Andy’s ‘Vampire Diaries’ Afterthoughts: Elena Should Be With Damon & Stefan Should Be With Caroline!

Thu, September 23, 2010 11:59pm EDT by 154 Comments

The couples on this show are all wrong! Allow me to recast them so they make more sense:

Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) have always seemed like such a sickeningly sweet, and mostly perfect, couple — but after watching the Sept. 23 episode of The Vampire Diaries, I think it’s time these two go their separate ways. It’s so obvious that Elena should be with Damon (Ian Somerhalder), a guy who can actually challenge her, and Stefan fits better with newbie vamp Caroline (Candice Accola) because she brings out his fun side.

Keep in mind, I’ve never read the book series the show is based on, so I have no idea what’s going to happen. But it seems pretty clear these are two very mixed-up couples. Here are 4 reasons why my theory is correct:

1. Nina and Ian’s scenes (aka the one at the end of tonight’s episode) are so much more emotional than the ones between Nina and Paul. Those interactions have gotten kind of flat.
  2. Damon is still totally hung up on Katherine, so it’s only natural that he would move on to someone who reminds him of her. Gee, I wonder where he could find someone.
  3. Caroline is up for grabs now that Matt (Zach Roerig) decided to dump her.
  4. And finally: You all already agree with me! You voted that Ian and Nina make a hotter on-screen pair than Twilight‘s Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, so you obviously dig them together.

Am I right, or am I right?

— Andy Swift

eddie usher

Posted at 2:28 PM on March 11, 2014

stefen deserves more than the girls that works in vampire diaries but from all he deserves to be with caroline because she makes him fun

Delena

Posted at 9:05 PM on February 23, 2014

Delena forever !
Damon and Elena have more chemistry than Stelena .
There are times that Stefan and Elena are so straights together that is VERY annoying because when she ta with Damon is not so.
In the current situation to the Katherine really angry that they deem most want a way to bring her back , Damon has to go back to Elena and Stefan have to stay with Katherine so couples are kinda balanced , not too clean-cut and or too impulsive.
I think people TVD made ​​through a failure because type for Katherine died she had to have gone through the Bonnie (which is now the anchor ) and not step does not believe they distrusted it yet !
And seriously if u is a Stelena , sure u are one of those girls who likes corny enchanted princes , if u like it go watch Cinderella talking amicably . The idea of ​​an impossible love , falling in love with the wrong guy , a change on the other is much cooler . Jack thinks the Titanic gap a millionaire by Rose and fell in love …. not only would story would be simply a sinking boat !
Stelenas please ask yourself : Why is vc Stelena ? And no, say the couple is pretty perfect , I’m sorry is not an argument !
In my point of view I , honestly think Elena just fell in love with Stefan because like her ( 4x 22 ) why he appeared at a time of her that she needed someone says life .
Finally I leave the following sentence :
“Not that it makes him feel and a better person , she does , but …
Him too her changes . Damon challenges , surprises , he makes her question her life , her beliefs . Stefan is different . His love is pure , and it will be good for her . Damon is either the best thing or the worst! “

mplate01

Posted at 2:06 PM on September 13, 2014

Why should a girl have to question her morals. Anyways I’m Stelena is my ship because I love how Stefan is willing to go through hell and back for her. The chemistry and tension they have. He values her opinions. He will always protect her.

DELENA

Posted at 1:40 PM on February 2, 2014

Delena!♥

em

Posted at 7:19 AM on September 24, 2013

delena!!

Nuria

Posted at 6:02 PM on September 5, 2012

Nop. Stefan and Elena forever. They make a perfect couple. Team Stelena.
Then,I like Caroline with Klaus. I adored Jeremy with Anna but …
Anyway, Stelena forever.

Michelle

Posted at 6:38 AM on February 5, 2012

Damon and Elena
Stefan and Katherine

Caroline and Tyler, Matt, Klaus even Stefan.. I think that girl would have great chemestry with almost everyone..

Never like Jeremy and Bonnie… We need someone new to Bonnie..

I always thougt Jeremy and katherine could be interesting, but they can’t really do that because it would be wierd because katherine and elena look so much a like..

I also think kat and Matt could be kinda cute..

But I don’t really care that much about who ends up together as long as I get DELENA!!!!

Lalaland

Posted at 10:23 PM on January 24, 2012

Delena. They have the chemistry that Stelena don’t.
Plus, how can Stelena fans survive? The online poll being sent to TVD in March shows that Delena is whooping Stelena’s butt 84% to 16%

Maria

Posted at 12:59 AM on January 18, 2012

Delena. There for your argument in invalid. Have a nice day.

