Lindsey Says: Brad Womack Should NOT Be 'The Bachelor' AGAIN! What A Bad Idea!

Fri, September 24, 2010 2:37pm EDT by 7 Comments
Courtesy Of ABC

Courtesy Of ABC

BRAD DOES NOT DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE! He blew it the first time around, so what makes ABC think that he will find his “true love” this time?

Though it has yet to be officially confirmed, rumor has it that season 11 Bachelor Brad Womack is returning for a second round on the all new season 15. My take: this is a BAD, BAD idea!

While Brad may have originally stolen the hearts of every female patron to the show the first time he appeared on television, if he returns for a second go, fans (including myself) are going to have some major bones to pick with ABC.

For those of you who don’t remember, Brad was the good looking Bachelor from Texas who embarked on season 11 in the hopes of finding “true love.” But when it came down to giving the final rose to one of the two remaining contestants — Jenni Croft and DeAnna Pappas — Brad bailed. Talk about commitment issues!

When Brad left the show single — and both Jenni and DeAnna heartbroken — America’s dream boy lost all credibility. He basically destroyed the meaning of the show — the idea that true love actually does exist — for all of it’s viewers!

So to hear that Brad may get a second chance really makes me mad. I have dedicated so much of my time to this show in the belief that it has the ability to help people find their soul mates — it gives me faith that romance and love are actual facts of life, not just fairytales. But if Brad returns, he is going to destroy this for me.

ABC, I really hope you guys didn’t sign Brad on again, because if you did, I can promise that your ratings are going to plummet. NO ONE wants to see Brad break any more hearts, especially ours!

BFFs — don’t you think it’s a horrible idea for Brad to be allowed to return as the season 15 Bachelor? He already had his chance and he blew it! Share your thoughts below and VOTE!

- Lindsey DiMattina

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Brent Charles

Posted at 9:32 PM on September 24, 2010

HA, the meaning of the show? Which is? PLEASE TELL US ALL….Poor peice. Brad is back FOR SURE! For more spoilers see the REALITY TV SOCIAL NETWORK http://www.TVFanSpace.com

GO3

Posted at 7:44 PM on September 24, 2010

I can only accept this guy join the Bachelorette, not Bachelor.

I guess the producer may just use him to lower the expectation of fans because the next bachelor is not a popular choice.

Jina

Posted at 5:42 PM on September 24, 2010

I have nothing against the guy but he’s already had his chance. Once is enough, no need to go through the same thing twice. I definitely will be done with this show if ABC is stupid enough to recast him.

louise77

Posted at 3:23 PM on September 24, 2010

I get the feeling that if he had chose somebody and dumped her two weeks later, people would be bashing Brad left and right. This isn’t about committment issues. It’s about not stringing somebody along. I think he proved what a good guy he is. He knew both women weren’t for him and told them the truth. It’s really sad and pathetic that people would rather him hurt somebody later than sooner just to make a better show.

gbtw

Posted at 4:09 PM on September 24, 2010

i agree that there is a way to look at his behavior as admirable, versus picking someone merely so that he could ride the celebrity train and make money off of the appearances and endorsements and all that down the line (a la jake and MANY other of these couples)… i liked this guy fine when he was on, but i’m just over these types of shows- and can’t imagine the interest in recycling a contestant. but maybe that’ll turn out to be a new trend that actually IS interesting… who knows.

gbtw

Posted at 3:00 PM on September 24, 2010

ugh. another franchise tv show i will be able to put in the “i give up” pile along with real housewives and idol. aren’t we all sick of these shows yet? when they have to recycle contestants, isn’t it trying to tell us something? lindsey, for once, you and i agree about something involving this show! i think your article fails to include however, the allegations that this guy was still involved with a girl back home (like so many contestants), and that was the real reason he wouldn’t commit. i’m sure he’ll do some intro about how he wasn’t ready back then b/c he hadn’t resolved issues, blah, blah, blah, and now he’s REALLY ready… ugh. o v e r it. he’s cute, but you can see in his eyes that there is something missing/empty inside of him. not sure what. alas, i will NOT be watching this, nor any more bachelor, bachelorette shows. like you, i’ve invested a lot of time into these shows, and, for me, I THINK IT’S TOO MUCH AND TIME TO MOVE ON!

shinnn

Posted at 8:14 PM on January 3, 2011

There’s so many, I’m sure, sincere bachelors available who would and should be given a chance to find love also. Come on ABC, why not be realistically fair. This may appear t/b favoritism. Also many women across America, I’m sure, were really disappointed and may appear and bring dishonesty with them this season.