'Kate Plus 8' Ratings Are Plummeting! Girlfriends, Why Aren't You Watching?

Fri, September 10, 2010 3:18pm EDT by 64 Comments
INFphoto.com

INFphoto.com

There was a ton of hype surrounding Kate’s single-mom reality show this summer, but now Kate’s barely holding onto her reality TV queen throne!

Kate Gosselin has a lot to be thankful for — but ratings is definitely not at the top of her list. TLC gave the reality mom-of-eight the lucrative opportunity to have her own show after she and Jon Gosselin called it quits. Despite the hype surrounding the show, Kate’s new spin-off Kate Plus 8 isn’t bringing in the numbers TLC may have hoped for.

The series debut of Kate Plus 8 brought in 3.4 million which was a very strong standing for a Sunday night special, but the second episode July 11 shot down 33 percent with only 2.2 million viewers. And the most disappointing news for Kate and her tots were the most recent TV ratings from the Aug. 30 episode. Ratings dropped yet again, and as it turns out, only 1.6 million people tuned in to watch Kate and her brood.

We’re guessing this is why Kate’s been dressing more seductively and gussying it up for the camera with super low-cut tops and stilettos. But even Kate’s “new look” isn’t garnering enough attention for the show. Back when Jon used to star on Jon and Kate Plus 8, each episode would average around 2 million viewers — and the infamous episode in which Jon and Kate finally announced their divorce brought in a whopping 10 million viewers!

Moms probably feel like they can’t relate to the former nurse anymore. Now that Kate’s been a diva on Dancing with the Stars, hired a personal bodyguard, and is dressing like a teen, mommies are being turned off. Kate definitely has an amazing life and we’d definitely love to be a Gosselin kid, but she better try something new before she’s a reality mom no more!

The big question is, what’s going to happen with her upcoming show, Twist of Kate — will TLC still air the show?

— Chloe Melas

Babs

Posted at 10:29 PM on August 29, 2011

I am so glad that Kate Plus 8 has been cancelled. All she cares about is herself. She yells at her children and expects everything to be clean. She is such a phony. Always wearing high heels, such a joke.

Sue

Posted at 6:41 PM on August 21, 2011

She has outlived her 15 minutes of fame—the public is very tired of her. I cannot turn the channel quick enough when she even dons the screen.

Rodney

Posted at 9:27 AM on April 20, 2011

Wake up gal, Diva, is not what you want to project. Wholesum mom from Lancaster, Pa. sold, Diva in heals don’t..

Caren

Posted at 11:19 PM on March 11, 2011

Cause its never on…thats why i dont watch it anymore

Ashley

Posted at 11:44 PM on January 1, 2011

Why in the world would you love to be a Gosselin kid? Bonnie, I thought you’d seen the light about Kate. Guess not.

Clairissa K

Posted at 9:27 PM on November 29, 2010

Wait… her show started up in JUNE? I didn’t even know until today!

Jeff

Posted at 1:55 PM on November 24, 2010

She is a has been….Nasty nasty woman

CET

Posted at 10:56 PM on November 8, 2010

Kate is so OBNOXIOUS. I can’t stand listening to her yelling and trying to grab attention from any & all who are around. Cover the boobs, cut the nails, act your age & seriously….shut your loud freaking mouth!!!!

maria

Posted at 9:40 AM on April 6, 2011

i agree totally – she is so disgusting- her phony laugh turns me off – tell her to make up with her brother & family & start setting good examples for her kids – thank goodness jon saw through her

Cindy

Posted at 5:04 PM on October 25, 2010

I don’t watch and I usually don’t post on stories about Kate. Any time TLC sees interest or controversy it only prolongs our misery. A special thanks to everyone who turned the dial to ensure that someday we can finally stand in a checkout line or surf the internet without having to look at Kate. Her kids deserve better than this Joan Crawford wannabee.

Stacy

Posted at 8:49 PM on October 19, 2010

I liked it when they first came on. This was when she was a normal everyday mom! Now all she thinks about is herself, what she can wear, how she looks etc… I loved it when she wore t-shirts and sweats and did things with her kids! My son loves the show to watch the “babies” as he calls it, but I can’t stand Kate now. She thinks she is all that, and she is soooo not!!!! I hope she enjoyed all her freebies, and her 15 mins. of fame, because hopefully it is done!

Shelly

Posted at 4:18 PM on October 11, 2010

I wish TLC would do a reality show on the real world of an everyday family and the struggle bringing up a family in these times. Give some poor family a chance at some $$ and maybe take them on a vacation, real poor children who don’t stand a chance of seeing Disney World and help them put food on the table. Every year I adopt to poor children for Christmas and my heart broke when a 6 yr old told me he wanted afternoon snacks for christmas that his friend gets to have one everyday after school. TLC Please give it a break with that Greedy Clan!