Delena forever

Posted at 2:32 PM on December 30, 2011

DELENA IS AWESOME AND FOR ALL THE STELENA LOVERS EVEN THE AUTHOR OF THE SERIES LIKES DELENA BETTER stupid publishers made her change it though. I can’t even watch or read about stelena moments cuz there so sickenly sweet and awkward and just total blarg. Damon has a sense of humor, does everything in his power to protect Elena and is changing for the better. Plus I am getting really sick of the oh-so-perfect-absolutely-good-and-morally-right-in-every-way-yet-has-control-issues-vampires falling for the the sweet determined huma n couple. Damon is a real vampire and makes the show interesting while stelena bores me to tears. LONG LIVE DELENA!!!!!!!

Lola

Posted at 5:57 PM on January 14, 2014

Damon and Elena are all sexual an no meaning , stelena is both

jenny

Posted at 12:21 PM on September 11, 2011

oh wtf! i wouldn’t have second thought to throw all my DVD collections into trash if elena and damon will end up together at the end of the story!that’s a big no no! and hey all DELENA fans wtf hell we care we STELENA fans if damon is way hotter and sexier than stefan? The story is not all about those sexy stuffs! This is all about having a real sweet romantic guy.
Now I know, I’m no more surprise why most men(heard lots from american&european guys)nowadays are trying to say that its hard for them to look for the right girl that deserves them though how hard they try to show everything coz alot of girls now are up to a hot sexy guy and been more aggressive. how is that? oh what a turn off right girls? does it sound so mean?!
anyway, back to the show i still believe STELENA will rock together til the end! STELENA TRUE LOVE ALL THE WAY!<3 OTHERWISE I WILL TALK TO AL QAEDA GROUP FOR A SECOND GRAND BOMBING IF THEY WILL CHANGE THE STORY!lols

loveofdelena

Posted at 6:09 AM on July 24, 2011

DELENA FWT!! THEY ARE HARDCORE!! THEY HAVE PASSION, INTENSE CHEMISTRY,HONESTY, DEVELOPMENT, FRIENDSHIP, UNDERSTANDING, THEY HAVE ANGST, HUMOUR, SEXUAL TENSION…YOU NAME IT!! DELENA HAS IT!! AND WHAT DO STELENA HAVE HMMM? CHEESEY, PREDICTABLE,UNDERDEVELOPED, FAIRYTALE BULLSHIT!! DELENA ARE THE REAL DEAL!!, DELENA FOREVER!!! THEY HAVE TO KISS SOONER OR LATER!! :)

Lola

Posted at 5:59 PM on January 14, 2014

Delena is fake , Elena is sired

Rossie

Posted at 12:35 PM on June 14, 2011

Steroline FTW!! <3 Delena can be together for all i care, just as long as Stefan&Caroline end up together!! <3Steroline<3

ANONYMOUS

Posted at 1:05 AM on April 15, 2011

Delena
DELENA
DELENA

I DONT LIKE SEFAN HE’S BORING… :)

Ashley

Posted at 3:50 PM on April 5, 2011

Andy you should read the books before making after thought, otherwise you will make any stupid assumption, you will make TVD Gossip Girl where everyone hook ups with everyone, it’s Damon/Elena but not Stefan/Caroline, Stefan/Katherine.Even in books, Stefan was obsessed over Katherine.

Sonia

Posted at 10:54 PM on February 13, 2011

STEFAN AND ELENA ALLLLLL THE WAY!!!

guest

Posted at 8:49 PM on February 6, 2011

i think “delena” would actually turn the entire premise of the show around. its supposed to be a love story btw elena and stefan and, like real relationships, the whole passion thing might degrade over time which is why some ppl may find the idea of the “passion/intrigue” btw damon and elena so…intriguing! it happens in most relationships and i like to think that the writers will keep elena and stefan together to carry on with the entire basis of the show: “love endures”, which is what the books are about anyway. while it would be cool to see damon and elena together, dont get me wrong its a definite shakeup for the show, the whole foundation of it would change because without stefan and elena together, you lose the main love story and are left with a series of them.

guest

Posted at 3:13 PM on January 15, 2011

damon and elena should go together because she brings out the nice damon (and shouldnt he get the girl he wants this time?)
stefan and caroline because she brings out the fun stefan
simple

Lola

Posted at 6:02 PM on January 14, 2014

Elena takes the fun out of the Damon so stelena is way better

Danira

Posted at 10:12 AM on December 15, 2010

Delena forever!!! ♥

Atheena

Posted at 8:40 PM on November 27, 2010

Seriously?!! Caroline and Stefan?! Noooo!

Sam

Posted at 12:41 AM on October 17, 2010

DELENA ARE MEANT TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!♥♥♥

I only watch the show (and read the books) for them!!!