EXCLUSIVE! Live From The VMA Red Carpet…Watch Lady Gaga & Katy Perry Breeze By Like Royalty!

Mon, September 13, 2010 11:35am EDT by 10 Comments
Loading video...

Lady Gaga never looks quite the same — when she walked by me today at the Video Music Awards’ “white” carpet, I mistook her for foreign royalty!

After standing outside for hours on MTV’s 2010 Video Music Awards “white carpet” in downtown Los Angeles, I was starting to become delirious. My oh-so-fabulous four-inch gold heels had become unbearable and the wind was gusting so hard through the walk way that I’d had goose bumps for a solid hour and a half.

All things considered, I still had NO excuse to confuse Lady Gaga — queen of the Gucci Guilty-sponsored VMAs — with Cher, or some random foreign dignitary…but I did.

“What the heck?” I said, turning to my red carpet BFF and cameraman, Mike, as Gaga paraded down the carpet, arm-in-arm with two handsome men and flanked by her entourage on all sides. Lady Gaga is a mystical figure to me…her music and videos have become so legendary, I forget she’s actually a real person.

Her presence was powerful and she never once broke character, staring ahead without a smile all the way down the carpet. I would have expected the press to be yelling her name and trying to get her attention, but instead it was quite the opposite. A hush fell over the carpet as the 24-year-old waltzed through; the queen was in session.

After winning eight VMA awards later that evening, Gaga had loosened up and even cracked a smile in the media room, waving to all of us as she exited with her giant entourage (which included Perez Hilton) in tow.

Needless to say, I’ll never forget my first up-close-and-personal experience with the new Queen of Pop!

Check out more videos from BIG IS GOOD.TV!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

leslie

Posted at 2:52 PM on September 14, 2010

thanks for the deets hollywoodlife! i missed the vmas so i’m glad you gave us some video.

sam

Posted at 10:19 PM on September 13, 2010

That’s super cool! Its so fun to see everyone and see you!

lola

Posted at 8:30 PM on September 13, 2010

I love deadmau5 – and I love the part about his cat!

jen

Posted at 8:24 PM on September 13, 2010

Love the video, thanks Kirstin! Is Lady Gaga really that tiny like someone else said?

momoftwogirls

Posted at 5:45 PM on September 13, 2010

What a crazy night! The VMA’s are always so much fun to watch. People really go all out with their outfits, and Kirstin did too! Love the bling and thanks for putting us upfront and center.

NANLU

Posted at 3:20 PM on September 13, 2010

She is quite something Miss GAGA WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY/////////

flamingtide

Posted at 1:36 PM on September 13, 2010

lady gaga is amazing.

abby

Posted at 1:00 PM on September 13, 2010

Did you get to see Chelsea Handler? How did she look?

themau5

Posted at 12:56 PM on September 13, 2010

Deadmau5 is the coolest. Can’t believe you got to interview him. So jealous! Great video. Thanks!

georgina

Posted at 11:23 AM on September 13, 2010

I’m glad she didn’t cover her face! I can see why she would be hard to recognize considering she usually wears a veil or something that obscures her facial features. Fun!