LAURA'S LOVE LIFE ADVICE: If Your Guy Cheats Once, Chances Are He'll Do It Again — Don't Take Him Back!

Wed, September 22, 2010 9:12pm EDT by 12 Comments

Balthazar Getty is finally talking about his affair with Sienna Miller and professing his relief that wife Rosetta took him back. But she shouldn’t have — he’ll just do it again!

I’ve got some cold, hard truth for you, ladies. Although we wish it to be otherwise and think that he’ll change, a man who cheats once WILL do it again.

Take Balthazar Getty, for example. The self-proclaimed “family man” left his wife and four children in 2008 to cavort around Europe with Sienna Miller. She was young, blond, childless and loved going topless — the perfect combination for a man who had his mid-life crisis early at the age of 33. The relationship went sour, of course – because seriously? What relationship is going to work when one of the partners is already married!? – and Balthazar’s long-suffering wife, Rosetta, took him back.

“It was a very challenging time for everybody involved,” the 35-year-old former Brothers & Sisters star told the Harper’s Bazaar. “I loved and missed my family too much not to make it work,” he says. “Rosetta is understanding enough and spiritual enough to let us try.”

Ha. Read between the lines here, BFFs. “Understanding” means “I begged” and “spiritual enough”  means “I promised you could cut my you-know-what-off” if I ever do it again.” Just like the hidden meaning behind Balthazar’s statements, his words are nothing more than empty promises.

Cheating is an addiction, and very hard to beat completely. If your man has done it once, he WILL do it again. He won’t change – so it will have to be YOU that walks away.

Has YOUR man ever strayed, and did you take him back or kick him to the curb? Weigh in with your story below!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

boobylove

Posted at 11:04 AM on September 23, 2010

Laura sounds like she is a scorned woman who had been cheated on a few to many times. Obviously someone who is willing to make such a strong statement has evidence that proves these claims. If not, you are sending out a poorly thought out message to allot of women who may have been cheated on now after reading your blog feel there is no hope for a reconciliation. Here’s the difference between Celebrities and the normal folk. Celebrities are always tempted by temptation. It’s thrown in there face all the time. Money,fame, drugs, booze, and woman toxic combination. Now if Laura said;”Balthazar Getty is going to cheat again.” (Which she did but she also stated all men will and do cheat again which is so wrong) That, I have no doubt of he will or it may all end in divorce. Balthazar Getty is a jerk who made no secret of his affair with Sienna. He actually flaunted it in front of cameras, friends, and even his wife and kids. This guy has no morals. He has too much money, a super famous family. And where there is to much money there is too much temptation to deal with. But women out there the normal amazing women who are confronted with a cheating man please don’t instantly think he will do it again. There are many man and women who screwed up for whatever reason. But,from my personal research into the subject it is usually from feelings of inadequacies, loneliness, and doubt of who they are in the relationship. Just do your research learn to communicate get help if you love the person enough. As long as there is no abuse of any kind associated with the relationship there may be hope…

amb

Posted at 1:55 PM on September 6, 2011

Thank you for your encouraging words Boobylove. I am dealing with just finding my boyfriend of 10 years has been cheating on me the last 2 weeks. Its really hard to trash 10 years without at least trying to get help from counseling. He says he’s so sorry and doesn’t understand why he did it. He’s changed before and stopped using drugs. I hope this can be changed also. I love him so much, but I hate feeling the way he has made me feel. I feel dirty and violated. I asked if he would be willing to seek help and he is willing. I won’t guarentee it will fix this, but I think it would be good for both of us even if it doesn’t work. It will at least bring closure. I just fear this ‘once a cheater always a cheater’ stigma will hold true and if it does, what will happen to my mental stability?

scarla

Posted at 9:06 AM on September 23, 2010

You’re probably right Laura, once a cheater always a cheater, but things aren’t usually that simple in love…..
The one thing I disagree on, is that CHEATING is an ADDICTION…that’s a Hollywood-sized excuse just like the new SEX ADDICT syndrome (thank you very much Mel Gibson and Fox Mulder) Guys act like ignorant self-serving pigs and then get a medical diagnosis to get out of it….what a joke.

gbtw

Posted at 9:12 AM on September 23, 2010

i agree! this sex addict stuff is so RIDICULOUS! i mean, c’mon! just say you cheated for cs, and move on!

Luv2LuvYa

Posted at 8:01 AM on September 23, 2010

It’s my personal experience too and I was dumb enough to take him back. This guy is a creep – his wife way be sticking around for money or whatever, but she’s got to be in a world of pain.

Goldfish

Posted at 12:52 AM on September 23, 2010

Relationships are never not complicated… But at the end- and this is my personal experience – if he cheated once he will do it again- it’s the question if you want to see the truth or not…
In the Getty- Story I only feel really sorry for the kids.

gbtw

Posted at 9:15 AM on September 23, 2010

not necessarily if you want to “see” the truth (tho sometimes), but also whether the truth is acceptable to you. it may be acceptable to this woman that this guy has a fling now and then. i have friends from other cultures that care very little about this and would never throw away a marriage over it. all they care about is that it is done in a manner that their friends would never know that their husband is doing this- out of circle, so to speak. i’m not passing judgment on whether that’s right/wrong/acceptable/crazy- but some people do not consider monogamy to be realistic or important at a certain level.

Kelly2

Posted at 12:38 AM on September 23, 2010

Sienna is a total sleaze and I’m with Laura — tigers don’t change their stripes.

louise77

Posted at 9:13 PM on September 22, 2010

Considering they’ve been together for years and have four children, just walking away isn’t and shouldn’t be that easy. I do think Balt is a pig but it’s better to try then to throw in towel.

Betty Botox

Posted at 7:49 PM on September 22, 2010

First of all, Sienna Miller’s name was never mentioned by either Getty in the article. We are not talking about Mr. and Mrs. Average Joe here. This is the Getty family. Scandal is their middle name. The bottom line was, Sienna was not worth letting go of millions of dollars to his wife. Mrs. Getty is no fool. She took the high road while photos of her husband and a topless Sienna (on a boat) appeared all over the world. While the photos in the magazine are beautiful to look at, what happened when the film crew left and they were on their own with the kids? I do not envy this couple in any way. And will Jude Law ever actually marry Ms. Miller? Highly doubtful. She is the big loser in this triangle.

gbtw

Posted at 7:37 PM on September 22, 2010

ps- who names their kid balthazar? i mean, c’mon. he was destined to be an ah.

gbtw

Posted at 7:35 PM on September 22, 2010

this guy is a db, and sienna is a sleaze. let’s put that on the table first. that said, i think relationships are complicated things and sometimes a person has to measure and weigh what they will put up with to reap the benefits. i haven’t a clue what type of relationship these two have, but i’ve got to imagine after having 4 kids together that they’re so entwined that they might as well be flesh and blood. and we all know we don’t choose our family, we’re stuck with it. long story short, i don’t think every woman that takes her cheating man back is a fool or clueless about the chances that he’ll cheat again. i also don’t think she’s pathetic or desperate. i mean, she might be, but- i think it’s a little more complicated than ‘throw him to the curb’… it’s her choice to take a chance on letting the father of her kids back in, and it’s likely a very thoughtful step in her life about which she has considered all of the risks. and on to more important things- i can’t believe how YOUNG he is! he looks OLD! picture of dorian gray…