Lindsay Lohan Admits She Failed Drug Test On Twitter — 'I Am A Work In Progress.'

Mon, September 20, 2010 6:51am EDT by 6 Comments

091610_lohan_FP_5696482_Lohan_Lindsay_FP5_090810

The former actress comes clean about testing positive for cocaine as her future begins to look uncertain.

Lindsay Lohan responded to reports she failed a court ordered drug test by taking to her Twitter. The 24-year old actress posted, “Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked, I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result.” Lindsay now faces the possibility of returning to jail.

Lindsay went on to say, in one of her typically long Twitter posts, “Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn’t go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future. This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I’m prepared to face the consequences. I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that i am trying hard, but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else. I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful….Thank you all!!!”

Even if Lindsay does not go to jail for this offense, there is a very real chance she will be unable to leave the state of California, meaning she would have to cancel all work obligations in other states. She currently has the film Inferno she is set to begin work on and there had been talks of her returning to Saturday Night Live.

For his part, Michael Lohan took this opportunity to say none of this would’ve happened had he still been in her life. At least Lindsay was able to kick that habit.

-Chris Spargo

Cynthia

Posted at 12:44 AM on September 20, 2010

Her career is so over, stick a fork in her she’s done! Bon voyage Blohan…..

gbtw

Posted at 9:32 PM on September 19, 2010

wow. she really needs to be locked up for the 30 days. that would be the best thing for her, but even if the judge does it, the sheriff’s dept will just let her out after the 10% (3 days) anyway. terrible. she is in bad shape if she can’t stay clean even this long, even knowing she’s being randomly tested- and/or, she’s really begging for help. wow. she’s a real addict. wonder what orange oprah has to say about this one as she’s been saying all along her daughter is fine… maybe she will realize now that she isn’t fine?

fghfy

Posted at 1:19 AM on September 19, 2010

LOL… Se-ar-ch “Ch-an-el 2010 Spring Summer Maxi Cavier Leather Flap Ba-g 36070 Blue” on google to Get High quality luxury bags, you will find that’s your love.As l- v- ,ch-an-el,He-r-m-es,etc.Cl-ick the fir-st mess-age

Betty Botox

Posted at 1:04 PM on September 18, 2010

Parents/husbands/wives/children of family members doing hard time for marijuana/cocaine possession are probably beating the walls about now. This story is going to continue for YEARS! Get used to it.

mimi tholsted

Posted at 11:28 AM on September 18, 2010

yeb! I knew it………whats next?

galey

Posted at 11:22 AM on September 18, 2010

It will be interesting to see how she gets out of this one!