Farrah Vs. Amber! Which 'Teen Mom' Do YOU Think Is A Bigger Brat?

Wed, September 15, 2010 5:17pm EDT by 28 Comments
Courtesy of MTV (2)

Courtesy of MTV (2)

Amber ignores her daughter and swears to her face, while Farrah is totally ungrateful for her family’s help!

A lot happened on the Sept. 14 episode of MTV’s Teen Mom, but if there’s one thing we can ALL agree on it’s that Amber and Farrah both need a serious attitude adjustment! Amber spent the better part of the hour ignoring baby Leah when she cried, and screaming at fiancé Gary. At one point, she even started dropping the F-bomb — in front of Leah! Unacceptable. Meanwhile, Farrah’s brattiness reached new heights as she snapped at her parents because their car broke down on the way to the zoo — like it was their fault!

Here’s what our readers had to say about Amber and Farrah on our Facebook page! (Comments have been edited for length and clarity):

1. Rene M: Amber is rotten! Shame on her! Abusive people suck! If she beats her man, she’s going to beat the children, too!
  2. Laura E: I couldn’t believe how bratty Farrah was being to her parents all because their car broke down on her birthday!
  3. Steja R: Amber wants to be a queen and she treats everyone like crap. She did lose weight, though, and she looks good now.

Fersure

Posted at 4:53 PM on July 17, 2011

I agree with hana and honestly I think amber is only creating more problems for herself to try and get famous. amber is ruining this show. mtv really needs to step in and stop giving amber the satisfaction of being on tv.

ladydi

Posted at 2:49 AM on October 14, 2010

Gary,
You have it in you….step it up and take your daughter, she adores you…

There are many women who will be attracted to you that will treat you with respect and love, what you have with amber is the answer to lust with no regard to your self respect. The potential of what you have with your daughter is great, and it is in you….

guest

Posted at 2:44 AM on October 14, 2010

Farrah is the brat, but she is able to grow and become more of a mom. It is always obvious that she cares about her daughter, but is often immature in her expectations and approach to those around her. She is worth saving.

Amber is just sick and should lose her child, every time we watch her daughter during times with Amber, there is absolutely no positive interaction between them. The child is always seen playing creatively by herself, or sucking on a bottle…. It is the child who is worth and needs saving in this situation, for there is little hope for someone who views allowing a complete stranger to physically care for your daughter while you lounge on a bed in the other room…

rj

Posted at 7:15 AM on October 13, 2010

amber is a raging b*tch. and farrah is a BRAT! if i were her mom i would seriously punch her in the face. amber is straight trash. period. and she let her boyfriend change her kids diaper! no way!

Hana

Posted at 3:35 PM on October 10, 2010

Amber is an unfit mother. She is always yelling at her daughter. More than once, we can see Amber’s daughter trying to run away whenever her mother tries to approach her when angry, frightened and anxious, and usually clings or likes to stand close to her father which shows how abusive – emotionally and verbally – Amber is to her daughter. There is a lot of proof (in video) showing how unfit Amber is as a mother. Child services need to give the father full custody or take the child away. Amber just infuriates me. She’s physically abusive towards the father. That leads me to believe that she will be physically abusive with her daughter in the future if she isn’t already (off-camera).

Shame on MTV for allowing this abuse to happen. They should take initiative to call Child Services instead of letting this continue on but I suppose ratings and money matter more than an innocent child’s life.

Anne

Posted at 11:28 PM on October 5, 2010

Amber has some very deep issues in that head of hers.The girl has no respect for anybody,her daughter crys way more than any kid that age should. Has anyone else notice Amber has always been laying around texting,complaining and talking about this GED that after 2 years she must be a real go getter,lol to still be trying to get a GED!
DHS or DCS needs to step in and tell Gary to either take Leah away or they will take her! Leah’s Daddy is her only shot at a stable life……

Melissa

Posted at 1:16 PM on September 23, 2010

AMBER!!! She is a bitch and needs her ass beat for a change! Why would you curse at your 1 y/o daughter and hit her father in the face while he is holding the baby, That’s bull. Farrah is just a brat, plain and simple. She has no respect for her parents or anyone else. I dislike them both but I would have to say I dislike amber most. I wish gary would take leah and leave amber! He tried soo hard to do right by her and nothing works, She doesn’t love him she just wants to use him in my opinion!

