The 'Gossip Girl' Season Four Premiere Was Très Dramatique! Blair Had A Meltdown In Paris, Plus 4 More 'OMG' Moments!

Mon, September 13, 2010 11:16pm EDT by 8 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

Courtesy of The CW

A baby, a breakdown and a cat fight! Which Gossip-worthy moment left YOU totally speechless?

BFFs, the night we’ve  been waiting for all summer has finally come — the fourth season of Gossip Girl is here! Many questions were left unanswered after last May’s finale, and in typical Gossip Girl fashion, the Sept. 13 premiere shocked me from beginning to end. Since Serena (Blake Lively) and Blair (Leighton Meester) have left the Upper East Side to conquer the streets of Paris for the summer,  they’ve been swooning over Chanel shoes and cute boys. But B and S have a harsh reality to face when they return to the streets of Manhattan.

Here are our favorite OMG moments from tonight’s episode:

1. Georgina has a baby!

We were skeptical when Georgina Sparks (Michelle Trachtenberg) showed up “pregnant” in the third season finale. But now that it’s confirmed she was pregnant and has a baby as proof, we just have one question: Is Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley) really the daddy?

2. Chuck Bass is alive!

This was by far the biggest OMG moment of the night for me! Last time we saw Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick), he was bleeding to death after being shot in an alley. Now we know he’s alive and well — very well, actually. He’s romantically involved with a mysterious blonde, and he’s en route to Paris! Uh-oh…

3. Serena decides to go Columbia!

After a year of putting college aside, I’m so glad to see that Serena has finally come to her senses, choosing to enroll at Columbia University in the fall. And best of all: BFFs Serena and Blair will be reunited once again!

4. Blair admits she misses Chuck!

Blair acts all tough and pushes BFF Serena into a fountain, but she eventually lets down her guard and confesses she’s still totally hurting post-breakup from Chuck!

5. Who is Juliet Sharp?

After Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford) hears that Serena will be back in NYC for the school year, he clings to a new mysterious girl named Juliet Sharp (Katie Cassidy.) But it doesn’t look like it’ll be a drama-free love connection after catching a glimpse of Juliet’s room decked with newspaper clippings of the the Gossip Girl clan.

So what did you think BFFs? Were you totally shocked throughout the episode as I was? Drop me a comment with your biggest OMG moments from the night!

— Nicole Karlis

And here’s a quick look at the episode, in case you missed it:

Loading video...

Leyla

Posted at 5:53 AM on September 14, 2010

OMG if Juliet is Gossip Girl it means this is the last season. I mean nates a total ass but dans no better serena should get back with Carter. Atleast she has to teach Nate how to be a man and take care of the woman he loves, the most shocking OMG was the Gossip Girl scene of Juliet, the rest we had seen from sneak peeks, spoilers and promos. LOL =D
XOXO <3

Nicole Karlis

Posted at 11:22 AM on September 14, 2010

that’s true— I doubt Juliet is the Gossip Girl.. no way would they make it that easy to find out on the first episode of the season. But CARTER? really?! ahh, I thought he was horrible for Serena (but very cute)!And agreed.. idk why Dan didn’t have his own test!!

Charlotte

Posted at 12:43 AM on September 14, 2010

Im just glad shes on a show now. LOVED MELROSE PLACE!!!

German

Posted at 12:07 AM on September 14, 2010

love love gossip girl episode and I hope that follow so as cool as he started, I love Katie is very mysterious

Nicole Karlis

Posted at 11:42 PM on September 13, 2010

I totally agree, blair! The show would be nothing without Chuck.. I couldn’t imagine what would happen if he died. And I’m still skeptical towards the whole baby situation, I’m not sure if I really think Dan is the father- Georgina is so sketchy! And I liked Juliet, too, until the stalker newspaper articles! COULD SHE BE THE GOSSIP GIRL?? AHH!! I’m so excited for this season!! Thanks for reading!!!

Leyla

Posted at 5:56 AM on September 14, 2010

I totaly agree about the baby thing, he should have had his own test. IDIOT. BUUT i think u guys are right she might be a stalker. Though nothing matters more than what kind of an ass Nate is, I mean why was he so dramatic about loving her for 3 years? He hurt her every single day of their relationship he just found a way. NAtes a manwhore, and thats about the summary of their relationship. I wish Juliet hurts nate so he knows how it feels……

Leyla

Posted at 5:57 AM on September 14, 2010

My comments a little confusing i meant nate hurt serena he’s a manwhore and thats the summary of their relationship. ANd I wish juliet hurts nate.

blair

Posted at 11:29 PM on September 13, 2010

i loved this episode. although it got confusing in the end though. im so glad chuck is still alive. I LOOOVE HIM! the show would be nothing without him and blair. georgina is so CRAZY! i can’t belive she did that to dan. she left milo with him. i don’t think dan is the father. Juliet i liked but scared me in the end with all those pics of serena and nate. i think she’s either a stalker or she’s GOSSIP GIRL. i can’t wait for next week. chuck and blair HAVE to get back together <3