Taylor Swift Responds To Kanye West VMA Incident With New Song, 'You're Still An Innocent!'

Mon, September 13, 2010 12:12am EDT by 5 Comments

091210_taylor_swift_104037324

Great news Kanye, Taylor thinks you can change and has even written and now performed an easy listening song to tell us all about it!

After much, much hype, Taylor Swift took to the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sept. 12 and performed her new song “You’re Still an Innocent,” a reference to her incident at last year’s ceremony with Kanye West. “Thirty-two and still growing up now / who you are is not what you did / you’re still an innocent.” Subtle!

What do you think of Taylor’s new song HollywoodLifers?

TaylorR

Posted at 5:07 PM on September 13, 2010

Good lyrics. But Taylor didnt sing it as well as she sings her other songs. But I still love her.

carolina

Posted at 8:36 AM on September 13, 2010

I agree with claud. She can’t sing at all i dont understand why she is so popular music these days is just a piece of crap i miss good old times 80’s 90’s rules :)

tinamarie

Posted at 8:32 AM on September 13, 2010

The song is called Speak and I loved it. I love her I think she has so many emotions when she sings and it just touches me.

claud

Posted at 8:22 AM on September 13, 2010

this girl can’t sing. am i losing my mind? SHE CAN’T SING. she can’t sing. why doesn’t she lip sync? she… (hello? is anyone listening?) CAN’T SING.

Alaska Maden

Posted at 3:22 AM on September 13, 2010

Well, I listened to the song. I’m not sure if she’s trying to capitalize on that past incident with West but if that’s the case it shows her life experiences are shallow which is reflected in her voice.

I think her voice needs more time to mature. Perhaps West was right and Swift needs to consider his criticism in honing her craft. I don’t own a single Beyounce’ disk but time has made her a better artist.

That’s what Swift needs…alot more life experience. She can sing about high school crushes, she’s been there and does fine at that level. But considering the lyrics:

Who you are is not where you’ve been
You’re still an innocent
It’s OK, life is a tough crowd
32 and still growing up now
Who you are is not what you did
You’re still an innocent

We are an accumulation of our life experiences, Swift’s lyrics say she hasn’t been around long enough to give advice about adulthood. Kanye needs to stop beating himself up. He was right about the talent, wrong about the timimg.