BONNIE SAYS: 'Sister Wives' Polygamist Husband Kody Brown — Country's Biggest Con Man & Bad Dad!

Mon, September 27, 2010 12:58pm EDT by 32 Comments

Kody Brown, ‘husband’ of four dopey women and father of 13, and the star of TLC’s new ‘Sister Wives’ show, is such a cute, friendly huggy-bear of a man, you can absolutely see how he could convince self-esteem-less women to feel lucky to join his harem.

Kody, 42, looks and sounds like a totally “awesome” surfer dude, who uses the word “awesome” a lot, and he dispenses hugs so freely that I would get a hug if I were in his vicinity… even after writing this.

But no matter what his four wives — three blondes and one brunette — say, they are getting “screwed,” both literally and figuratively. Kody gets to make the bed-rounds between his concubines (they have a schedule) so he can spread his body and sperm around. But come on — conventional one-to-one husbands and wives, with kids, get barely enough time to talk, get intimate and bond.

How much real bonding can you get with a husband whose time you share with three other women? And what if your one-quarter man is “tired” on “your “night? And how can one man — even as seemingly warm as Kody Brown — truly love four different women equally? How can there be absolutely no jealousy, rivalry and drama among these women? It’s just not possible – honestly, it goes against human nature. Or should I say, female nature. Any woman out there want to disagree?

The only way that his four wives – Meri, 39, Janelle, 40, Christine, 37, and Robyn, 31 — can possibly stand it, though they don’t admit it on the show and no doubt don’t even admit it to themselves, is that they don’t think they’re “worthy” of having a loving, devoted husband all to themselves.

Inside, they must feel like total zeros. That’s why they’re grateful to have, at best, a 25-percent-partner.

As for Kody, the advertising executive claims that it’s his “version” of the Mormon faith that led him to polygamy. That’s hogwash.

Kody, you’re just a horndog using religion to sleep with four different willing female bodies. No wonder you look like a “pig in s**t” — you are one! You’re thrilled that you conned four women into bedding you, cooking and cleaning for you — and bearing your children.

Your “faith” is hands-down disrespectful to women, since they are the multiples. If women could head a polygamist family and take multiple husbands, at least that wouldn’t be discriminatory.

And as for your children: You’re telling your daughters they should be handmaidens to a man like you, not deserving of a loving one-on-one relationship of equality with a man. And to your sons, you’re saying this: Either you can be the big man of your own house with multiple subservient women, or creepier yet, you are competition to me. What I mean is that a polygamist like Kody feels entitled to keep preying on, ahem, taking on new wives — most probably younger and younger ones, like fourth wife, Robyn.

At some point, he’ll be competing with his own sons for women. In many polygamist families, sons are tossed out once they become sexual competition to their fathers.

So Kody, you may look cuddly but what you’re spouting is a crock!

What do you think, ladies?

– Bonnie Fuller

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

crytears

Posted at 10:07 PM on December 30, 2012

Tell ya what…when I got a headache and want to just be left alone….there’s times I wish I could call one of my sister wives to call on so SHE can “Service” him…and if I don’t want to clean house or wash the dishes, perhaps one of the sister wives will take over on my lazy days!
And when I want new outfit, nicer car, rent nice new motorhome, have new home filled with nice new furniture I will go one welfare, collect food stamps, milk the system!
Afterall, isn’t that the American Way???

Melinda

Posted at 9:43 PM on June 10, 2012

To me, Robyn appears to revel in being the youngest, most attractive wife, and is obviously Kody’s favorite, for the time-being. If a younger, more attractive #5 ever comes along (God forbid!), Robyn will not like this arrangement anymore. Janelle has too much going for her to be a member of this circus.

