EXCLUSIVE! Ashlee Simpson-Wentz Tells Us Her Fourth Studio Album Is On The Way: 'I'm Writing It Now!'

Fri, September 10, 2010 12:55pm EDT by 5 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

Get excited! Ashlee says she’s in the midst of writing songs for her new album!

It’s been more than two years since Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, 25, put out her third studio album, Bittersweet World, and we’ve been dying for more music from the punky mom. So imagine our joy when Ashlee told us that a fourth album is on the way! “I’m writing now,” she told HollywoodLife.com exclusively Sept. 10 at the BCBG show at Lincoln Center in NYC, part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. “I’m not in a rush. I’m loving being a mom, but I’m excited to get back out there.”

OK, so it sounds like Ashlee’s been busy with her OTHER side project, baby Bronx Mowgli, but she’s ready to get back in the game.

“I’m loving where my record is going,” she continued. “It’s not a super rush, but I do want to get it out for my fans.”

This is GREAT news, right BFFs? Tell us: Will YOU be buying Ashlee’s upcoming fourth album?

— Reporting by Katrina Mitzeliotis

Corey Groves

Posted at 1:05 AM on May 3, 2011

I just wanted to say that I don’t care if Ashlee Simpson got caught lip-synching on Saturday Night Live back in 2004 because it wasn’t her fault that she had acid reflux and that she had to use a backing track. I also don’t care if her lastest album, “Bittersweet World” had only sold 150,000 copies here in the United States of America and 220,000 copies worldwide because I love her music with all my heart, and I want to spend the rest of my life listening to it because her music has been the best thing that has ever happened to me ever sice she came into the music industry back in 2004. I would be lost if she ever decides to stop making music because making music is what she lives for. Ashlee is one of my most favorite female Pop music artists and songwriters in the music industry, and I’m also one of her most biggest fans who was born and raised over here in the United States of America. I have all 3 of her previous albums, and I can’twait until she releases her new upcoming album later on this year because I really want to buy it. I’m pretty sure that her new upcoming album will sell over 1 million copies over here in the United States of America and worldwide because she has a lot of fans all over the world who really enjoys listening to her music as much as I do. I would prefer her over her sister, Jessica because in my personal opinion, I think she looks a lot more prettier than her even though she had plastic surgery on her nose. End of story.

Lindsay

Posted at 7:28 PM on September 12, 2010

Yeah! She is my favorite singer ever….!!!!
I already have all of her 3 albums !

Zoey Violet

Posted at 7:27 PM on September 12, 2010

DUH !!!! OF COURSE !!!!!

ASHLEE IS ONE OF THE GREATEST ARTIST IN THIS
BUSSINESS !!!

NA

Posted at 1:22 PM on September 12, 2010

OMG! Definitely YES!!!

Jahaira

Posted at 8:29 PM on September 11, 2010

yess i will be buying that fo-shoo!