Crisy

Posted at 7:47 PM on October 15, 2010

I couldn’t agree more Shelly…This woman needs to go away !! It seems that the entire premise of Kate Plus 8 is all about KATE…It’s I, I, I, I , I, Me, Me, Me, Me…Kate Plus 8 is NOT reality, she is not a mom that struggles on a daily basis raising children (don’t care that she has 8 kids, after 3 children there isn’t much of a difference) She is a woman who thrives the perks of exposing herself to the media and what is most upsetting she exposes her children who she claims to love and have their best interest at heart…one day those kids will end up resenting this pathetic woman they call “mom”
..I’m not one to judge on what women wear but the more I watch the trainwreck of a show I can’t help but get disturbed by the way she dresses..I like to feel like a beautiful woman, I like to feel like to feel sexy, however, there is a time and a place.. In front of your little girls and little boys is absolutely inappropriate..(PULL THE SHIRT UP KATE & LOSE THE HEELS)…

Dant2590

Posted at 3:36 PM on October 5, 2010

I can’t believe people ever watched that show. She’s NO MOM…she’s a publicity whore. She wants as much attention as she can get without doing anything. I think if she wouldn’t be arrested, she would sit on her fat a$$ all day long and do nothing for the kids…or sit at the computer all day long trying to figure out why she’s a NOBODY. Want to know the reason Kate??? YOU’RE ARE A NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patti

Posted at 4:24 PM on October 4, 2010

I’m so sick of this woman and her God awful theatrics. She has about as much common sense or acting abilities as a rat high on heroine. It’s a crying shame these eight children are cursed with having such an idiot for a mother. It’s clear Mady is a little Kate–hopefully, the State of PA will step in get these kids away from her psychotic influence before it’s too late. Go home Kate and learn how to be a REAL mother, Kate!!!

justina38

Posted at 4:24 PM on September 28, 2010

I watched her new show for about 10 minutes and would rather watch paint dry!

MeanOne

Posted at 12:12 AM on September 26, 2010

Who wants to watch a want a be? If she had never gotten a reality show, she would have been a frumpy, average housewife with 8 kids that she couldn’t afford, living in a house that was too small and probably living on welfare.

HOWEVER, she was lucky enough to get a reality show and now money sure does agree with her. I’d love to find the time to run 7 miles a day – per her in some magazine I read, the only thing she does to stay fit. No plastic surgery – yea, right!!!

I don’t watch ’cause I’m sick of her being in high heels constantly and screaming. What is up with that? She’s dressed like she’s going to meet the queen when she’s doing work the average person would have ripped t-shirt on to do. And what is it that she’s always half naked anymore? Please, you have 8 kids…………..put some freaking clothes on!!!

I hope that she goes off the air soon. I’m sick of her. I believe we’ll be hearing about her in bankruptcy court soon enough!

Not to mention all the problems I’m sure the kids will have.

Sarah

Posted at 6:47 PM on September 22, 2010

TLC sucks and so does Khate!!! Done with any show that TLC has anything to do with. If this is the best they can do….I am done with them!!! They have turned this woman into a monster. I feel so sorry for those kids, they are only little for a short period of time, and they never look like they are having fun and Khate never looks like she is having fun when she is with them either. Sad sad sad!!!!

m.c.

Posted at 11:22 AM on December 2, 2010

I AGREE BUT HOWEVER IF YOU’RE GOING TO BASH SOMEONE AT LEAST SPELL THE NAME CORRECTLY K-A-T-E!!!!!

sandi

Posted at 11:58 PM on September 21, 2010

Kate plus 8 is too much Kate. If I could ever watch without her being a camera whore, it may be okay to see the kids, but she is annoying and so into herself. Either take the show off the air or bring Jon back, he was normal. Too much Kate on Kate plus 8.

PHYLIS ELCE

Posted at 11:54 PM on September 21, 2010

i usedto enjoy the show early on but now that kate think’s she’s a diva and show’s that the almighty $$$$$$ is still top dog but i will watch TLC for some of the other reality shows but turn the channel when she is on

PHYLIS ELCE

Posted at 11:37 PM on September 21, 2010

I CAN’T STAND TO WATCH KATE ANYMORE I USED TO BE A FAN OF THE SHOW BUT SHE REALLY HAS GONE DOWNHILL EVEN THO SHE THINKS SHE IS A DIVA

jennifer cumback

Posted at 8:36 PM on September 21, 2010

how can you

jennifer cumback

Posted at 8:43 PM on September 21, 2010

Kate Gosslin- i”m sorry love but in all these new episodes, you look none the less of a needy -very needy human being. You dress like a slut. Bare bottom line. What are you thinking? You are “cute” this way? NON. High heels every where you go? Sigh.. I thought better for you as to what was given to you and your family. Stardom trash is what the public is left with. Shame…