Lisa

Posted at 3:19 PM on September 22, 2010

BOTH!!!! AMBER IS VERY ENTERTAINING AND HUMOROUS! SHE COMPLETELY IGNORES HER CHILD AND DISRESPECTS HER BOYFRIEND, SHE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT SHE WANTS OUT OF LIFE, AND SHE HAS NO LONG TERM GOALS. THIS IS THE REASON WHY CHILDREN SHOULDN’T DO ADULT THINGS. FARRAH IS THE MOST RUDEST CHILD I KNOW. I THINK DEBRA SHOULD LET HER STAY ON HER OWN BECAUSE SHE’S SO DISRESPECTFUL. DONT YOU AGREE THAT ITS TIME FOR SOME TOUGH LOVE?!!

sarah

Posted at 11:15 PM on September 21, 2010

omg i hate amber!! she needs to be nicer to gary and be a better parent to leah. i wish they would just drop her from the show!!! i only like to watch maci,catlyn and tyler. farrah is alright so she is a little bratty but at least she doesnt curse and hit people in front of her daughter

amy

Posted at 10:41 AM on September 20, 2010

I truly cannot stand either Amber or Farrah. Amber is a terrible mother; she is setting the worst example for her daughter. She is down-right abusive and foul. I truly pray that she and Gary stay apart, becuase the two of them together is much worse for poor little Leah. Farrah is the biggest brat I have ever seen. Her mother is a little nutty herself, but at least I feel like she is making an effort to improve their relationship. Farrah just never stops with her horrible attitude. I don’t know how a person grows up to be so rude and disrespctful. if I were her parents, I would stop trying and not do a single other thing for her. She probably deserved to be slapped.

melanie

Posted at 2:40 AM on September 20, 2010

No matter how much weight Amber loses, if she doesn’t get a better attitude, she’s always gonna be unattractive. My goodness, the way she plays the victim all the time.! If she doesn’t want Gary, let him go & do it like a lady. He’s childish taking the tv & bedsheets. But that little baby deserves better. No wonder she cries all the time, her mother cries all the time. And Farrah, get a grip! You’ve got parents that love you & the way you talk to her, I’m amazed that she didn’t take your head-off when she hit you. She might as well, you had her arrested & given a criminal record when you did what you always do. Stop looking down your nose at your mother. Clearly she has spoiled you to the point you think it’s ok to treat her like a door-mat. Your’e no doubt gonna get that treatment back. You’re gonna know how your mom feels in a few years when Sophia does the same mental abuse & disrespect to you. If you treated the rest of the world like you do your parents; you wouldn’t have a friend in this world.

Dayna

Posted at 8:01 PM on September 17, 2010

I hope these 2 bitches know what everyone thinks of them, Farrah as a parent SUCKS! she leaves her on counters and beds, and did you see the small clip of Sophia about to be in comment cleaner? and she is never in her car seat the correct way, i can not believe how they act to and in front of their children. Lea is not even 2 an she is already being spanked? wow, Farrah is the biggest stuck up bitch in the world, she will never find a man that will ever respect her or amber, they both fail in life BIG TIME!!

Andi

Posted at 10:25 PM on September 16, 2010

When i heard Amber tell Gary to slap Leah’s hands when attempting to discipline her, then left her crying, i wanted to reach in the tv and pull that poor little baby out and hug her

Jessica

Posted at 3:17 PM on September 16, 2010

Amber 100% .. from not watching this kid the way she should…to letting her crawl around on a doctors office floor… Is nasty!!!! babies put their hands in their mouth, no telling what that baby picked up off that floor. She reminds me of one of those know it all kind of people. I do think she is a brat and not ready to be a mom. She seems to not have the common sense to be a good parent. I think she should take the high road and find somebody who is ready to give that baby the love and care she needs.

the other girl… she has more problems than her mom hands down.

