Announcement! Nina Dobrev & Ian Somerhalder Beat Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson As Hottest Vampire Hookup!

Tue, September 21, 2010 1:47pm EST by 112 Comments
Loading video...

Over 300,000 votes were counted and it is Nina and Ian that readers agree are the hottest human-vampire couple!

Move aside Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, there is a new couple HollywoodLifers prefer to see steam up the screen! In the narrowest of margins, Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder have defeated quintessential human-vampire couple R-Patz and K-Stew as the hottest vampire hookup! Twilight nation mourns!

As we previously mentioned, the Sept. 9 season premiere of The Vampire Diaries featured one of TV’s steamiest scenes ever between Ian and Nina, and now you can relive it all above.

So HollywoodLifers, what do you say about this new hot couple?

CHECK OUT OUR ORIGINAL POLL & SEE THE RESULTS FOR HOTTEST VAMPIRE HOOKUP!

Tessa

Posted at 9:34 AM on September 22, 2010

Ok, everybody knows that vampire diaries won’t be forgotten in time. those first books were written in 1992 and there are still coming more and more books. they even made a tv show.
But the twilight books got a movie. people liked to movie and started reading the books. stephanie meyer wasn’t known before people. l.j. smith was already writing books.
we’ll see wich books will be forgotten.

And don’t talk crap about wich is better.
We all know the anwser to that question.

robsten

Posted at 4:22 PM on September 23, 2010

SM WAS KNOWN BEFORE IF SHE WASN’T HER BOOKS WOULDN’T HAVE SOLD MILLIONS SO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. TWILIGHT WON’T BE FORGETEN. EVERYONE I KNOW DOESN’T EVEN KNOW WHAT VAMPIRE DIARIES IS! LOL BUT LIKE EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT TWILIGHT IS BY NOW. SO STOP BEING BITTER.

NatK

Posted at 4:40 PM on September 26, 2010

SO STOP BEING BITTER.

I’m sorry but I think your the one that being bitter. Just because your beloved Robert & Kristen didn’t win one online poll.

Delena

Posted at 9:33 AM on September 22, 2010

So glad Nina & Ian won! :D
I’m sorry to all the Twi-hards who will probably hate me now but The Vampire Diaries is sooo much better and has a hotter cast!
I read all the Twilight books and loved them… but then saw the films and just laughed! They were terrible in comparison to the books, the acting wasn’t great and Rob Patz did not fit the Edward I had imagined. Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley are the perfect vampires, and are my favourites at the moment, followed closely by True Blood’s Alex Skarsgård.

NatK

Posted at 4:21 PM on September 22, 2010

I agree with all your comment.

Rossy

Posted at 9:26 AM on September 22, 2010

Yes!!! Ian&Nina ftw

Marcelle

Posted at 9:12 AM on September 22, 2010

YES ! lan e nina forever !

Damon_Love

Posted at 7:55 AM on September 22, 2010

yeeeeee♥ Ian&Nina Love♥

Violet

Posted at 7:44 AM on September 22, 2010

yeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

isabella

Posted at 7:09 AM on September 22, 2010

YAY! i didn’t even vote and ian/nina still won :D
they’re SOOO much hotter then robsten!

Amy

Posted at 6:10 AM on September 22, 2010

YAY, the best couple wins!!!
Ian and Nina are so hot together, i love this show!

Edward isn’t even a Vampire. He lives in the forest, he doesn’t eat people, and he sparkles. He’s obviously a fairy ;)

jen

Posted at 3:42 AM on September 22, 2010

forget the sarcasm Angie. I think twilight will stay, since California State University has offered studies about it. Its strange, but true.

jen

Posted at 3:35 AM on September 22, 2010

twilight fans, eclipse is officially over the 300 million mark. Its now running towards the 700 million mark worldwide! Congratulations Robsten!

Kristen fans, an OSCAR buzz for Kristen in WTTR? Hopefully! Critics are raving about it.

Breaking Dawn will not be shot in 3-D. That’s the latest official statement from summit according to Gossip Cop.

Three of Rob’s films will be released in 2011. Bel-Ami, Water for elephants and Breaking Dawn part 1! Lucky guy!

jen

Posted at 3:19 AM on September 22, 2010

yup! The votes were running like 52.7 and it was change to 52.1 in a millisecond. VD votes were nailed. It wasn’t even moving, while Robsten’s are in a momentum. How? Unless there were 100, 000 inflock of VD fans to override .6% of the total votes in a millisecond.

