LAURA SAYS: 'American Idol' Is Going Down The Tubes! Hiring Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler Was A Stupid Decision!

Wed, September 22, 2010 3:33pm EST by 9 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

It was confirmed today that J. Lo, Steven and Randy Jackson would make up the judging panel on Idol, but I don’t think this motley crew is going to gel! Do you?

What oh what will become of my beloved American Idol now that Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi have been replaced by Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler? I think I have an idea — and the outcome is NOT going to be pretty.

The unhappy announcement was made today, Sept. 22, that J. Lo and Aerosmith singer Steven would be joining Randy Jackson on the judging panel, and although I’m happy that Randy is sticking around, I think Fox has made a serious mistake.

Steven is too whacked out for viewers to identify with. Sure, the Baby Boomers will be stoked to see him on the show, but who’s really going to appreciate his addled drugs & rock ‘n roll sensibility? Liv Tyler‘s rocker dad says he plans on becoming this season’s answer to former judge Paula Abdul by “giving everybody a little love”, but he doesn’t have the adorable dippiness that made Paula so unique.

Jennifer is totally the wrong choice to replace Simon. She may have a mouth on her, but that’s not the same thing as being RIGHT. Every Idol fan knew the only opinion that counted was Simon’s, and I’m going to have a hard time believing that J.Lo – who’s music career has totally bombed – knows what she’s talking about when it comes to legitimate talent.

At least Randy is still kicking around. He may not have the most concise criticisms, but he’s a pro — and the show would have crumbled without his presence. “I can’t believe it’s been 10 years of the greatest show in the world,” he said during a press conference this morning. “I am looking forward to this next season; we are going to knock it out of the park. Season 10 is going to be hot!”

I’m not so sure about that, dawg…

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Kimmie

Posted at 3:01 PM on October 8, 2010

You are absolutely spot on, except that Kara and Ellen were also stupid mistakes. The only REAL judging panel is Simon, Paula, and Randy. And that is IT. But without Simon, this show is already history. They should have just pulled the plug the minute he walked out the door. Simon DEFINED American Idol, and not only is the show over without him, the two desperately placed stunt casters are only twisting the knife, as Ellen did after Paula left. Everyone is finally beginning to see that the Emperor is naked, and this “new” American Idol is nothing but a waste of time.

rohaima

Posted at 7:27 AM on July 5, 2012

i disagree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
j-lo is better than the 2!

vbjgj

Posted at 6:27 AM on September 23, 2010

LOL… Search “MyDiscountBag” on google to Get High quality luxury bags

Vet

Posted at 9:26 PM on September 22, 2010

Oh, P.S. to my last comment:

Who would miss that filthy pig Ellen Degenerate?
She’s (It’s) just as nasty as that filthy fat pig Rosie O’Donnell. In fact, both of these nauseating piles of dog-$hit smell like a hog’s corn-hole! Neither are the least bit funny! Neither one of these walking rectums have one ounce of talent. Both are ugly as ugly can be! Oh wait, I’m sorry, I forgot, we have to be nice to them, and give them a television program because they’re homosexuals. Now, let me see, are these two pigs “married” to each other? These two vile vomit-bags are exactly what’s bringing this country to its knees with their whining about “My rights, my rights to get married to another of the same sex!” Hopefully, they’ll both get hit by a train…

rohaima

Posted at 7:33 AM on July 5, 2012

i don’t care of them(paula and simon)
i just love jennifer lopez.
__________________-we love you jen!!!!!!!!!!!

mimi tholsted

Posted at 7:26 PM on September 22, 2010

……..and why should it go down the tube? ..it was not very good the panel as it was, except for Simon……why not …I am sure the new panel will put some “umpf” on the show…..the show needed a new face for sure…………thats my opinion!

Stormyboo

Posted at 7:04 PM on September 22, 2010

I think AI finally jumped the shark, things won’t be the same w/out Simon, people will watch, a lot of seniors vote, and when they look at Steven Tyler, he will scare them and they will turn the channel and there you go BYE BYE AI

gbtw

Posted at 5:17 PM on September 22, 2010

laura, yah, it’s looking ugly… my fav part of your article is your stuff on j.lo. they’re high, too, if they think she can be the leader of this crew. there’s still no head/simon. at best, she’s kara; randy’s randy; tyler could be paula, i suppose- in some weird cracked out rocker way. who knows what will happen… are we at all intrigued enough by the train wreck to watch?

scarla

Posted at 5:01 PM on September 22, 2010

I’m with you Laura. AI is going down the tubes. How about a Hollywood Life update on the other AI…Simon’s new show?

1. If Steven Tyler=Paula, then they’re all high and that’s the plan.
2. If JLo is replacing Simon, it’s only in Nigel Lythgoe’s SYTYCD lip-sync-music-video dream version of the show.
3. That Randy is being billed as the anchor may be a good move. At least the critiques will be 3 words or less “dawg” “that’s the bomb’…