crytears

Posted at 10:21 PM on December 30, 2012

Two of the woman are down right ugly, creepy looking…one’s down right oinky! Can’t imagine him being happy about boinking miss piggy every Thursday…does he HAVE to do the nasties each and every time?…BTW…I’m totally jealous thier all having perfect white teeth, new homes, new furniture, new stuff in thier house…OMG…we’ve worked hard our entire lives, NEVER EVER even thought of bilking ANY system…and they’re feeding the kids steaks? OMG…my kids RARELY got steaks!…hamburger at best!…somethings wrong….so wrong with this family!
Maybe TLC/Bravo will ask us to be on a reality show…lets see…disabled woman, chronic pain, husband battling mouth cancer…never smoked, drank or chewed tobacco…paying their last penny for medical bills…can’t afford to buy new clothing…even GoodWills too expensive. We eat mainly rice & beans…I get furious whenever I go to WinCo…cheap food store and I’m buying whole foods, fresh fruits and veggies,….NO prepped or frozen foods and NEVER any meat!…can’t afford it!
Then people in front of me, using food stamps carts filled with steak, white bread, frozen pizza, bolognia, ice cream, soda pop and junk juice….spend $300 all in food stamps…I’m sweating bullets while counting my cash, often have to put something back…lets see…do without the beans this week?…NO…need protein, will forego toilet paper this week! Good thing hubbys working 55 hours week!

Jessica

Posted at 10:04 AM on November 18, 2011

You know, as an advocate for same-sex marriage I had to take a long hard look at my initial reaction to polygamy. I find it offensive on some fundamental level. The more I thought about it the more I realized the problem I have is NOT fundametally with the idea of polyamoury, the problem is that there are plenty of examples of polygamy, but almost NO examples of polyandry. When the day comes that those practicing polygamy can accept women can with multiple husbands I will gladly support the idea of multiple partners. But in the meantime, it makes me sick that these people are crying out for “equality in marriage” while suppressing gay rights and the rights of women. It’s all or nothing folks.

mynie

Posted at 4:47 PM on October 5, 2011

They want us to believe that this is this perfect family i actualy feel sorry for the kids as there is no way that he can give them all equal attention and love and watching the show it seems as he is a bit childish, also how can a man claim he loves four woman equal and for the woman to sit there and say im okay with this is just sick.its like having sumone elses leftovers every fourth nite.maby im just not openminded enough for something like this but to me maraige is supposed to be something special between two people that truly love each other and if you as a man know you cant stay true to one woman then you should not get involved or married for that matter. but then again this is just my opinion.

tryecrot

Posted at 9:08 PM on August 26, 2011

kimberly

Posted at 3:20 PM on May 24, 2011

OMG i love you for writeing this. Every word you wrote is true i can’t stand kody he gives me the creeps. The women are need of some theopy. I am also super botherd by Robyn to me she looks like a mistress and he seems to favor her in a creepy way.

June Marie

Posted at 5:54 AM on May 28, 2014

Robyn has all the power and comes out looking like apoor me victim She is 98% of the problem. She undermines everyone

maria

Posted at 7:40 PM on May 9, 2011

he just a male sex machine. making big bucks. i hope these ladies see the light. but when you’re making $75,000 per wife per expisode, you see only money. i don’t blame them. Do they think people are stupid? However, i still watch them. Intriging as it is, I’m hooked.