What the hell is going on?:)))))!!

jen

Posted at 2:43 AM on September 22, 2010

my fingers are hurting! LOL! I voted 500 times for Robert and Kristen, and I will never hear the end of it from my fellow Robsteners! Ahuh..yes, they did not vote, because they do not know that there’s a poll going on for Rob and Kristen! Apparently, the 9million+ hits haven’t heard of the name HWL! LOL!

At least I did my part!:)))))!!!

Krystal

Posted at 7:17 AM on September 23, 2010

You voted 500 times? You are VERY VERY VERY PATHETIC. Get a life psycho.

robsten

Posted at 4:23 PM on September 23, 2010

YOUR THE PYSCHO. let people state there opinions your so childish.

Raven

Posted at 2:15 AM on September 22, 2010

When were Rob and Kristen ever hot? They shouldn’t have even been in the same category as Ian and Nina. And I’m pretty sure the Twilight fans knew about it, but who cares, Nina and Ian won! Well deserved, especially that sexy scene from episode one of the second season.

Silvia

Posted at 12:57 AM on September 22, 2010

Yeah, I love Twilight just as much as any twi-hard, but how can they even compare to the hotness that was that Katherine/Damon scene?! they just can’t. Ian is by far the hottest guy to ever play a vampire. And I totally agree with LOL2, if they meant cutest scene, well Twilight would have won…

Spuffy

Posted at 12:10 AM on September 22, 2010

Nian FTW.

Angie

Posted at 11:25 PM on September 21, 2010

Oh, I’m sure Twilight will be remembered…twenty years from now on a VHI special entitled, “Strange Fads of Early the early Millenium.”

Lala

Posted at 2:28 AM on September 22, 2010

LOL! THIS SO MUCH! xD

Ellie

Posted at 10:15 PM on September 21, 2010

Yay the best couple won. Ian and Nina are soooooo hot together.

bellelise

Posted at 8:23 PM on September 21, 2010

It was always funny that hollywood life wouldnt let the score go to 53. Would go to 52.99 and then go to 52.1. Rigged. last hit on HL………..RIGGED

Jamie

Posted at 9:13 PM on September 21, 2010

LMFAO I love how Twilight fans can’t accept that not everybody loves Rob and Kristen and lameass Twilight and not everybody thinks Edward Cullen is ‘the best vampire ever!’ Delusional, but I wouldn’t expect anything less from you Twi-hards.

Laura_GG86

Posted at 8:14 PM on September 21, 2010

…ookkkk. If the “Twilight Fans” knew of this they would of won?…Yeah because there must be an “army” of them, Twilight and their Sparkly Vampires are unbeatable. Get over it they lost! How on Earth can anyone find Robert Pattison sexy! Ian on the other hand…Well that speaks for itself. :P

Jamie

Posted at 9:11 PM on September 21, 2010

LMFAO Everything you said is so true, especially about Ian vs. Rob.

TeamBellandEdward

Posted at 5:14 PM on September 21, 2010

I love how Vampire Diaries is good because they can do what they want it’s too bad the source material sucks.
The Twilight actors will do better things too but at least the books are loved and will be favorites in peoples homes for years and years after the movies.

Lauren

Posted at 6:32 PM on September 21, 2010

You make me laugh.
‘Vampire Diaries will be forgettable in a couple of years and the actors will move on.’

First off, the Vampire Diaries books were made sometime in the 1990’s, meaning, oh look the Vampire Diaries wasn’t forgettable for over 10 years and more books are still coming out.
Also, the Vampire Diaries books are also loved, becuase if they weren’t, well then it probably wouldn’t have been made into a show.
And you think Twilight will be unforgettable? Right.

Nina

Posted at 7:05 PM on September 21, 2010

Well said Lauren! :D

Laura

Posted at 8:09 PM on September 21, 2010

hahaha So true. I hate how people are so obsessed with Twilight and it’s Sparkly vampires….yeah that’s a reason why Vampires can’t go in the sun..right! :P

Jamie

Posted at 9:02 PM on September 21, 2010

THIS.