Shan Holds

Posted at 1:12 PM on September 16, 2010

Eff all this BULLSHYT…Both these bytches are nothing more than WHORES… And them little bastards they gave birth to will treat them worse than they treat their parents… Amber is a fat stupid azz fake celebrity wanna-be and her baby daddy is obese and just stupid, just like she is… She is the most irritating ugly piece of excuse alive. Watching her on the reunion special thing, how she was talking like her shyt don’t stinks, mehn, I would have loved a chance to beat her nasty STD azz into a bloody pulp. Her dude is dumb… To be letting some ugly trick hit on him and talk to him like he’s not worth anything… So they deserve each other… As far as this other tramp Farrah, you’re all sitting there saying the mother hit her and blah blah blah… SPARE THE ROD, SPOIL THE CHILD… This is exactly the problem here. I woulda punched the bytch my damn self… The mother should have been beating her azz as a kid. Maybe she wouldn’t be this useless, bratty statistic who couldn’t tell dude to pull out. She’s a mess… All these teen moms are nothing more than uneducated hood HOES… Sugar coat it all you want, but that’s the truth.

kp

Posted at 10:48 AM on September 17, 2010

Is this a joke? “Eff all this bullshyt” “ugly trick” “uneducated hood hoes”. The word ass doesn’t have any Zs in it. Also, real classy talking about beating woman, child abuse, your sexist views on woman and referring to toddlers as “them little bastards”. Issues with woman much? I hope you do more than pull out(if there is someone dumb enough to sleep with you *shudders*) because the thought that there is already one person like you on this earth is frightening. Better yet, go play in traffic. When you learn how to spell you can talk, you inbreed ignorant loser.

Moe

Posted at 11:02 AM on September 16, 2010

yea I think Farrah is a complete bitch … honestly …. it starts when your young.. if her parents disciplined her when she was younger she would have so much more respect. I’m 21 and I wouldn’t dare talk to my mom or dad like that… yea her mom hit her in the face…she probably had enough … what the hell freakin Americans… you all lack discipline… thats y this nation is going down…

Sam

Posted at 7:40 AM on September 16, 2010

Did everyone suddenly forget that Farrah’s mother punched her in the face??! That’s not acceptable! Everyone is always blaming Farrah but I can’t imagine what it would be like to have my mother punch me in the face then want to be around my child all the time, talk about stress!

kell

Posted at 10:33 AM on September 17, 2010

Right?! First off, she can barely talk about the death of her Sophia’s father’s deather on the show. I think she’s almost numb with not knowing how to handle the grief of it. In the 16 & Pregnant episode it was very obvious Farrah’s parents were pushing the whole denying the pregnancy to the baby’s father and cutting off communication with him thing so hard with her. It’s really sick. And in the new season of Teen Mom Farrah talks to a psychiatrist (thank god) about her mother’s cruel reaction to his death. Only saying “Well, that’s what happens.” and NOTHING else, ever. WTF?

The emotionally, and as we’ve seen by her arrest and conviction, physically abusive relationship with her mom is almost painful to watch. I personally, as the child of an alcoholic mom, think the mom is an alcoholic and yet there’s little mention of HOW bizarre her behavior is. Even on the episode(s) where the incident is talked about. It seems almost clear as day to me.

Then Farrah reaches out to her mom to try and mend the relationship, though visibly still hurt and guarded. As she deserves to be! After her mother took no actual responsibility for punching Farrah in the mouth and wielding a knife at officers as reported in their statements and if she took another step they would have shot her. I believe she even blamed Farrah for it on the show. So when she does try and spend this time with her mother she hardly acknowledges Farrah’s presence all while obsesses over Sophia in the, one again, most bizarre way. I swear to god she’s trying to steal Sophia or something! It is so weird. Like she can throw away Farrah and start with a new child to manipulate. All while none of this is ever even mentioned, which makes it even weirder. I bet they have alot of family secrets. While I do think Farrah acts like a self entitled brat at times (welcome to America in the 21st century), I can’t help but feeling bad for her. Most likely considering I grew up in an abusive environment. Mine being slightly more extreme and certainly not in upper middle class as she. But the similarities between my mom in her intoxicated state and her mom is too close to ignore for me.

guest

Posted at 3:56 PM on October 9, 2010

You seem to know a lot of information. Do you know her personally? I have not been watching the show very long, but I can honestly say I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so ugly on the inside as Farrah. I only hope after watching this show, she sees what kind of a person she is and change. Nothing that you have said explains why she is mean to her father. Her behavior is repulsive, and she should be ashamed of herself. Absolutely no class.