Ann

Posted at 12:58 AM on April 22, 2011

I disagree completely with your comments. Your name calling and rude comments make you sound like a insecure teenager, not an mature or objective adult. Just because you can NOT imagine yourself being happy in that type of relationship, does not mean that others are not happy in a polygamist relationship.
As an American it should be their RIGHT to marry whome they want (with the exception of minors, and siblings or mothers or daughters of their current wives for obvious reasons)… I thought church and state were SEPARATE… Who are we to tell grown consenting adults who they can and can’t marry or how many times they can be married. They all choose this life style, and not as 14 year old girls pushed to marry a 50 year old man. Robin certainly was not some FOOLED little girl, she was divorced and a mother… I am sure she knew what she was doing. (afterall she was raised in that lifestyle and was in a monogamus relationship/marraige herself).
It amazes me that we want to give gay people the right to marry but not allow other alternative lifestyle or marraige choices….??? We should let adults make these decisions themselves… when we (or I should say YOU) don’t agree with their lifesytle that should not affect their right to choice it? Personally I can’t believe it is against the law… they are grown adults if they want to SHARE their husband… that is their right. Many couples are swingers or have open marriages or just lie and cheat, and somehow we have accepted this as a society. But when you want to have a REAL relationship with a commitment and honesty with all partners, well now you have crossed the line… If women knew how many of them were SHARING their husbands NOW without their consent, this lifestyle would seem 10 times more honest and open.
I think many women would love to have another women that were there for them in the way that the sister wives are there for each other. That they could share emotionally share with, raise their kids with, help them with things they struggle with (all people have strengths and weaknesses), and that LOVE their children as their own. I personally can see many benefits from this lifestyle. Having almost lost my mother when I was young with a large family, and her being ill for a long time through treatments… it would have been great to have another mother that could have steped in to help. Friends and family are not the same and don’t have the time to really help as much as needed in those situations.
I think that you come across like you are insecure and jealous… I don’t think that you should judge them or their motivations when you have never met them.
I love watching their show and love the wives (though not a huge fan of Cody’s, nothing personal, just not my type at all)
I think the girls have a better situation than Cody, they get each other and time off from being a wife… Cody really doesn’t have his own space or his own room or even his own closet. What if he wants a night off… I would think the wife would not be happy after waiting 3 days, as they would have to wait 3 more again if they miss a night. I think the wives have the best deal of all… and I am a women, that is happy and married with 5 children. I am well educated, attractive and have married very well… (and I am not a polygamist, nor have I really ever personally known one).
However I am a open person that is willing to hear others with a open heart, and withhold my initial judgments or thoughts on subjects I have no real personal knowledge of or personal experience in. I have even teased my husband about wanting a sister wife… though he says no way… the more I watch the show, the more I would love a sister wife. So please don’t speak for all women as a expert, as clearly you are not on this subject.

Maria

Posted at 7:45 PM on May 9, 2011

Ann get a life. r u really that imature or stupid. it’s all about money honey. Dig a little further into the pc, and you’ll find how much they make per filming. this guy’s an ass, just like kate and jackass jon, it wil take a few years but we’ll get sick of seeing them on tv I’d say in about 2 years. i just hope the 20 kids will be ok.

Mary

Posted at 10:09 PM on July 9, 2011

It’s nice that Kody doesn’t have to do ANY housework, homework with the kids, or anything else. He just gets to go on dates and sleep with the women on their “special” night. I think these women are idoits! They all get to be single moms and get to have some stud share their bed, but only on their night. Where’s Kody when one of the kids needs help, or the new baby of Christine’s that gets up all night, or what about poor dumb Janelle that is a basically a single mom who gets to share her paycheck with Christine who doesn’t want to work. DUMB WOMEN!!!

Kathy

Posted at 10:34 PM on April 10, 2011

BRAVO! It was time to call a spade, a spade. What bothers me is that his wives all got government assistance due to their lifestyle choice. Let’s all hard so they don’t have to, and they can reproduce like rabbits in the meantime. I think these losers are now famous, and can pay it all back now.

Jadine

Posted at 6:48 PM on March 6, 2011

These women clearly have self esteem issues.

Keri

Posted at 8:41 PM on December 24, 2010

I do not agree with the judgements in this article. Who are you to judge this family without knowing or understanding it. I am not associated with any kind of polygamy and would never want to be, but if it is someone’s choice based on faith, who are we to say anything. (Unless of course there are abuses like in many polygamist sects having to do with child and sexual abuse etc.

This family is doing what is right for them and what they believe in. They admit to jealousy and having problems. I do not think it is fair to these women to say that they have no self-esteem and only think they deserve a quarter of a man. If this is the way they choose to live and they are taking care of their children and loving them, we should not judge them for their religious decisions.

Tatem

Posted at 3:09 AM on November 22, 2010

Oh, and Tammy, I’m sorry, but I laughed real hard about your government assistance gripe. If the Browns ARE on government assistance (which I don’t believe they are but who knows?) then I’d MUCH rather have my tax dollars go to a family that WORKS and just needs a little extra help, than to some lazy, drug addicted single mother with 6 kids who’s perfectly capable of working but CHOOSES not to because she wants a free ride from Mr. & Mrs. John Q Taxpayer. You know as well as I do that’s who the majority of “Welfarers” are in this country so don’t even try to deny it.

