna be suprised.and JOE IS A BETTER ACTOR THAN NICK.nick just cant act.and JOE IS SEXIER THAN NICK AND HE HAS A HOT VOICE.can u even imagine JONAS BROTHERS WIHTOUT JOE.immposible.

jane

Posted at 5:08 PM on September 29, 2010

nick for sure. He’s has a less is more quality, and is by far one of the best looking guys i’ve ever seen.

Mary

Posted at 4:14 PM on September 29, 2010

it’s hard to say who will be more successful. i think they both nick and joe are talented and are very appealing and easy to sell. nick definitely has the musical talent to take the music scene by storm and i think joe can do very well in the acting arena, i’m not sure how he’ll do on the music scene solo – i’ll be able to better tell when his new album comes out. but i must say i loved nick’s album with the administration….it was some awesome soulful music and his voice rocked on it. the brother i am really curious to see something from is kevin….i wonder what he has brewing. kevin is definitely extremely talented and sky’s the limit with him – whatever he does would be amazing!! and kevin is definitely taking his own path different from joe and nick, so whatever he does i know will be exciting, new, and fresh….and will definitely surprise us all!!

jonas brothers

Posted at 7:34 AM on September 29, 2010

plz don’t break up
omg im cryinggg

Joe Jonas's Girl

Posted at 7:32 AM on September 29, 2010

Joe will beat Nick. Joe is way sexier than Nick. I think Joe’s new music will be better too. I still like Nick, but Joe is sexier than Nick. I like Nick’s voice too. I can’t wait to hear Joe’s voice instead of Nicks. Joe’s music will be awesome. I’m obssesed with Joe more than I am with Nick. I’m closer to Nicks age than I am Joes age. I’m 17 about to turn 17 on October 19.

Dominic

Posted at 1:53 AM on September 29, 2010

Damn theyre so both so hot!

bette

Posted at 1:51 AM on September 29, 2010

I think Nick has more chances to go further along than Joe. Joe “macho look” doesn´t fit with his true personality. And I think if Joe happens to be a woman, he has the attitude to be a nagging wife. Hello people, they are growing up and separation is enevitable, not as a family, but at least how the way they both building their future families and careers are heading to.

River

Posted at 12:38 AM on September 29, 2010

Please don’t break up the Greatest band in the world THe JONAS BROTHERS!!! You guys are totally amazing together! And I’m Ur guys biggest fan in Farmington,Nm and I own almost everything of u guys! so please don’t Break up! If You Guys Do I will be totally Devestated! when I found out that u guys cancelled ur Denver Concert and I was going to tat for a earlie bday present I was CRYING for like 5 whole days! I even Cry when U guys are on TV

JMP

Posted at 11:26 PM on September 28, 2010

Over all, I would thnk Nick would be the most successful, because he is by far the most talented.

However, that said, Joe, seems to like the Hollywood scene. He is going for a more popular sound. He may not have the songwriter or musicianship skills that Nick does but a record label will buy that for you. Joe is a singer, not the best but in the right songs he has some good pipes. He is very good looking and he is not shy about showing it off. He is very funny and outgoing, a bit more that Nick who is more reserved and more business like. Joe seems like he may be an easier sell.

Acting wise, I just don’t know, they are average. They each have some good scenes but they have mostly played themselves. I haven’t seen Nick on Les Miz but he may change my mind.

Overall, if JB fans don’t give Joe the cold shoulder I think they gave Nick and if Radio jumps on Joe’s Pop wagon, I think he will do fine. Me, Myself and I perfer to wait for NJATA’s 2nd album ;)

crystal

Posted at 10:34 PM on September 28, 2010

god joe is much more cute and talented he has acted more and nick is the lead singer of the band the Jonas

River

Posted at 12:38 AM on September 29, 2010

NO JOe is

Rebecca

Posted at 7:01 PM on September 29, 2010

No , Joe is the lead singer/ frontman of the Jonas Brothers. He always stands first or in between his brothers.

betho38501

Posted at 10:14 PM on September 28, 2010

I think they will both do well, but Nick is so much more driven in all areas especially with his career. Even with his health issues he stays ahead of the game. Joe enjoys relaxing & goofing off than Nick. By the way, Nick has only released ONE album with The Administration.

Rachel

Posted at 1:53 PM on September 29, 2010

No he released two. The “Live at Wiltern” recording counts as another record.

missjoejonas

Posted at 9:50 PM on September 28, 2010

joes voice is soooooooo much better! i like nicks voice but joes is more manly!!! plus hes hot as!!! hope joe does an excellent job!! i voted 4 him!! gooooooo joe! luv u jonas

Megan

Posted at 8:41 PM on September 28, 2010

Nick is a much better musician than Joe. I agree with Janey that Joe seems to only want to one-up Nick in everything. Joe can’t allow Nick to have even 1 secind of spotlight without turning the attention on himself. I also wonder what Kevin has on his plate. I think we should be ready for more solo projects and less JB as a band in 2011.

jojo

Posted at 7:40 PM on September 28, 2010

they are both successful and i wish them both the best of luck

janey

Posted at 7:09 PM on September 28, 2010

Nick has only released one album with the administration. I think Joe will do fine, especially with the acting. He just really doesn’t have Nick’s musical talent though. The way it all worked together, I really feel like Joe is doing the music part to try and best Nick. Now that Nick has successfully returned to acting in Les Mis, Joe is making comments that he might like to try that too. Something he never had interest in.

monica

Posted at 8:22 PM on September 28, 2010

i agree. joe doesn’t have nick’s music talent, but he is a pretty good actor. they will both do fine : )

allie smith

Posted at 10:19 PM on September 28, 2010

actually, nick does have two albums with the the administration. check Itunes. That’s the proof.

nickandmileymakemesmiley

Posted at 6:54 PM on September 28, 2010

love both but nicks far ahead