BFFs — do you think Nucky has it in him to take down Tony Soprano as America’s favorite Mob boss?
OMG! There is a new boss in town on HBO! Steve Buscemi has taken over the mafioso world as Enuch “Nucky” Thompson, head mobster in Atlantic City, in the all new Broadway Empire, but we have to ask — can this new don steal the crime world from under James Gandolfini who played mob boss Tony Soprano in The Sopranos?
Here are some bullets to help you compare the two bosses.
Steve Buscemi as Nucky in Boardwalk Empire:
- Nucky is the treasurer of Atlantic City.
- His character was created based on Enoch L. Johnson.
- He’s a part time politician, part time gangster.
- Controls all of the underground illegal activities in Atlantic City during the Prohibition error starting in 1920.
- Supplies alcohol to NYC, Philadelphia and Chicago crime families.
- The new boss on the block, but has been confirmed for a season 2 of Boardwalk Empire!
James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano in The Sopranos:
- Started out as a capo on The Sopranos, but got promoted to active boss.
- Full time mobster, controlling the New Jersey territories starting in the late 1980’s through the 21st century.
- The Soprano or DiMeo family characters were created based on the actual DeCavalcante crime family (that runs NJ in real life).
- James’ character remained the boss for 6 seasons on HBO!
- JAMES IS TONY SOPRANO!
BFF’s you tell us, does Nucky have what it’s going to take to bring Tony Soprano down? Can Boardwalk Empire manage the same amount of popularity as The Sopranos? Share your thoughts below!
– Lindsey DiMattina