Dayna

Posted at 8:02 PM on September 17, 2010

I have not, I would never hit my child BUT I can see how Debra was provoked, You have no Idea what really went on or what farrah did to provoke her to do that, debra said that farrah was on top of her wailing, so i would not get in her side for anything, someone neeeds to kick her ass

Britt

Posted at 12:40 PM on September 18, 2010

Did you see how she was acting beFORE her mother punched her?? I would have punched her ages ago. She needs a serious wake up call. Lots of teen mothers aren’t lucky enough to have that help and support from their parents. For her to behave the way she does, is a shame because it shows how undeserving she is OF that help, and in the end, the only one that’s going to suffer is her baby. SMH

Dina

Posted at 12:57 AM on September 16, 2010

Amber is hilarious! She cries about her being sick of her and her B.F breaking up and getting back together over and over when she’s the one who is constantly breaking up with her man every 5 seconds and kicking him out as soon as her spoiled #$# doesn’t get her way. Then she kicks her man out and then tells the baby “Daddies leaving again”. GOD What a NUTCASE! The girl needs serious therapy and has the maturity of a 5 year old. Not to mention is a HORRIBLE Mother that neglects her kid! YUCK. Not to mention she looks like an alien. Please take her off TV..

Lou

Posted at 12:30 AM on September 16, 2010

Amber is such a whiner. Gosh get rid of Gary and get a life. Stop your whining. Lost weight. Get a job. Get a babysitter. Stop being so lazy. And did I say stop whining.

Corinne

Posted at 11:56 PM on September 15, 2010

I think both girls need to change their attitudes because not only does it make them look like b*tches, it makes them poor role models for their daughters.

Boat

Posted at 9:58 PM on September 15, 2010

Ugh, Amber is horrible. She has major rage problems! And Farrah is a spoiled brat.

Joyce White

Posted at 7:59 PM on September 15, 2010

Ok Girls ! get a grip on your lives! I would say Farrah is a better mother but she treats her parents like dogs. Shame on you Farrah! It isn’t their fault..You should be kissing the ground they walk on. Your little girl is adorable! Your Mom and Dad are so sweet and nice …But you always complain about ! you need to take some positive action in your life and count your blessings. Now Amber you are way too negative about everything. Your little girl sees and copies you. Gary isn’t your soulmate! Nice guy! But you fight way too much about everything! My husband was from Pendleton Indiana and he just couldn’t believe how rude you are! Go get a job! go to school! and make something of yourself! Show more affection to your little girl. She needs you and start being a nicer person to everyone! Be thankful….

StateofShock

Posted at 11:17 PM on September 28, 2010

Amber is the most horrible person I have seen on reality TV. Amber makes Omarosa look nice… I say this because she is abusing that baby. Every time she hits Gary in front of that child, she is giving the baby emotional issues. Every time she swears and curses Gary, Amber is taking away a part of that baby’s childhood. Every time she throws a tantrum, that child’s mind is being bent to think that this is normal. Gary may not be a prize, and sure he may do some aggravating stuff, and he has his issues, but he is certainly not violent. Amber is lucky he hasn’t defended himself. Its really easy to hit somebody who does not have the nature to hit back. Now if she hit some other men, somebody would be loading her ass into a hearse. Amber’s child is at risk when with her mother. I find it hard to believe that this behavior is reserved for Gary. Remember, Gary sometimes just shows up and she’s already throwing a tantrum while alone, and he makes the mistake of walking in and being Amber’s convenience target. Please….somebody call the department of social services and intervene and make sure that whacked out chic doesn’t raise this baby.