Why don’t you people just admit you want to complain? That you don’t care what you’re complaining about, just as long as you get to complain. Then at least people would respectfully disagree with what you have to say instead of just reading your comment and thinking you’re a judgmental nitwit (or a bible-thumping nitwit should you bring God into your argument).

Tatem

Posted at 2:05 AM on November 22, 2010

Wow, just…wow. I do not in any way, shape or form agree with the polygamist lifestyle (I’d crotch-punch my husband if the thought even crossed his mind), but I have to say it seems you’ve got a much bigger problem with this family then you should.

I watch this show because I’m curious about how the women deal with their marriages, and from what I’ve seen they seem like pretty normal people; not at ALL like the fanatical polygamists who wear prairie outfits, live in poverty on compounds, sexually abuse young girls and exile young boys. If anything, THOSE are the polygamists you should be writing snarky, hate-filled and judgmental articles about.

This is America, and we’re all to familiar with the various alternate lifestyles people live in this country. As long as all parties involved are consenting adults (the Browns are), and as long as their children are happy, healthy, and not abused (which is the impression I have from the show) then who are you or anyone else to look down on and judge them? I’m sure many people would disagree with some aspects of YOUR life, as well ad mine and every other person who has posted on this article. Am I going to write an article demeaning you because of it? Of course not. Your life is YOUR life and it’s not my place to judge you or tell you how to live it…how about you show the same courtesy to the Browns? Or are you just one of those “I’m perfect and do everything right and anyone who lives differently is wrong” types of people?

Hopefully you can at least accept constructive criticism gracefully and post my comment.

Ondine

Posted at 7:34 AM on October 17, 2010

This isn’t the first instance of communal living. And I disagree w/ the idea the wives have poor self-esteem or feel they don’t deserve a whole husband to themselves. For lack of better words, I can understand being willing to have a bit less of a husband to receive so much more in a lifestyle they find fulfilling. I think many other women might agree to plural marriage if they were to live in a separate house next-door, to give them their autonomy if they desire that, and to share a husband who might move from house to house on a weekly or other basis. I enjoy this tv show a great deal, especially since it is mostly being told from the wives’ viewpoints w/ Kody just a bit of a phantom side figure they share like a beloved doll. I wish this family very well and envy them and what they have created together.

Tammy

Posted at 2:08 AM on October 28, 2010

Well spoken, but absolutely absurd……..sorry but they are twisting the Word of God. God intended for one man to cleave to one woman for life. Now, certainly that does not always happen in the world we live in, however, the situation with Kody and his family is just wrong. He is legally married to one wife and the others are nothing more than his concubines. Since the state does not recognize the other marriages, how can he fully support them all along with all those children. The other three wives have to work in order to supplement the family income as well as to have health insurance unless they are receiving some type of government assistance, and in that case, who do you think is paying for them???? As the other person pointed out, with most families today, it is hard to manage with two parents and two or three kids, to be able to give the attention that is sorely needed to meet the needs of all family members. It is impossible for him to meet all the needs of each wife as well as all the children. The wives have to sacrifice so much in order to be in this relationship and it is clear they are hurting. The first three wives are hurting and the fourth wife is sadly not as sensitive to their feelings as she first portrayed as was seen in one of the episodes where she was trying to justify the time she and Kody were spending together. Truthfully, the only person I would think that is benefiting from this arrangement is Kody. He has a huge ego and is very good at evading reasonable questions in order to con his wives into thinking what he is doing is for their good and will make them better people. Unfortunately, I believe three of them grew up in a polygamist home, so they have been conditioned to believe this is okay or “normal”. Ladies, and I am speaking to Kody’s “wives”, you deserve better than a part time husband and father! I would encourage you to visit other churches to find out the truth about God and not something that someone made up and added to the Bible in order to justify this lifestyle. The Bible gives a warning in the book of Revelation about adding to or taking away from the Word of God. Do some research on false doctrine. I personally don’t think all is as well as they would like people to think.