LOL2

Posted at 12:44 AM on September 22, 2010

I personally think that both stories are great, as far as the vampire diaries go I love their show but not their books and as for twilight I love their books but not their movies cause I dont really like the way the main characters act they just dont put much emotion into their parts though I love their stories and I dont care about the sparkly vampires it doesnt bother me much, its practically unessential so truly people just let that go… Anyways their victory was well deserved cuz they really are hot like really hot like I´m in all of his fan clubs hot =) Though I´m sure if it said cutest couple the score would have turned out differently (I mean 4 the fictional book characters)

Jamie

Posted at 9:02 PM on September 21, 2010

Twilight is LAME. Those actors WON’T be remembered in year, but shows how much you know to not even be aware of the fact that the VD books were written and loved way before the Twilight books were ever written. Nice try, though. MAJOR FAIL.

trudie

Posted at 11:07 PM on September 21, 2010

yah two the tune of three hundred million,you muct be joking

Lala

Posted at 2:31 AM on September 22, 2010

Hahahahaha! xD

The Vampire Diaries will be forgettable? I DOUBT it. TVD has a lead main character who is NOT retarded and lets her whole world swirl around some guy. Elena can live without Stefan and/or Damon if they choose to leave her. It will hurt her, but she can DEAL with it, unlike pathetic low-life Bella!

By the way dear, the Twilight actors HATE twilight. Seriously Robert Pattinson said that if edward was a real person he would a creepy axe-murderer type. And Kristen clearly is NOT like Bella in real life – except the awkwardness of course. I bet they laugh their asses off on set abotu how STUPID their lines are. But okay, if your thoughts makes you sleep at night, then I’ll leave you to it :)

Kass

Posted at 5:09 PM on September 21, 2010

The Vampire Diaries is going to get cut soon LOL … because the ratings have gone down and I agree. 2-3 million isn’t good enough and yes it’s better then some of the other shows on the CW but it will go down that path.
Supernatural and Smallville have kept their numbers steady so well see how Vampire Diaries in a year or two.

Vampire Diaries can gloat all they want but numbers tells you who’s more loved and trust me Twilight wins.
Polls don’t tell you anything. Book sales, DVD sales and facebook/Twitter numbers tell you who’s in charge SO EAT THAT. Move over ? My butt.

Sia

Posted at 5:03 PM on September 21, 2010

This is bullcrap. I didn’t even know about this and I haven’t seen this on any of the Twilight sites. SO NO THEY DON’T WIN.
If the Twilight fans knew about this IT WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN A COMPETITION.

Jamie

Posted at 9:00 PM on September 21, 2010

LMFAO Delusional. Nina and Ian beat Rob and Kristen on a poll done by HOLLYWOODLIFE itself. The numbers don’t lie. GET OVER IT. Not everybody is all ‘OMG, ROB AND KRISTEN ARE SO AWESOME AND ROB IS THE BEST VAMPIRE EVA!’ Psht, please.

trudie

Posted at 11:05 PM on September 21, 2010

you have to remember this is holllwoodlife,why wont they put the polls up that robert has won,iam glad you twelve year olds watch cw,that tells the whole story,hey hl,put the polls up that roberts winning.

Mary

Posted at 12:15 AM on September 22, 2010

Are you forgetting that Ian beat Rob for sexiest beast too? I’m sure Twilight fans knew about that.

Jaaaaaaaaaaade

Posted at 5:02 PM on September 21, 2010

Totally deserve this :D Real Vampires don’t sparkle…

Kass

Posted at 5:10 PM on September 21, 2010

Vampires can sparkle because it’s fantasy.

Laura_GG86

Posted at 8:16 PM on September 21, 2010

hahaha Yeah I know. What was the writer thinking….”Hmmm What’s a good reason for why Vampires can’t go in the sun….hmmmm…oh yeah how about because they will turn all glittery and sparkly!” lol

Jamie

Posted at 8:59 PM on September 21, 2010

LMFAO I know, right?

Nina

Posted at 3:58 PM on September 21, 2010

Ian thank you for helping us in this voting lol :D HELL YEAH! NIAN FTW ♥

Jamie

Posted at 8:56 PM on September 21, 2010

LOL I laughed so hard when he tweeted that. Gotta love Ian.

Lena