SO GOOD/NO GOOD? Does 'Teen Mom' Glamorize Teen Pregnancy? Kirstin & Chloe Debate!

Fri, September 17, 2010 3:40pm EDT by 6 Comments
Loading video...

HollywoodLife.com’s Kirstin Benson & Chloe Melas debate the merits of MTV’s Teen Mom…is it so good, or no good?

YIKES! As MTV’s hit reality show, Teen Mom, becomes more and more famous, the stars have landed magazine covers and major talk shows…leading critics to complain that it glamorizes teen pregnancy. On the other hand, fans of the show love the drama and think it’s the best birth control on the market.

HollywoodLife.com‘s Kirstin Benson and Chloe Melas represent both sides of the argument and debate the merits (or lack thereof) of one of the most popular shows on cable… who YOU agree with most?

ashley seale

Posted at 1:14 PM on November 3, 2010

now i am a teen mom. i am only 16 years old and now i do not regert having my baby but sometimes it is hard.now when young girl’s become a mom they dont think at first. they think it is going to be easy. but it is not. they cry all the time. but as i was saying yes being a mom is an hard job. people who dont have kid’s need to stay out of mom’s thing’s<

noway

Posted at 12:44 PM on September 20, 2010

Teen Mom in no way glamorizes teen pregnancy. If you actually watch the show, you’ll see that what Kirstin is saying is true. I think most of if not all of the girls on that show are not happy and if they could, they would turn back the clock and do things differently and not have children yet.

just my opinion

Posted at 4:16 PM on September 19, 2010

I don’t think it makes being a single teenage mother look like fun AT ALL. one of the girls has friends who want to all move in together, but not her cause she would have to bring a kid and that would be no fun. They are all struggling with school/work, one of them never finished high school, most of them have to be concerned about their kids’ fathers being totally useless, or completely uninvolved. I am 25 and I have three kids with my husband, and I would go freaking bananas if I had to do all that on my own, ontop of being young and still feeling like there was so much to experience…but they will probably never get to.

Casey M.

Posted at 7:32 PM on September 17, 2010

Dirty diapers? Waking up every two hours to a screaming baby? How in the heck is that glamorous?!? I think this show is the best birth control out there. It tells teens (Like myself) “If you screw up and get pregnant, this what you’re in for, babe.” Reality check, channel 4!

ashley seale

Posted at 1:15 PM on November 3, 2010

yes that is what being a teen mom is about (lol)…

Anoymous

Posted at 4:27 PM on September 17, 2010

I don’t think it does glamourize Teen pregnancy. I think it shows the struggles and joys and up and downs of it.