Carly

Posted at 11:27 AM on October 6, 2010

This is terrible…I think it’s the most blatant display of “Male Superiority” that I’ve ever seen. I mean, c’mon? If one of his “wives” wanted to go on dates and “court” another man, I’m sure he’d flip his lid. It’s disgusting and pig-ish, and women should be more than this. Is it every man’s fantasy? Oh, I’m sure. Does every man do it? Absolutely not! And that’s because not every man can find FOUR women to completely bow down to him and let him do as he pleases. Obsurd, ridiculous, sickening…the whole situation enfuriates me!

mimi tholsted

Posted at 11:39 AM on October 1, 2010

Who is watching that lifestyle, it is sick…..sorry for the children, what a crime…..to do that today, we are not in the middleage………?

Blondnova

Posted at 1:20 PM on September 30, 2010

All of you women that are against this family sound extremely bitter. If you don’t want their lifestyle, then don’t live it. That is no reason to tear them down, call them morons and say they have low self esteem. I think it’s pretty brave of them to step forward and show the country how they live.

Kody is only legally married to one woman, the others are in name only- technically, that is not bigamy. In a way, it is no different than those women who have husbands that step out on them. It’s just these women are aware of the other relationships and are part of the other relationships.

Jennifer

Posted at 1:13 PM on September 28, 2010

Kody is a disgusting creep! He has an ego the size of the
Mormon church! Second thought, maybe he doesn’t and that is
his problem. He needs the love and admiration from several wives and tons of children. Ick!!!
These women obviously have such low self-esteem. It is painful
to watch them. They are so happy to get a bit of attention
from King Kody. It is really sad.
There is no way this man can be a good father to that many
children, no way!!!
Kody has a personality disorder that is out of control.

William Blake

Posted at 11:56 AM on September 28, 2010

Wow LeeAnn, your comment was posted so everyone can call you out on your unfortunate anti-woman attitudes. Consider yourself lucky to be viewed as a wingnut as much as these clowns (whom the police are investigating because of hearing about this idiotic show…d’oh!) are. Yippee?

Ris

Posted at 10:39 AM on September 28, 2010

I do not want their lifestyle, I would not choose it, i would not want it forced upon me; now having said that if that is what these people want go for it. I understand only one marriage being recognized by the government for tax purposes etc, but just like gay marriage…I don’t have to do it, but why should i limit someone elses freedom. I wish them all the best and I hope they, like all people, allow their children to choose their path.

LeeAnn

Posted at 7:17 PM on September 27, 2010

Wow! I guess if you walk in their shoes you would know how to judge this person. I personally know this family and compared to all the families I currently come into contact(there are a lot of them) are much healthier emotionally, physically and spiritually. I think your judgement does not have any weight on any thing but your own ignorance and stupidity. So you really don’t know what the hell your talking about. If you don’t agree lets see if you even allow my comment to be posted.

swan

Posted at 8:40 AM on September 28, 2010

leeann your foul mouth name calling just shows a disgruntled woman who knows that life.

classic

Posted at 6:01 PM on September 28, 2010

lee ann is a utah mormon name if i’ve ever heard one….just so you all know.

V8Slap

Posted at 4:10 PM on September 27, 2010

Now before I get bashed for this, I do not agree with his beliefs. However, I can see the benefits of being a tired mother and having time to yourself being a benefit. Never having to struggle to find a sitter and so on. I’ve been blessed with a wonderful partner, but many women have a lump on the couch and gettin’ any more than these ladies. Many women with more than one child will agree that sometimes you’re just too tired for a roll in the sack. Now jealousy… I watched the show last night. They admitted to jealousy.

AliceV

Posted at 3:36 PM on September 27, 2010

The only one making out here is that a**hole Kody – and the women are the biggeset morons for falling for it. the only ones I actually feel sorry for are the kids who didn’t ask for any of this.

June Marie

Posted at 5:58 AM on May 28, 2014

BEfore Robyn the girls had respect and helped each other with kids. Not so now.

Beth

Posted at 2:10 PM on September 27, 2010

Kudos, Bonnie. While I don’t think this piece will have any honors bestowed on it, I love its frankness.